• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

Gooksta

I think with the cubs impressive victory tonight.. they have to be world series favorites! amirite?

Renegade

Charge on!
Marlins tear into the braves "greatest pitching staff ever" two games in a row. does the heart good.

I don't think anyone has called it the "greatest pitching staff ever." Wood just wasn't locating, but Harang was due for a regression. There's no way he suddenly was the best pitcher in the league over an entire season.

Gatorfan4life

UCF Alumni
I don't think anyone has called it the "greatest pitching staff ever." Wood just wasn't locating, but Harang was due for a regression. There's no way he suddenly was the best pitcher in the league over an entire season.

Yeah, it was just a couple braves fans i knew that were talking about how awesome their pitching was to me all the time. The marlins have been a great home team so far this year, it really wasnt a surprise for me that we got some success off the braves staff, though i was not expecting it to such a great extent.

Renegade

Charge on!
Braves give Chris Johnson a 3-year extension :turrible:

He's not the long-term answer at 3B, but this just buys out his remaining arb years plus a year of FA. No heir apparent on the horizon, so might as well lock in the projectability on the salary.

Marlins sweep the Braves! first time since '09. maybe that's why it feels so good.

Braves aren't nearly as good as their record. Once the Nats get rolling, I doubt we win the division unless someone besides Freeman and Simmons learns how to make contact.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Marlins sweep the Braves! first time since '09. maybe that's why it feels so good.

Miami just swept a three-game home series against Atlanta and afterward several Braves players and manager Fredi Gonzalez all but accused the Marlins of stealing signs.
Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal Constitutionreports that Gonzalez changed the team’s signs five times during Wednesday’s game alone and “the Braves went so far as to look at the sculpture in left center field, wondering if there was somebody hiding in there with a camera.”
Someone hiding in the Home Run Sculpture and relaying opposing team’s signs to the Marlins would be a spectacular story, but ultimately the Braves found nothing out of the ordinary in any of their searches. They did, however, continue to cite the Marlins’ extreme home/road splits when discussing the issue with the media.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Cups.gif.opt_medium.gif

Gatorfan4life

UCF Alumni
that sign stealing thing is a ridiculous story. Apparently the braves changed their signs 5 times and we were still hitting them. Plus i dont think anyone needs to steal signs to hit Harang. just an excuse for the braves. Although in all honesty its kind of overspun. fredi was laughing about it when he told the media about it.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Right now, KC sucks a mean cock and balls. But did find an awesome ticket broker, pretty good seats on lower level for cheap and wife's parking pass at work doubles as reserved parking pass.

Lloyd Carr

Phelps has been playing well tonight. Lesson learned: dont try to steal 2nd when Phelps is pitching. He will throw the ball at you when you slide back to first.

Lloyd Carr

Yankees find a new way to lose every night. 5 straight walks, and three runners walked in. All with 2 outs.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Royals blow three leads in San Diego. Right now we are not a good beisbol team. Ned Yost should be fired in May, May 2013 was atrocious, and so far, this May is shaping up like last. Better figure out something and fast, or we will see the cellar before too long. Damn bullpen is taxed to no end thanks to Detroit ripping our shit over the weekend.
We realistically could have one of those epic losing streaks. Wouldn't be surprised if we tanked all seven games on this road trip.

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
Lineup shuffle was interesting. I still think Simmons should be hitting higher, ahead of BJ and Chris Johnson. I doubt we'll see the pitcher hitting 8th too often, so I think I'd go:

2B Ramiro Pena
RF Jason Heyward
LF Justin Upton
1B Freddie Freeman
C Evan Gattis
SS Andrelton Simmons
CF BJ Upton
3B Chris Johnson
P

I'd also start sitting Heyward in favor of Ryan Doumit on occasion, as well as BJ for Jordan Schafer 2-3 times a week.

Renegade

Charge on!
I would not mind seeing the Braves promote Tommy LaStella to play 2B or give Pastornicky a chance everyday. The Uggla Era should be over.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
He also is sporting a 1.773 OPS at home vs a .895 on the road. Ah the offensive friendly field of Denver.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
He also is sporting a 1.773 OPS at home vs a .895 on the road. Ah the offensive friendly field of Denver.

OPS+ of 232, which is park adjusted. Next closest is 188. Over an entire year, baseball reference would have that as a top 10 offensive season of all time.

Of course it won't last, but it's a marvel what he's doing now. Coors Field or not.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
OPS+ of 232, which is park adjusted. Next closest is 188. Over an entire year, baseball reference would have that as a top 10 offensive season of all time.

Of course it won't last, but it's a marvel what he's doing now. Coors Field or not.

It could last because he about as fragile as you and his season could end tomorrow.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Dear Tommy Lasorda,

Asking for Ms. Stiviano to be hit with a car? How about you die of a heart attack first?
The little birdie's tellin' me an apology is due.

Signed,

The Hachiko

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Worse than O.Co?
Close. O.Co at least is outside and the weather there is usually good. You can get there via BART so you don't have to drive and if you do the tailgaiting is good. But you are so far away from the action it's brtual. The video boards are from the early 90s.

And the place might be spewing of shit.