• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah, I've never seen a miscommunication like that be ruled an error. Pitcher always gets unfairly boned in those situations.
There's been discussions I believe to add in a "team error" to scoring in a situation like that. I don't know if it'll ever be added considering the scoring of a baseball game has been virtually unchanged in years and years but I'd like to see it.

Lloyd Carr

Solarte continues to impress me. I wonder what the Yankees will do with him next year once A-Rod comes back. I could see them moving him over to SS to replace Jeter, and then work a situation with him and Anna. I would imagine they'd still utilize him as a utility player to keep him available at 3B to give A-Rod days off. Unless they bring up another SS or sign an everyday player to replace Jeter, it might be a rotational situation for that infield.

Yankees need to do some work on that rotation and bullpen, doe. The bullpen has been bad all year; they just got themselves out situations at the beginning of the year that they haven't been able to escape as the season has progressed.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
We'll see if he can keep it up over a full season. But he's been an awesome moneyball signing as a minor league deal guy. Definitely need more pitching. There's nothing in the system at all, either. Clarkin, DePaula, Hensley, Severino are all too far and also have been injury or shitty. Banuelos is coming off of TJS.

Gooksta

always fun to watch the cubs just destroy the cardinals. Cubs suck, but seeing them bust out for 17 runs on the cards puts a smile on my face.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
10257040_10152423784040489_5883339768064484614_n.jpg

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Didn't notice any cool design features, isn't this the same design company that did the Marlins new park?

5 decks for 40,000 fans? The upper deck is going to be a long way from home plate.

Gooksta

can't post Cuz at work. but search josh reddicks walk up song. lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

doh

Thoughts on Barves Stadium:

1. Turner Field blows ass to get in and out of. I went last year for a day game with a good sized crowd and it took about 30 minutes to get from the parking lot we were into the freeway which was about a half mile away. It also doesn't have great sitelines and it feels cookie cutter in a not good area.

2. How often does the whole "development tied to the project around the stadium" actually happen?

3. Why the hell would you have a fifth deck when most people in MLB right now are eliminating parts of upper decks for party decks or similar things like they did at Coors Field this off-season? I'm sure they'll change that.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
In the same vein, you just can't be the atmosphere for minor league ballparks. I've been to a handful, and being closer to the field makes a significant difference in fan engagement.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It happened in Denver. The area where the baseball stadium is used to be one of the worst parts (if not the worst part) of town, and now it's one of the better places.

doh

I'm talking about when the team/city itself builds the area around the stadium. It's pretty common to build a stadium in a shitty part of town and for it to turn nice. It's what happened at AT&T Park too.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I'm talking about when the team/city itself builds the area around the stadium. It's pretty common to build a stadium in a shitty part of town and for it to turn nice. It's what happened at AT&T Park too.

That's San Francisco as a whole, too.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Thoughts on Barves Stadium:

1. Turner Field blows ass to get in and out of. I went last year for a day game with a good sized crowd and it took about 30 minutes to get from the parking lot we were into the freeway which was about a half mile away. It also doesn't have great sitelines and it feels cookie cutter in a not good area.

I am not sure moving 15 miles north along I-75 is going to solve that problem.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator

It happened with Wrigley, at the turn of the century Chicago was a pretty rough place. Immigrants and shantytowns had swelled the population to over 2.5 million after WW1. 100 years later Wrigleyville is one of the nicest parts of the city for entertainment.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
To be fair, Denver did the right thing and put the stadium basically in downtown. That definitely is better for growth around the ballpark than putting it in some suburb somewhere. The newest stadium in Denver was put out in the suburbs, and there's been no development at all around the stadium. This is despite the stadium having a bunch of soccer fields around it, where there are games probably 7 days a week. Not even a fast food place has opened up out there.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
To be fair, Denver did the right thing and put the stadium basically in downtown. That definitely is better for growth around the ballpark than putting it in some suburb somewhere. The newest stadium in Denver was put out in the suburbs, and there's been no development at all around the stadium. This is despite the stadium having a bunch of soccer fields around it, where there are games probably 7 days a week. Not even a fast food place has opened up out there.
Perhaps they can open up a fruit stand at halftime?

Gooksta

HEY DUMBASS CUB FANS! WE ARE A 90+ LOSS TEAM WITH JEFF SAMARDZIJA! WE ARENT PAYING HIM 100+ MILLION AND STILL BE A 90+ LOSS TEAM.

TRADING HIM FOR LONG TERM ASSETS IS THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION.

rant over