• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season: Championship Saturday Thread - Don’t Look Back In Anger

bruin

Slip inside the eye of your mind
Don't you know you might find
A better place to play
You said that you'd never been
But all the things that you've seen
Slowly fade away

It’s Championship weekend. The end is here. Let’s go out with a bang with the boys from Manchester. College Gameday is heading to Arlington for the Big 12 title game between TCU and Kansas State. The coaching carousel is now in full swing and we have the World Cup Group stages coming to an end. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving weekend. December is upon us. Keep on rocking in the free world.

Notable matchups:
#4 USC vs #14 Utah , 5:00 PT - Fox (Friday) (Las Vegas)
# 3 TCU vs # 12 Kansas State, 9:00 AM PT - ABC (Arlington)
Toledo vs Ohio, 9:00 AM PT - ESPN (Detroit)
# 1 Georgia vs #11 LSU, 1:00 PT - CBS (Atlanta)
# 2 Michigan vs Purdue, 5:00 PT - FOX (Indianapolis)

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
rLOR4rm.gif

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Yeah man, I have nothing to support this at all, but I have been dreaming of seeing Achane in orange. That guy is so good.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I don't really care. TN got stomped recently and lost their QB. They probably barely top 15 at this point. TN should get the Sugar over Bammer, though, but that won't happen because we all know why.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They earned shit this year and TN should be the top non playoff bowl team from the SEC. Not sure who the matchups would even be, but Sugar will be 1 and Orange will be 2.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations

He means SEC. What SEC school is even in a vastly conservative town? MSU? A2M? Hard to consider College Station an actual town, though. Even the ones that are are probably 51/49 type places (Fayetteville, Columbia, etc.)

Also, most of those SEC teams have terrible defenses now. Tennessee gave up 9 touchdowns recently.

CJ_24

This idea would be dumb. The whole reason last week's game mattered was because of the stakes. If they were going to play again this week, last week means very little. And if by some stupid chance they split those two games and played again three games in a row in a playoff game, well then we might as well just expand the season so it more accurately reflects baseball

Lightningwar

Administrator

This idea would be dumb. The whole reason last week's game mattered was because of the stakes. If they were going to play again this week, last week means very little. And if by some stupid chance they split those two games and played again three games in a row in a playoff game, well then we might as well just expand the season so it more accurately reflects baseball

With conferences growing past 9 or 10 teams and the introduction of division champions. There is going to be an imperfect way to select a conference champion as not every member plays each other. Is sending Purdon't to Indianapolis really putting the best teams in the conference to play each other for the title? The best I can see they are 4th best in the conference by record. The ACC is dropping divisions all together next year and each team has 3 permanent "rivalry" games. FSU rivalries are Clemson, Miami, and Syracuse. Then the rest of the conference rotates. Should be interesting to see if it improves the conference championship game. My opinion is in conferences with obvious divisional weakness like the ACC and the B1G it will produce a better conference championship game. In most years a team from Coastal goes to get beat by Clemson or FSU.

CJ_24

With conferences growing past 9 or 10 teams and the introduction of division champions. There is going to be an imperfect way to select a conference champion as not every member plays each other. Is sending Purdon't to Indianapolis really putting the best teams in the conference to play each other for the title? The best I can see they are 4th best in the conference by record. The ACC is dropping divisions all together next year and each team has 3 permanent "rivalry" games. FSU rivalries are Clemson, Miami, and Syracuse. Then the rest of the conference rotates. Should be interesting to see if it improves the conference championship game. My opinion is in conferences with obvious divisional weakness like the ACC and the B1G it will produce a better conference championship game. In most years a team from Coastal goes to get beat by Clemson or FSU.
To me, the answer is to stop bloating the conferences, to me.
Want to expand the conferences to include Rutgers and Maryland, or Syracuse and Pitt with the end result being that a 7 win Purdont team makes the title game over a 10 win osu. Then GOOD. They made their stupid bed. They should fucking sleep in it

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Want to expand the conferences to include Rutgers and Maryland, or Syracuse and Pitt with the end result being that a 7 win Purdont team makes the title game over a 10 win osu. Then GOOD. They made their stupid bed. They should fucking sleep in it

You wanted B1G. You got B1G!

CJ_24

I'll always return to mah original position that college sports are regional and only reely matter regionally.

Doesn't matter what labels you give them, more fans will give a shit about Wisconsin playing Iowa and Minnesota, or Michigan and Sparty than they ever will about playing Maryland or Rutgers. Does Florida State give a shit about playing Syracuse or Pitt? Will they ever? I'd think playing the Carolina schools are better draws because of their history.

If the conferences want to cannibalize the sport and ruin it in the process, then they can live with the stupid results of their decisions.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I'll always return to mah original position that college sports are regional and only reely matter regionally.

Doesn't matter what labels you give them, more fans will give a shit about Wisconsin playing Iowa and Minnesota, or Michigan and Sparty than they ever will about playing Maryland or Rutgers. Does Florida State give a shit about playing Syracuse or Pitt? Will they ever? I'd think playing the Carolina schools are better draws because of their history.

If the conferences want to cannibalize the sport and ruin it in the process, then they can live with the stupid results of their decisions.
cj we knew ur opinion. this post was not needed.