• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 Premier League

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Fucking hell, Arsenal. Up 2-0 with a minute left and fine. Quick goal and then Palace hit the post right at the end. Jesus christ.

tab10

Arsenal in typical fashion make it more difficult than it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tab10

But 3 points is 3 points. And ManU lost and Chelsea dropped points. Good day for arsenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worst2first

I didn't get to see the Villa match but at least they scored a goal. As sad as it sounds that does represent at least a marginal improvement.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Yaya Toure, 134 touches and made Man City look like title contenders again. Who the fuck was telling me that they aren't dependent on him?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Yaya Toure, 134 touches and made Man City look like title contenders again. Who the fuck was telling me that they aren't dependent on him?

Who cares, the Premier league is ruining football or something. Cheddar beat Hengrove Athletic 4-2 today, and play high-flying Barnstaple Town on Tuesday!

NML

Crazy first four minutes in the Southampton/Pool game. Two penalty shouts for Southampton, but they are down 1-0 due to Coutinho's wonderstrike.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Forster should have saved that goal. It didn't look like his vision was blocked, and Coutinho was at least 30 yards out. Forster is also like 6'7", so you'd think he'd be able to reach that. Great goal, sure, but I'd be pissed if that were against Arsenal.

NML

Not really. He's off his line, correctly, so he doesn't have his normal reach. The ball dips into the top corner, which is, without doubt, the toughest possible shot to save.

Outside of standing directly on the left post, he (or anyone) isn't saving that shot.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'd have to see it again, but it looked like he was caught flat footed. He almost got there anyway, but if he's not flat footed, he almost definitely saves that.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Hard to blame the ref on that one because he's like 20 yards behind the play, but that should have been a red card for Liverpool.

NML

I'd have to see it again, but it looked like he was caught flat footed. He almost got there anyway, but if he's not flat footed, he almost definitely saves that.

I'm not saying he played it perfectly, but no keeper in the world is making that save.

You can't extend up and out - it's one or the other. The most acrobatic saves on when the ball is slightly over the keepers shoulder heading back post, and they tip it wide with the opposite hand. That's not possible here. If that ball is hit at that level directly above his head, it's a save (or should be, still a tough one though). If it's directly inside the post, it can be saved. But because he has to extend up (above his head) and out (in the corner), he can't reach it.

If it was hit with less pace, he can shuffle to his right and then extend up, but it's hit too hard.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Wow, Mignolet is so fucking bad. He has an easy catch and decides to punch instead? Liverpool need a much better goalie than him next year. He's terrible on crosses. He's flapped at, what, 3 so far this game?

NML

Yeah he's a really good shot stopper, but he doesn't handle balls in the air well and he's extremely meh with his feet.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Refs aren't calling penalties against Burnley. Basically saying if you need penalties to beat Burnley, then go home.

Pretty much.

Chelsea should've finished the game off any way, but they certainly got no help.

Matic getting a red gave Burnley the confidence they needed to attack more, and ultimately equalize. And he should know better than to retaliate; no excuse. That being said, Barnes probably should've been sent off much earlier, before even getting a chance to stamp Matic at that point. And there were 2 clear penalties that didn't get awarded.

Thems the breaks sometimes though. Just made the title race more interesting again. And Matic being suspended for the League Cup final is certainly no bueno. Chelsea aren't the same team without him out there.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I feel a little bit sorry for Matic. That was a ridiculous, potentially leg breaking challenge by Barnes, and the ref literally does nothing. I would be just as pissed as Matic was if I got hit with that shit. And if the ref isn't going to protect you there, what are you supposed to do? As much as I enjoy Mourinho's persecution complex, that challenge should have been a red card and a long suspension for Barnes. Instead, it's Matic? Ridiculous.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm with Deadmong on that one. I'm okay with Matic getting a straight Red as well for retaliating, but the other dude should have been sent off too. If someone did that to me, it would be Travis the Chimp face-off action right there on the pitch (@Brick).

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Matic barely retaliated, too. He basically shoved the guy, and the guy fell down because he's a twink. Red card and one game suspension for that would be fine in my book, if it goes along with a red card and 5 game suspension for Barnes. What Barnes did was way more dangerous than what Matic did, and he's getting off scot free.

NML

This game is awesome.

The he speed of play favors City though. Liverpool need to slow the game down a bit. Going to be about 8 yellow cards before this is over, too.

NML

Liverpool really needs to bring on Sturridge or Mario here. Sterling keeps drifting wide and the back line is keeping everything in front of them. Best run for Liverpool this half was by Alberto Moreno.

NML

Liverpool just keeps on rolling. Glad they were able to shake off Thursday.

They've got back to back matches in a few weeks against ManU and Arsenal. I have a hard time imagining this team doesn't make the top 4 though.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Liverpool just keeps on rolling. Glad they were able to shake off Thursday.

They've got back to back matches in a few weeks against ManU and Arsenal. I have a hard time imagining this team doesn't make the top 4 though.

Yeah, I think Liverpool will finish in the top 4. I think they could even challenge Man City for second if their hot streak lasts another month or so. I think that last top 4 spot comes down to Arsenal or ManU at this point. I expect Arsenal to lose to ManU in the FA Cup and have another round of Arsenal in crisis.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
4-4-2 against a 3-man backline is actually braindead, I know better than to do that and my knowledge consists completely of zonal marking articles