• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 Premier League

chibob

I've read 20m, 12m, and 6m (from Robert) for his loan fee, so who knows. Either way, I don't think what ManU was missing is an injury prone striker.

Haven't seen Arsenal play yet, but top four still looks like them, Pool, City, and Chelsea.

Sky Sports say 6 so I'm going to trust them

chibob

It's a loan deal for a year with option to but next year to get around the financial fair play for those curious

Chase

It's a loan deal for a year with option to but next year to get around the financial fair play for those curious

Manchester United is the last club that will ever have to worry about FFP. They're doing a loan deal because he's a 28 year old striker who's injury prone and while world class, there's a chance that he can bust, FFP has nothing to do with it. Watching Sky Sports now, even the ex Liverpool chairman said so himself.

chibob

Manchester United is the last club that will ever have to worry about FFP. They're doing a loan deal because he's a 28 year old striker who's injury prone and while world class, there's a chance that he can bust, FFP has nothing to do with it. Watching Sky Sports now, even the ex Liverpool chairman said so himself.

Iv heard different.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Rumours saying Welbeck undergoing medical at Arsenal. If true, I think Wenger will get the most out of him. I think he could get the same return as Adebayor. Not going to be world beating, but good enough to push for things with the talent surrounding.

chibob

Rumours saying Welbeck undergoing medical at Arsenal. If true, I think Wenger will get the most out of him. I think he could get the same return as Adebayor. Not going to be world beating, but good enough to push for things with the talent surrounding.

I heard Spurs, I also heard that Welbeck wouldnt be going to Arsenal.

But I reckon it would be a good fit for him, hes not going to be a top league goal scorer, at least not yet (still only 23) but he should be good for 10-15 goals if he gets to play every week.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I heard Spurs, I also heard that Welbeck wouldnt be going to Arsenal.

But I reckon it would be a good fit for him, hes not going to be a top league goal scorer, at least not yet (still only 23) but he should be good for 10-15 goals if he gets to play every week.
I've read from several papers that we've hijacked the move and he's already at our training ground undergoing a medical. It's been the one rumour that made sense to me. I think he's a Wenger type.

chibob

Agent friend just told me Defoe to Arsenal.

However this is the same guy who told me
Bale to United last year.

bruin

BwdrHa_IQAA_S3B.jpg:large

tab10

I'm watching Sky sports and they just mention this welbeck deal is not a loan and would be permanent?

Chase

$16 million squigglies for Welbeck would be a good bit of business for United. Think he'll do well at Arsenal.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Like the Welbeck move if it goes through, @hayvis?

I actually love it. Firstly, we are signing someone with physicality and height, which will go a long way when trying to fill in for Giroud. Secondly his potential hasn't been tapped and he will suit both our system and also the type of mentoring that Wenger will give him. Thirdly, he is another young English talent that will fit in straight away on a personal level with the core of the team.

There are some Arsenal fans that don't like it, because they were hoping for Cavani or someone, but in my opinion, this is just a moronic FIFA video game way of looking at things.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I do think it's good business, though, 25m squigglies for a 29 year old who is currently hurt isn't the worst. They're going to flame out of UCL bad when one of the strikers inevitably gets hurt, I'm hoping they re-arm in the winter window (where they'll have a fresh 50m squigglies to spend) but wouldn't be surprised if the title is out of reach by then. This team is just one year older, I can't think of one player who has improved from last year to this. We'll be lucky to get 4th imo, everyone talks up City like we're good but we just smack bad teams by huge scorelines and otherwise are volatile and too high risk atm to sustain a second title in two years.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Welbeck is a pretty good panic buy for Arsenal. He should be able to do enough to fill in for Giroud for a couple of months. But still, I don't understand how Arsene thinks having 6 players (I guess 7 if you count Flamini, who could cover at fullback) to cover for 4 spots in the defense is a good idea. You're literally two injuries away from starting Monreal and Chambers at centerback.

Also, is ManU being run by a drunk teenager playing FIFA? Hey, we need pretty much an entire new back four and probably two more central midfielders. I know, let's sign di Maria and Falcao! How on earth will Mata, Januzaj, di Maria, RvP, Rooney, and Falcao play in the same team?

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Welbeck is a pretty good panic buy for Arsenal. He should be able to do enough to fill in for Giroud for a couple of months. But still, I don't understand how Arsene thinks having 6 players (I guess 7 if you count Flamini, who could cover at fullback) to cover for 4 spots in the defense is a good idea. You're literally two injuries away from starting Monreal and Chambers at centerback.

Also, is ManU being run by a drunk teenager playing FIFA? Hey, we need pretty much an entire new back four and probably two more central midfielders. I know, let's sign di Maria and Falcao! How on earth with Mata, Januzaj, di Maria, RvP, Rooney, and Falcoa play in the same team?
I think Wenger has decided that our youth team players are a better bet than anyone he could have signed on deadline day. Bellerin is definitely good enough to fill in at right back. Wenger loves a bit of a gamble, and I'm sure if things don't go well, we'll get someone in January. But my theory is that Chambers will never see action at RB, rather that he will be the cover at CB, and Bellerin will be promoted if something happens to Debouchy.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Also, is ManU being run by a drunk teenager playing FIFA? Hey, we need pretty much an entire new back four and probably two more central midfielders. I know, let's sign di Maria and Falcao! How on earth with Mata, Januzaj, di Maria, RvP, Rooney, and Falcoa play in the same team?

Van Gaal is a bit like an escaped monkey, that's determined to smear his own poop all over Alec Ferguson's house.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It's not really left or right back that has me worried. Our 4th choice center back is Nacho fucking Monreal. Imagine starting him against City, Liverpool, or Chelsea (or, hell, ManU with a healthy Rooney/RvP/Falcao). It is beyond dumb to let Vermaelen go without getting a replacement.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He did start against City in the shield and beat that Jovetic ass

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It's not really left or right back that has me worried. Our 4th choice center back is Nacho fucking Monreal. Imagine starting him against City, Liverpool, or Chelsea (or, hell, ManU with a healthy Rooney/RvP/Falcao). It is beyond dumb to let Vermaelen go without getting a replacement.
Do a Van Gaal and go 3 at the back?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, but he was at left back then, not center back, right? My confidence in him at left back is pretty low, center back is even lower.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Nah he played CB that entire game :laughing:

I made a comment like "how a team fails to score a goal on a team with Monreal at CB is unknown to me"

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I mean surely it was a complete aberration. He's not even all that great at left back. Can you imagine him doing anything like Alberto Moreno did? The Monreal version of that is a 20 yard run and a complete shank.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
At least Monreal has speed. Wenger's downfall in the past has been panic buying CBs that can't run (which is all I suspect was on the market that didn't mind being on the bench). Maybe he's learned from his mistakes, and feels that speed is more important than height (see Koscielny for eg.).

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
And Monreal hasn't had a shit game yet this year. Last year, if he was starting, he would have already had 5 shit games.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I was actually just about to post that. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. He was depantsed on a regular basis last year.