• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season: Championship Saturday Thread - Don’t Look Back In Anger

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Lol SC. CALEB about to be the least deserving Heisman winner in recent memory cause GOTTA HAVE MA BLUE BLOOD HEISMAN QB

TCU gonna lose tomorrow. UGA, Michigan, OSU, Bama playoff incoming

Meh - there have been many underwhelming Heisman winners. Gino Toretta? He wasn't even the best player on his own team.

But SC's success this year is almost entirely due to Caleb Williams. If he stays at OU, and SC is playing with any of Slovis, Dart, or even Miller Moss, they're a 9-win team, at best, especially with that porous defense.

Plus - you just mad he pooped on ur bruins.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Meh - there have been many underwhelming Heisman winners. Gino Toretta? He wasn't even the best player on his own team.

But SC's success this year is almost entirely due to Caleb Williams. If he stays at OU, and SC is playing with any of Slovis, Dart, or even Miller Moss, they're a 9-win team, at best, especially with that porous defense.

Plus - you just mad he pooped on ur bruins.

I said recent memory, who the fuck remembers Gino Toretta unless you're decrepit?

Lol give me a break with this woe is me, SC QB is CARRYING THE TEAM narrative. SC played the transfer portal like they were an NFL team and brought in the best WR in the country alongside another WR from OU. Not to mention all the blue chip guys that SC always has. He also plays for a corch/system that shits out Heisman winners, but this whole SYSTEM QB narrative immediately goes away for the blue blood QBs. And he got destroyed by a bunch of three stars at Utah lol. The only reason he's winning is because the Heisman voters are pretty much the definition of "prisoners of the moment" and impressive guys at non-blue blood or similar schools in stature are pretty much no longer allowed to win the Heisman.

Yeah, I"m mad that he pooped on the team that I said sucked and is a fraud all year by a whole 3 points. SC is 2 points better than South Alabama!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I said recent memory, who the fuck remembers Gino Toretta unless you're decrepit?

Mike-Leach-Paul-Petrino-handshake.gif

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT

Lol give me a break with this woe is me, SC QB is CARRYING THE TEAM narrative. SC played the transfer portal like they were an NFL team and brought in the best WR in the country alongside another WR from OU. Not to mention all the blue chip guys that SC always has. He also plays for a corch/system that shits out Heisman winners, but this whole SYSTEM QB narrative immediately goes away for the blue blood QBs. And he got destroyed by a bunch of three stars at Utah lol. The only reason he's winning is because the Heisman voters are pretty much the definition of "prisoners of the moment" and impressive guys at non-blue blood or similar schools in stature are pretty much no longer allowed to win the Heisman.

Yeah, I"m mad that he pooped on the team that I said sucked and is a fraud all year by a whole 3 points. SC is 2 points better than South Alabama!

Lol @ who the fuck remembers Gino Toretta - lotsa OLDS who are also HEISMAN VOTERS.

And Williams IS (or rather - was) carrying the team. I've felt all year that the SC team was very fragile, and its success based almost entirely on two players - Williams and Dye. When Dye went down against Lolorado, I thought we would lose to Juicy and Irishman, especially since none of the other backs did much during the season. Austin Jones turned out two terrific performances.

As far as my thoughts on the season - I think I am one of the most pessimistic Trojan fans around (byproduct of my early Fandom being dominated by the Bruins and Irish- and everybody else that mattered) and so I thought the team would certainly be better with Riley at the helm, but to the tune of 8-4, losing to Utah, UCLA, and probably ND, along with one stinker the team almost always lays (could've been Oregon State or Arizona this year). I didn't imagine that they would come that close to the CFP, and that Williams would even be in the convo for the Heisman.

Dammit - now I care again, instead of being comfortably jaded like I was during the Clay Helton era.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
CURRENT 3 SCREEN STATUS:

ESPN+ BOXING with TYSON FURY match upcoming
FOX FIFA world CUP KNOCKDOWN match with Lionlel "LIttle Train" Messy
ABC TCU HOPES n DREAMS slippingAWAY