• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

Gooksta

Comparing the two and how they age is beyond dumb. One is fat as shit. One is in great shape. One was a great athlete the other wasn't. One thew 190+ innings six times and 253 IP the year before he signed the deal. The other has one year with about 190 and never more than 213.

Obviously signing a pitcher to a 8+ year deal is stupid too. Theo won't do that.
well samardzija isnt getting re-signed and part of it is I dont think he wants to stay in chicago anyways.. so it works out for the best for both sides.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
well samardzija isnt getting re-signed and part of it is I dont think he wants to stay in chicago anyways.. so it works out for the best for both sides.
Yes that could. Just remember Mike Olt was the top 3B prospect in baseball, top 25 consensus prospect when they got him and he's been horrendous since he's gone to the Cubs organization.

Gooksta

Yes that could. Just remember Mike Olt was the top 3B prospect in baseball, top 25 consensus prospect when they got him and he's been horrendous since he's gone to the Cubs organization.
yes.. and he wasnt the only part of that deal - nor even the best part of it.

doh

tied for third..
No he's not either. Belt, Morse, Giancarlo, Tulo, A Gone, Gomez, J Upton, Blackmon all have more.

I really can't believe I'm still arguing with someone who thinks having the 8th most HRs in the NL means you're in third.

Gooksta

No he's not either. Belt, Morse, Giancarlo, Tulo, A Gone, Gomez, J Upton, Blackmon all have more.

I really can't believe I'm still arguing with someone who thinks having the 8th most HRs in the NL means you're in third.
2 have 11, others have 9

so olt currently is tied for third - is he not?

doh

MY point wasn't being pleased or not with the deal. My point is that Olt was suppose to be this superstar propsect by every account and he's been awful in MLB. The overall point: you're trading a known for an unknown. In the case of Garza it's a no doubter you trade him. In the case of Samardijiza (sp?) it's not that easy.

And no. If seven people have more of something that you you are in 8th.

Gooksta

MY point wasn't being pleased or not with the deal. My point is that Olt was suppose to be this superstar propsect by every account and he's been awful in MLB. The overall point: you're trading a known for an unknown. In the case of Garza it's a no doubter you trade him. In the case of Samardijiza (sp?) it's not that easy.

And no. If seven people have more of something that you you are in 8th.
he wasnt considered to be at the time of the deal. he was having eye issues and had alot a question marks and wasnt a star prospect the time of the deal.. if he was still considered a top prospect.. we wouldnt got Grimm, Edwards and him for garza.. let alone the throw in Ramirez..

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Sorry I thought I heard Olt was leading the NL, I was probably drinking.

Anyway I still think he has a chance to the everyday 3rd basemen on this team when it is good. Still not sure why he isn't playing everyday.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'm with Doh here, except its pretty well known he doesn't want to stay in Chicago. Obviously he doesn't care if he gets paid. I wouldn't want to trade Samardzija for a couple low level prospects in May though.

I think Olt will be fine. Doh is being a little harsh on a guy with 100 PAs. The power is there, not too concerned about low BA in May. It was a reach to claim he'd be a superstar anyway.

doh

I'm with Doh here, except its pretty well known he doesn't want to stay in Chicago. Obviously he doesn't care if he gets paid. I wouldn't want to trade Samardzija for a couple low level prospects in May though.

I think Olt will be fine. Doh is being a little harsh on a guy with 100 PAs. The power is there, not too concerned about low BA in May. It was a reach to claim he'd be a superstar anyway.
His minor league BA last year was .201 and he isn't exactly young (25 currently). He could be a good player but it's looking less and less likely.

My point was more he was seen as a slam dunk, MLB ready prospect (ranked top 25, put up big numbers) yet as of now he doesn't look very good. You have no idea how prospects will turn out. You know Samardzija will be good in two years (if healthy) but I like that bet because again he's barely thrown any innings in his college/pro career and he looks to be starting to peak right now.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Calling him a slam dunk was wrong in the first place, but let the guy have a season. I agreed with you on Samardizja though.

On another note, why you dodging Mike Morse being a beast for the Giants?

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Since I am somewhat sober I am still feel the Cubs are doing this the right way finally. This is kinda the same cycle the Blackhawks went through, sure there was only 5,000 fans in the stands. Build through the draft, acquire assets and when you are ready spend money to put you over the top.

doh

Calling him a slam dunk was wrong in the first place, but let the guy have a season. I agreed with you on Samardizja though.

On another note, why you dodging Mike Morse being a beast for the Giants?
I posted I liked the signing somewhere… he was a perfect fit with Gregor Blanco in that platoon.

doh

I wasn't anti-Morse. I said I thought he's not a great every day player. But I did say I liked his fit with the Giants because his skills are the opposite of Gregor Blanco.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You went on some he is the worst LF in baseball type of rant. Maybe you were just mad that day, but you were not at all happy about it.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
So I know this pitcher from Baltimore grew up with his wife etc...

She is out of control, you would think he is Cy Young the way she talks about him. She emailed everyone this article with the headline below. He has a 16.2 ERA, good thing he is comfortable

Reliever Brad Brach says he's 'more comfortable' in second stint with Orioles

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He came up with the Padres. Decent reliever at the time, but :laughing: @ group emailing that stuff.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
So I know this pitcher from Baltimore grew up with his wife etc...

She is out of control, you would think he is Cy Young the way she talks about him. She emailed everyone this article with the headline below. He has a 16.2 ERA, good thing he is comfortable

Reliever Brad Brach says he's 'more comfortable' in second stint with Orioles

I have no clue who that is. :laughing:

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Buttfucker [edit, my bad] everyone talking about Danny Duffy pitching a perfect game....then Adam jones ruins it. First rule about a perfect game is to not talk about it. Damnit!

Last edited:

osick87

Community Liaison
Players gonna Play
tumblr_n5qzbas7KR1ro5xweo1_400.gif

Plotty

Tath Meacher

Yeah I probably should have used some better words, of which I am the sorry. I was a bit angry when every damn news media outlet started talking perfect game, etc etc. it's an unwritten rule that when something like that is happening, simply do not talk about it. Thankfully we won, but since our offense is atrocious, it wasn't a great win from that standpoint.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
Buttfucker [edit, my bad] everyone talking about Danny Duffy pitching a perfect game....then Adam jones ruins it. First rule about a perfect game is to not talk about it. Damnit!

You guys still won because Adam Jones manages to look really dumb at bat sometimes given how good he is.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah I probably should have used some better words, of which I am the sorry. I was a bit angry when every damn news media outlet started talking perfect game, etc etc. it's an unwritten rule that when something like that is happening, simply do not talk about it. Thankfully we won, but since our offense is atrocious, it wasn't a great win from that standpoint.

Wat. The rule if for teammates not for media haha. Plus it is helpful to tell the pitcher he has a nono goin if he is on lsd

osick87

Community Liaison
I'm pretty sure it's an unwritten rule not to call someone "Buttfucker Jew". Looks like someone was drinking rye.

LMAO @ Probably