• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2013-2014 Club Soccer (UCL & Domestic Leagues) Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
25-02-2014-GifNumber-170.gif

Well, Campbell is an Arsenal loanee.

Chase

Joel Campbell is the only Arsenal player to score against Manchester United this season.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I know this isn't the first occurrence. Visiting fans gets stabbed elsewhere too... like at Napoli, for example.

But the question remains: dafuq is wrong with people? I can't wrap my head around physically assaulting someone because they root for a different team. And in this particular case, it's not even a rival team. It's a team in a different league on the other side of the continent.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I haven't really read anything about this, were these normal fans, or just fuckwits who go to away matches looking for trouble, since it's easier to get into than in the UK?

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Don't know. I didn't see details either. Just read it last night. All the usual suspects -- DailyMail, YahooUK, SkySports, etc. -- were reporting 2 Chelsea fans got stabbed in Istanbul. Not much detail provided.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
FWIW from the Guardian:

Trouble had reportedly flared after a bar being frequented by English fans was targeted by a group of locals in a city that has been on high alert over political and social unrest over recent days. There are demonstrations scheduled for Wednesday in Taksim Square as protests escalate against the current government in Turkey.
That in itself is a concern as Chelsea fans have been instructed to meet in the square before being bussed to the stadium on Wednesday evening. The British Consulate have been contacted by Chelsea officials in Turkey, with the Foreign Office confirming they were "looking into reports" and would be providing consular assistance if required.
Chelsea had offered advice to travelling supporters on their website earlier this week. "While Istanbul is generally a safe city and the police have not given any specific areas to be avoided (other than the Metro to the stadium on match day), supporters should be aware of pickpockets, petty theft and bag snatchers in crowded places," it read. "Care should be taken to keep bags and cameras secure and not to keep on show any other valuables. Supporters are advised to leave their passports in the hotel safe and use another form of photographic ID."
Chelsea anticipate around 1,300 of their fans to attend the fixture at the Turk Telekom Arena on Wednesday evening, with the majority travelling out on the day of the game.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I think he would prefer them not to get hurt by any means. You wouldnt see this shit happen if Dodger fans went to San Francisco.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I think he would prefer them not to get hurt by any means. You wouldnt see this shit happen if Dodger fans went to San Francisco.

SanFran fans are too homo and soft to stab anybody. And Doyer fans are too dumb and broke to find San Francisco.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Chelsea had complete control of the first half in Istanbul. Could've been up 2 or 3 and put it to bed.

Gala deserved the equalizer though. They were the more aggressive team in the 2nd half.

Disappointing considering the way the game started, but I'll certainly take a 1-1 road result.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The most amazing thing from those gifs is Benzema actually trying hard

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Europa Round of 16 set. The Sevillan derby should be intersting, as will Porto vs Napoli.

1393531093_extras_noticia_foton_7_3.jpg

Image is from Marca, which is why the teams are in Spanish (@jdlikewhoa gon look)

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Shockingly, Costa has increased the frequency of his diving as the game has gone on.

For Simeone's side being labeled as a workhorse/physical team, there sure is a lot of flopping.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Game has gotten to the point where the ref isn't even calling anything. To be fair, it's extraordinarily tough to call when everyone falls. This is pretty much the stereotypical La Liga game at it's finest. Pretty funny to watch as a neutral.

El Turco assists Koke to level it up.

Snorky's Shame

Keep in mind head-to-head is the first tie-breaker in La Liga. If Atletico get even a draw, they win that tie-breaker.

That said, I think Atletico needs to win to stay in the race.

Snorky's Shame

Rumor is Carles Puyol will be announcing his retirement today. Not sure if it's immediate (which means he scored in his last game) or at the end of the year.

Sad day at Camp Nou.

Last edited: