• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 Premier League

Renegade

Charge on!
Why would signing an inferior player put Cameron's place in doubt?

They resigned Andy Wilkinson that has been Cameron's backup. There's no other reason to bring in Bardsley other than Cameron is done at RB. There's no spot for him at CB unless Shawcross is sold, but there may be a spot in defensive midfield, especially if Nzonzi moves on.

Renegade

Charge on!
Think Shawcross leaves? Heard Castle and City could be after him.

Maybe to City or another top club. Not to Newcastle. He's been at Stoke a long time, so I don't know what's just typical summer rumors and what might be real. If he does leave, then Cameron could definitely shift over to CB.

Chase

Getting rid of Luiz for £50 million must make Mourinho feel like one of those people on the Antiques Roadshow that gets offered £50k for an old plate they were going to throw out.

WingedHelmet

I think the point was Mourinho doesn't like Luiz all that much, despite how highly everyone else rates him. He's a fine player and all, but £50 million?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You take that 50m and run (especially if you can sign Mangala), but his analogy made it sound more like the offer was for Cole.

Rob's FSU

No problem, the English have long produced very good defenders; it's just everywhere else they've lacked.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Ranking of countries record in penalty kick shoot-outs:

Shootoutrecords2606.jpg

:england:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Stoke looks close to signing Diouf from Hannover. I wonder who Chelsea is going to buy with the Luiz money. I heard Koke, Paulinho, Pogba being thrown around.

Also QPR are back. Bart Scott for more financial instability

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Pocchetino leaves the Nawlins Saints to go to the San Antonio Spurs. Should be great for Lamela, now he has another Argentinean to talk to. I'm guessing this is just the beginning of the pain for Soton.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Swansea? Is Vorm going to leave there? I see he's been linked with Liverpool, but that seems strange.

Fabianski was a good backup to have, but that's about it. He'll be a solid mid table goalie, but nothing more. Arsenal do really need a new backup now.

chibob

Lambert to Liverpool sounds like its a done deal.

The logic behind the purchase is that hes a solid second stringer to come off the bench.

But if they lose Suarez to Madrid then they need to go out and buy a world class striker unless they want to slip back out of the top four.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
British press running with a story that Chelsea are about to table a 30m offer for Cesc. Would be a quality signing IMO, but I'd give it very low odds of happening.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Cesc's agent is probably angling for a new deal. I read that he was linked to Arsenal, and I think this morning he was also linked to Man City.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
British press (including the more legitimate sources -- Sky and BBC) saying Diego Costa has passed his medical and his Chelsea move is basically done.

Also, Atleti have apparently signed a new keeper from Getafe, further rumors that Courtois will stay at Chelsea next season. Does that mean Cech is being sold?

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
So.......now the press is running with a story that Cesc-to-Chelsea is a done deal. There are a few articles with quotes from Torres talking about how Costa and Cesc will fit in at Chelsea next season. What's not entirely clear is if he's talking about the deals being done already, or if he was asked a hypothetical question; i.e. IF Costa and Cesc came, how would it work out?

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Atletico are also now denying that there is a deal for Costa in place.

Supposedly it's done, Costa has passed his medical, etc., but Atleti don't want it confirmed until after June 30, so they can delay the taxes on his transfer fee until the following fiscal year.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
If Fabregas goes to Chelsea ... ugh. No reason why Arsenal couldn't have gotten him. I still think this is a ploy by his agent - why would he leave Barcelona right now - but if it happens, I'm gonna be pissed.

Snorky's Shame

The only thing I can think of is Luis Enrique just doesn't like Fabregas. For some the complaint was that he was too slow and didn't link well with Xavi, Iniesta or Busquets.

I agree it's strange, I'd rather get rid of Xavi rather than Fabregas at this point.

My only problem is why is Barcelona is selling to someone who is unwilling to sell anyone to them. If Mourinho is unwilling to sell players to Barcelona, why should they sell any one to him.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Supposedly it's done, Costa has passed his medical, etc., but Atleti don't want it confirmed until after June 30, so they can delay the taxes on his transfer fee until the following fiscal year.

I saw that about the medical, but hadn't heard about the tax reasons. One story said Atleti were holding out for the full amount of the release clause.

Chase

Courtois
Ivanovic - Terry - Cahill - Azpilicueta
Matic - Fabregas
Willian - Oscar - Hazard
Costa

Should be heavy favorites next year. Lawd. Chelsea sign Costa + Cesc in a week and Manchester United sits on their asses and is floundering with a Luke Shaw deal. Cesc would be perfect with Chelsea.. none of of the tiki taka faggotry, direct passing in a front 4 full of pace.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I doubt Mourihno would use Fabregas very much as a deep lying midfielder like that. I would personally think he would take over for Oscar. Matic and Ramires fall much more in line with how he likes to play. Maybe Fabregas would go back there against weak PL teams.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
The only thing I can think of is Luis Enrique just doesn't like Fabregas. For some the complaint was that he was too slow and didn't link well with Xavi, Iniesta or Busquets.

I agree it's strange, I'd rather get rid of Xavi rather than Fabregas at this point.

My only problem is why is Barcelona is selling to someone who is unwilling to sell anyone to them. If Mourinho is unwilling to sell players to Barcelona, why should they sell any one to him.

The various media outlets are saying Cesc doesn't fit Barca's style (or La Liga in general) as well as he fits the Premier League. Barca is too precise and disciplined for him; he's better off in a little more open, attacking, chaotic setup...which is what most Prem teams offer.

On your second point...does it really matter that much? If Chelsea are willing to pay more for him than anybody else, take the money. They're not a league rival, and let's be honest, Barca sees themselves as better than Chelsea anyway, so I doubt they're really worried about Cesc putting Chelsea over the top, and making the Blues an insurmountable UCL hurdle for them.

I saw that about the medical, but hadn't heard about the tax reasons. One story said Atleti were holding out for the full amount of the release clause.

I thought £31.8m is the release clause amount?

Courtois
Ivanovic - Terry - Cahill - Azpilicueta
Matic - Fabregas
Willian - Oscar - Hazard
Costa

Should be heavy favorites next year. Lawd. Chelsea sign Costa + Cesc in a week and Manchester United sits on their asses and is floundering with a Luke Shaw deal. Cesc would be perfect with Chelsea.. none of of the tiki taka faggotry, direct passing in a front 4 full of pace.

I doubt Mourihno would use Fabregas very much as a deep lying midfielder like that. I would personally think he would take over for Oscar. Matic and Ramires fall much more in line with how he likes to play. Maybe Fabregas would go back there against weak PL teams.

I would probably switch Fabregas and Oscar. I think Cesc is better at picking out a killer pass in/around the penalty area. Oscar scores some wonder goals, a la Lampard, but his passing is overrated, IMO. I'd rather he take the ball from Matic and either try a long ball to the wings, or get it up to Cesc, and let him look for the gap in the D.