• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2013-2014 Club Soccer (UCL & Domestic Leagues) Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I follow AC Milan now because of him :thumbsup: He's one of my favorite players, just doesn't give a f what any critics say.

I'd honestly say the EPL is the only league where I have one favorite team, I have a bunch in the other leagues. There's still other teams I like in the EPL (Saints, Swans), but I'd still root against them. In Italy I like both Milans and Fiorentina, Don't really have a favorite in Germany, Spain I like Barca and Atletico along with Sevilla and Valencia, Portugal I like Porto and Benfica, etc.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Watch him score a hat trick...

Actually, Bendtner did that against Porto in 2010, I think. I was recording the game while I was in class. A friend was watching the game while in class, and I was bitching about Bendtner starting. He was cracking up because Bendtner was in the process of scoring his hat trick :laughing:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Fox really needs to be stripped of all its rights. I like this scam they have going now where everyone gets a FS2Go free trial and everyone will forget to cancel and they'll charge a ton of money to those people. It's like a Ringtone app

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Tie, blouses.

Oh well. Would have been nice to get the victory, but it's hard to complain when you miss a penalty and get a red card.

Also, Monreal is :turrible:

tab10

This is what Arsenal gets for fucking around against Napoli the game of group stage.

And agree with Deadman, Monreal is just atrocious.

tab10

Think the red card may be the least of his worries.

e376a0d289a21e239baff709e5a7309c.gif

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
You can say this about Monreal, at least he isn't Andre Santos

Pony up. Luke Shaw.

Snorky's Shame

So I see Arsenal fans are starting to turn on Ozil?

Bet if he was British, they wouldn't be saying a thing.

There is at least one club that would love to have him back.

The English just love to overreact to things.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I think he is more noticeable when struggling because he's coming from RM, who in the domestic league played a ton of fucking scrubs and won 5-1 and also had Ronaldo. If you put Ronalso on Arsenal and stick them in Liga BBVA, they'd do the same thing, lol.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
So I see Arsenal fans are starting to turn on Ozil?

Bet if he was British, they wouldn't be saying a thing.

There is at least one club that would love to have him back.

The English just love to overreact to things.

I don't think there are many smart Arsenal fans turning on him. Yes, he's not a good defender, but that's not his game at all. He's not a good option to defend when you're down to 10 men. Again, you don't buy and play Ozil to spearhead your defense from the front. But he does actually give effort:

yagNFqd.jpg

He is tired, definitely. But anybody would be after playing 4 games in 11 days like he did.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
Doesn't appear to be Vermeer in goal. Is he injured, being given a rest or no longer starts for Ajax?

Snorky's Shame

2014 International Champions Cup Schedule:

Group A:
-Saturday, July 26: Real Madrid v. Internazionale (3 p.m. MST, Fox Sports 2) - University of Phoenix Stadium, Phoenix, Arizona
-Saturday, July 26: Manchester United v. Roma (2 p.m. MST, FOX) – Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, Colorado
-Tuesday, July 29: Manchester United v. Internazionale (7 p.m. EST, Fox Sports 1) - FedEx Field, Washington D.C.
-Tuesday, July 29: Real Madrid v. Roma (8:15 p.m. CST, Fox Sports 1) - Cotton Bowl, Dallas, Texas
-Saturday, August 2: Internazionale v. Roma (1 p.m. EST, Fox Sports 2) – Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
-Saturday, August 2: Real Madrid v. Manchester United - TBD
Group B:
-Thursday, July 24: Olympiacos v. Milan (8 p.m. EST, Fox Sports 1) – TBD
-Sunday, July 27: Milan v. Manchester City (4 p.m. EST, Fox Sports 1) - Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
-Sunday, July 27: Liverpool v. Olympiacos (5 p.m. CST, Fox Sports 1) - Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
-Wednesday, July 30: Manchester City v. Liverpool (7 p.m. EST, Fox Sports 1) - Yankee Stadium, New York, New York
-Saturday, August 2: Olympiacos v. Manchester City (2 p.m. CST, Fox Sports 2) – TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota
-Saturday, August 2: Milan v. Liverpool (6:30 p.m. EST, Fox Sports 2) - Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina
Finals:
-Winner Group A v. Winner Group B (8PM ET, Fox Sports 1) - Sun Life Stadium, Miami, Florida

Going to the game in Chicago. I got a pre-sale code for the game as well. PM me if interested.

Tickets are expensive as hell though, close to $90 to sit behind the Liverpool supporters. Still, Chicago-Tottenham at Toyota Park on Saturday and Liverpool-Olympiakos on Sunday is a great weekend.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
I'm curious what will happen with the World Cup players for this tournament. I know it's afterwards but I have to wonder if they'll be willing to participate in a friendlies just a couple weeks afterwards.

Chase

I'm curious what will happen with the World Cup players for this tournament. I know it's afterwards but I have to wonder if they'll be willing to participate in a friendlies just a couple weeks afterwards.

It'll be quite a bit of scrubs playing. I'm getting tickets to United/Inter in DC on Saturday. Can't wait to see Tom Cleverly in person. The last international friendly I saw was Real Madrid/Celtic in Philly 2 years ago. Great stuff. Inter/Roma isn't worth the drive to Philly.

Snorky's Shame

For England, Greece and Italy it won't be a couple of weeks afterwards. More like a month.

DanishDonut0

I don't remember seeing a Manchester City fan on this board pre Arab $$$$. I could care less who anyone in Merica supports in International Footbaw.. the more supporters the better, but I'm assuming most of you Arsenal fans on here don't have a cottage in North London either.

Me...

Good to know you have cottages in Pittsburgh, LA, CT... wait what other popular teams do you like? :trollface:

Chase

Shell of his former self? No. He's been the only good thing about United this year. And 300K a week isn't surprising when Manchester United won't be in the Champion's League next year, so he has the leverage. The wage bill will be cut without Ferdinand/Vidic and when other fat is trimmed from the squad.

Snorky's Shame

Watching this Real Sociedad destruction of Barcelona just makes me wonder how the hell they couldn't make it out of their group in the UCL.

Barcelona really needs to improve their 22 this summer. Their first 11 is better than Real Madrid's, their 22 is not however (Bartra, ugh). Hummels (Dortmund) and Balanta (River Plate) would be a good start.

EDIT: Thank god Carlos Vela is still pissed at the FMF.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm wondering that too. Wonder where Greizmann ends up this summer, should have a long list of suitors.

Snorky's Shame

Heard Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain. Lol at Arsenal's bid though, 15 million euro.

The pass on the third goal was class.

NML

Away teams about to be 5 for 5 on getting the win. Sets up for boring return legs.