• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2013-2014 Club Soccer (UCL & Domestic Leagues) Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Only a couple more weeks until the Round of 16 in the UCL starts. The first set of games looks more enticing, and they'll be played on the 18th and 19th of February.

• Manchester City vs. Barcelona
  • Arsenal vs. Bayern Munich
  • Bayer Leverkusen vs. Paris Saint-Germain
  • AC Milan(aka the Kella gif) vs. Atletico Madrid

And the other set of 4 will begin a week later on the 25th and 26th.

• Olympiacos Piraeus vs. Manchester United
  • Galatasaray SK vs. Chelsea
  • Zenit Saint Petersburg vs. Borussia Dortmund
  • FC Schalke 04 vs. Real Madrid

The first team listed gets the home game first. What're you guys thinking prediction wise? If City don't get Aguero & Dinho back they won't win over two legs, imo. If they do, they've got a fair chance. Drogba returning to Stamford Bridge should be exciting as well. Ultimately, I've got Barca, Munich, PSG, Atletico, Man U, Chelsea, Dortmund, and Real advancing, which admittedly is not very original, haha.

In more domestic news, Real will play Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final, again. Was hoping Atletico would crack through, I really like their team. Not that it won't break up after this year, of course.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Barca
Bayern
PSG
Atletico
United
Chelsea
Dortmund
Madrid

Not original either but this round has drawn itself as a straight chalk draw.

Chase

Manchester City and Zenit can beat Barcelona and Dortmund. Dortmund has been very meh the past few months. AC Milan blows but it would not surprise me if they somehow got past Atletico. Manchester United drew with Arsenal at the Emirates, but they also drew with the worst team in the EPL at home and will probably start Ashley Young in one of the legs.. don't really see that being chalk either.

PSG, Bayern, Madrid should all drop the rape hammer doe.

I will predict..

City
Bayern
PSG
Atletico
United
Zenit
Madrid

Snorky's Shame

Manchester City (with the odd goal from 37)
Bayern
Paris Saint-Germain
Milan (upset pick)
Manchester United
Chelsea
Dortmund
Real Madrid

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
aTzUE8A.gif

Nice one from Balotelli. Seedorf.gif

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
HSV are going to be relegated, there's no escape this year. The went from 1-0 up on the bottom team, Braunschweig, to losing 4-2. Lol.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
HSV and Köln are the two teams in Germany that should be consistent title contenders based on the cities they're in but they always are mediocre.

Snorky's Shame

Are they just parking the bus or what? That seems really odd.

Possession game. They could use an away goal though. I don't see them keeping Manchester City off the board in either leg.

Iniesta has played there a bit but, by his own admission, not his best spot.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Outside of FoxSoccer2go I assume there's no reliable streams for these games that aren't at some bullshit website full of shady advertising?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
So ... let's talk about Bayer. Down 3-0 at half at home. Already out of the competition.

I hope the same thing doesn't happen to Arsenal tomorrow. I doubt it will, but there is a chance...

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
A moment like this was really inevitable with Demichelis. He's virtually a more skilled, Argentinian Titus Bramble. It's just too bad for ManCity that it had to occur in this game.

If they can hold onto a 0-1 defeat, though, they could easily still go through. I could see them winning 2-0 or 2-1 in Barcelona. Another goal for Barcelona would kill the tie for sure, though.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Unlucky that Nastasic was unavailable. City need a real CB or two in the next window for sure. Lescott is on his way out too.

bruin

City hanging in there. Wish Pellegrini would have left on Kolarov instead of Clichy, but whatevs. Get out of here only 1-0

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
What on Earth was he thinking? Obvious red card. He knew it, too, as soon as the ref blew the whistle (although I think he wants Messi to get a card for diving :laughing: )

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
That second goal is obviously killer. Don't think they'll win 2-0 and PKs at the Nou Camp but a fully fit Nasri + Aguero will definitely have an impact. Thought Lescott should've started after his performance v. Chelsea and Demichelis's red card confirmed that for me.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Most Man City fans are Barcelona fans anyways, oh wellz.

Coming from you, this is especially :laughing: ;)

Better luck next year, City. Maybe if you knew how to count properly, you would have been in pot 1 for the draw and avoided Barcelona.

Reactions: NML

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I still don't think we would've gotten the extra goal at Munich anyways. Can't wait until we're good enough to be consistently in Pot 2/1 for the group stage draw so we have a chance to get first in the group from time to time.

chibob

This:

MisguidedElementaryChinesecrocodilelizard.gif

Also, @Kella gon look, but Jovetic should've come on instead of Dzeko. I guess they're going to revert to sprint cross.

Terrible decision making, at least force him to try a shot. From that position, its still going to be hard, even if you are Messi.

chibob

Exactly. My boss at work almost predicited a Demichaels fuck up being the defining factor in a City loss.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It looks like he's still in a decent position to at least force Messi to the outside and try to score a goal at a really tight angle (even though I'd still put money on Messi to score that). Really, though, anything would have been better than what he ended up doing.

Last edited:

Chase

Coming from you, this is especially :laughing: ;)

I don't remember seeing a Manchester City fan on this board pre Arab $$$$. I could care less who anyone in Merica supports in International Footbaw.. the more supporters the better, but I'm assuming most of you Arsenal fans on here don't have a cottage in North London either.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Oh I'll freely admit it. I started following in 08-09 I think, and I got truly enamored in 09-10. They just started buying all of my favorite players like Silva, Kompany and Toure and I loved the underdog story they had going :trollface: with being under Man U's shadow and the long title drought. I also don't really mind Barcelona, but I probably prefer Atletico atm.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
Oh I'll freely admit it. I started following in 08-09 I think, and I got truly enamored in 09-10. They just started buying all of my favorite players like Silva, Kompany and Toure and I loved the underdog story they had going :trollface: with being under Man U's shadow and the long title drought. I also don't really mind Barcelona, but I probably prefer Atletico atm.

I became interested once I learned about Balotelli back in 2010 I think. Realized I could watch this crazy striker on TV and eventually grew to like the rest of the team.