• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

124th Annual Winter Meetings in LAS VEGAS, NEVADA!!

Realignment

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
How is A even remotely balanced? We dump doh and get three often very good teams in UK, ND, and False Bay? Ligue du Carrier will be a bloodbath. Kasib League is Dohtie & the Blowfish
Honestly I just tried to even it out talent wise and have a Commish in each league. Moscow and Dam are probably the two most talented for the near future, so I split them up. Then I tried to split it based on tiers after that. I could be wrong on my estimations, but

Dam/Mos
Lis/Kab
Borg/Vegas
FB/Buff
Seoul/Cairo
UK/Miami
ND/IST
Dub/LR

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this.
This was my explanation. I think it's fair mostly. Istanbul is really the only team that i'm worried about. With you and Schauwn controlling the two "worst" teams, the leagues are in good shape. Both of you have built ship winning teams from basically nothing.

Last edited:

NML

VOTE COUNT 1.1:
A: 3 (Orlando, JD, Kings)
B: 2 (Karl, Schauwn)
C: 3 (Radpants, Soonerfan, Tony)
D: 0

Not Voting: NML, Yankee, Wolfman, Travis, OU, ebarws, doh, fignuts

Yankee has voted for all four options at one point

NML

Let's eliminate D since it has little to no support.

I tend to lean A or B since it'd be nice to change things up. But I'll listen off air before I cast my vote

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
This was my explanation. I think it's fair mostly. Istanbul is really the only team that i'm worried about. With you and Schauwn controlling the two "worst" teams, the leagues are in good shape. Both of you have built ship winning teams from basically nothing.

UK just went to the ship

NML

And it was totally legitimate and definitely because I'm the second best team in the WBL

NML

#gimmickpitchingstaff

I dunno, @NML do you think I am that far off? You were under .500, but its tough to nail down the SL.

I don't think there's a lot separating myself and Lisbon/Seoul, nor do I know enough about them to say more than that. I think I was better than a .500 team, but not by much.

Pretty tough to be on the same tier as Istanbul which won 61 games though :laughing:

edit: nvm I'm above them!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
To me with future talent stockpiles and GM skill taken into account it goes something like this which is pretty close to Orlando's estimate

Moscow
Amsterdam
Kabul
Helsingborg
Las Vegas
False Bay
Cairo
Seoul
United Kingdom
Buffalo
Dublin
Lisbon
North Dakota
Little Rock
Miami
Istanbul

Last edited:

NML

Yankee putting Lisbon, Miami, and North Dakota in the "Shot Into the Sun" division

edit: fuuuuuu ur edit

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Kasib
Moscow
Kabul
Vegas
False Bay
Buffalo
Lisbon
North Dakota
Miami

Carrier
Amsterdam
Helsingborg
Cairo
Seoul
United Kingdom
Dublin
Little Rock
Istanbul

Thoughts?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
To me with future talent stockpiles and GM skill taken into account it goes something like this which is pretty close to Orlando's estimate

Moscow
Amsterdam
Kabul
Helsingborg
Las Vegas
False Bay
Cairo
Seoul
United Kingdom
Buffalo
Dublin
Lisbon
North Dakota
Little Rock
Miami
Istanbul
:laughing: this seems nowhere near the same as mine

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't think there's a lot separating myself and Lisbon/Seoul, nor do I know enough about them to say more than that. I think I was better than a .500 team, but not by much.

Pretty tough to be on the same tier as Istanbul which won 61 games though :laughing:

edit: nvm I'm above them!
I'm a lot higher on Lisbon than others I suppose, but I think they are very good. It gets murky in the middle. IST has a couple really good players, but they are bad.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I basically lost all methodology after the top 2 teams so there's that. Think I was going for 5 year outlook, but I should've put Buffalo last if that's the case

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I literally only care about the name otherwise A is fine, but I am rioting about the name

Oh look here I go again after saying I'd stop

jdlikewhoa

Im partial to A because I’ve never been in the same league with Dam or Borg, so it’s something different.

I also think the caveat with Carrier vs Kasib is that all elite pitching goes to Kasib League teams and all elite hitting goes to Carrier League teams

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Moscow
Amsterdam
Kabul
Helsingborg
Las Vegas
False Bay
United Kingdom
Seoul
North Dakota
Dublin
Lisbon
Miami
Cairo
Little Rock
Buffalo
Istanbul

Ok after taking in your criticisms here are my final 5 Year Franchise rankings

And here it is as a tiered list which makes no goddamn sense whatsoever

Tier S: Moscow, Amsterdam, Kabul
Tier A+: Helsingborg, Vegas, False Bay
Tier A: United Kingdom, Seoul
Tier B: North Dakota, Dublin, Lisbon, Miami
Tier C: Cairo
Tier D: Little Rock, Buffalo
Tier E: Istanbul

Using the tiered list you can make clean divides based on the even numbers available. Here is one possible configuration:

A:
Moscow
Kabul
False Bay
Seoul
North Dakota
Lisbon
Little Rock
Buffalo

B:
Amsterdam
Helsingborg
Vegas
United Kingdom
Dublin
Miami
Cairo
Istanbul

This is my final treatise on the subject

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
This just needs to get figured out today and if we keep adding options its going to be impossible.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I win the division 7 of 8 years and now I'm not even top tier :laughing:

I vote C and name changed to Carrier and Kasib. I've talked shit about JV for years... let me at 'em.

Also if you switch up the divisions a ton the Carrier and Kasib names don't mean much vs. if you keep it mostly the same teams.

doh

This just needs to get figured out today and if we keep adding options its going to be impossible.
Can we just do an official poll with options that'll be closed by sim tonight? So snowflakes like Tankee can't pick every option.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

I vote C and name changed to Carrier and Kasib. I've talked shit about JV for years... let me at 'em.

Also if you switch up the divisions a ton the Carrier and Kasib names don't mean much vs. if you keep it mostly the same teams.
Didn't you say your team was headed to the glue factory? I took that into account

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Here is my last twist feel free to pick different league or division names.
League 1
Carrier Division

Dublin Distillers
Amsterdam Tulips
United Kingdom Kings
Seoul Glow

Kasib Division
Helsingborg Hammers
Lisbon Conquistadors
False Bay Flying Whites
North Dakota Riggers

League 2
Morrison Division

Buffalo Murricans
Moscow Mules
Kabul Bulls
Istanbul Ottomans

Walker Division
Little Rock Miners
Cairo Tutankhamuns
Las Vegas Pac Men
Miami Manatees

doh

Didn't you say your team was headed to the glue factory? I took that into account
Half joking re: not in top tier.

Yeah the core of my team is definitely on the downturn especially Lexington Steele, Kang and Mordisini which was my strength... But I have $50m in space so I could try to flip over the roster. And the Galvan era has just begun.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

You didnt win the division this year and you just started talking about your team getting old and trending down. Fuckin A man :laughing:

I do think you should be above me.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Kiene would work for the Morrison division in Option E (Moscow and Buffalo), but keeping UBL names is probably better since there's not really a clear guy there. But count me down for E

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Kiene would work for the Morrison division in Option E (Moscow and Buffalo), but keeping UBL names is probably better since there's not really a clear guy there. But count me down for E
Boys? He aint on their level. Naka and Haamid are the only others who are close IMO.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Kiene?

lol-duck.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Just another step on my journey to put my foot completely inside my mouth today

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NML

Is A the same as before but four divisions?

How are we doing playoffs for that? Same as now (aka it only affects scheduling)?