• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

124th Annual Winter Meetings in LAS VEGAS, NEVADA!!

Realignment

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm in favor of going back to the original Lamb or a format where the two WCs play a one-game playoff. We are down to 16 teams now.

I liked when being the 1 seed was a huge advantage vs. being the 2. Just makes the regular season mean more and adds more interest to the end of the year.

4 teams would be lame. Half the teams in the league make the playoffs and very little difference between 1 and 4. I'm fine if it's a WCvWC format though in the first round then winner plays 2 then winner plays 1.

Wolfman21

Fuck sake.

Just line up in front of me and take your ass whoopins like men. I dont care who is in MY division. I WANT EM DEAD!

NML

I'm in favor of going back to the original Lamb or a format where the two WCs play a one-game playoff. We are down to 16 teams now.

I liked when being the 1 seed was a huge advantage vs. being the 2. Just makes the regular season mean more and adds more interest to the end of the year.

4 teams would be lame. Half the teams in the league make the playoffs and very little difference between 1 and 4. I'm fine if it's a WCvWC format though in the first round then winner plays 2 then winner plays 1.

If you lower the teams in the playoff, you have to drastically increase revenue sharing

doh

If you lower the teams in the playoff, you have to drastically increase revenue sharing

giphy.gif

doh

In the system I propose, the top teams play potentially way less playoff games than the current system.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I don't think we could do it MLS style like that. The 1 seed would be waiting two weeks for their first game, hardly an advantage

We could always do it 7h 0a again for the 1-4 and 2-3 matchup? I don't think it's even necessary. If you can't beat the 4th best team in your league you don't deserve to make it to the LCS.

doh

Of course it's an advantage. You get to be in the LCS and face teams that don't have their rotation set. I don't think the game takes lay offs into account.

doh

I'd have to see evidence that it does. I've rested teams into the playoffs where no starters play for 2 weeks vs. play them through and never noticed a difference.

NML

We’ve went over this a bunch. You get a massive financial advantage to getting first place (and winning a bunch of games). Ur budget is double mine and I made the World Series last year!

You’ll also lose owner interest if you cut out playoff teams.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The playoff debate is also secondary to realignment, since no matter what we will have 16 teams in the league

doh

We’ve went over this a bunch. You get a massive financial advantage to getting first place (and winning a bunch of games). Ur budget is double mine and I made the World Series last year!

You’ll also lose owner interest if you cut out playoff teams.
You haven't finished better than 3rd and are complaining team who has won their division 7 of the last 9 years has a much better budget? lulz

Lowering the amount of playoff games for the 1 seed would lower their revenue.

You'll still have 8 total playoff teams. It'll just be an incremental advantage for finishing better in the regular season.

NML

You haven't finished better than 3rd and are complaining team who has won their division 7 of the last 9 years has a much better budget? lulz

Lowering the amount of playoff games for the 1 seed would lower their revenue.

You'll still have 8 total playoff teams. It'll just be an incremental advantage for finishing better in the regular season.

I’m not complaining, but you say that there’s no advantage to finishing first. There is

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Right. Lets see how this plays out and we can always change the playoff format if needed in a season or two.

doh

Yeah but the other aspect of the last month of the regular season is normally quite boring. If you put huge advantages to finishing 1st vs. 2nd vs. 3rd/4th, you increase interest. For lots of playoff teams, the month of September is a bore.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah but the other aspect of the last month of the regular season is normally quite boring. If you put huge advantages to finishing 1st vs. 2nd vs. 3rd/4th, you increase interest. For lots of playoff teams, the month of September is a bore.
:laughing: wat

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
AVAILABLE RIGGERS:

A nice starting pitcher named COOMBES, still on 490k
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_9869.html

A good 70 SS with an all 50s bat that never hits because my park kills righties! only 790k!
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_6450.html

A versatile starter caliber 2B/3B on 2.6M/year through 2072. Plus the name BUTRUS BUTRUS NURI is great!
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_6180.html

Also anyone else you might like is available as well! I just wanted to lank lanks on the 3 that might actually have some value!

doh

Just look at last year. If it's me vs. Amsterdam for the 2 spot, the last sim is so much more interesting. The way the playoffs are currently constructed, who cares about the 2 seed vs. 3 seed?

NML

Just look at last year. If it's me vs. Amsterdam for the 2 spot, the last sim is so much more interesting. The way the playoffs are currently constructed, who cares about the 2 seed vs. 3 seed?

Maybe you should have and you would’ve advanced?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Just look at last year, there was a ton of moving parts in September. You are blind, brah.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
AVAILABLE RIGGERS:

A nice starting pitcher named COOMBES, still on 490k
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_9869.html

A good 70 SS with an all 50s bat that never hits because my park kills righties! only 790k!
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_6450.html

A versatile starter caliber 2B/3B on 2.6M/year through 2072. Plus the name BUTRUS BUTRUS NURI is great!
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_6180.html

Also anyone else you might like is available as well! I just wanted to lank lanks on the 3 that might actually have some value!
Don't forget Butrusts was silver wizard this year at 3b!

jdlikewhoa

Favelorda is a no go. Even for my PTP Tony.

Someone fleece me. Wife is at bible study and the dog and I are just laying here playing FUT, watching the Chokie legend in the battle of the Empire State and sipping ‘shine. WHAT A WORLD