• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
83xzyavjcaxw.jpeg

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Hayward definitely paid his dues. The reason Jazz fans burned his jerseys is because he didn't work it in as a sign-and-trade. Some fans were mad he was leaving at all, but most understood his reasoning and knew he had earned the right to make that decision. But to leave the Jazz high and dry with nothing in return for everything they'd done for him (making trades to try and make him happy, helping him become an All-Star), that's what made fans around here mad. If he'd done a sign-and-trade, I don't think much would have happened from the fans here. At least we would have gotten something in return other than drama and a website letter.

But IT being traded makes no sense. It makes less sense than thinking the earth is flat and not a single person involved in the cover-up has come forward to reveal it even though that's one of America's favorite pastimes these days.

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
You'll can keep telling me that typing on a phone doesn't make you sound dumber, and i'mma let Twitter do its thaaaang

NML

Hayward definitely paid his dues. The reason Jazz fans burned his jerseys is because he didn't work it in as a sign-and-trade. Some fans were mad he was leaving at all, but most understood his reasoning and knew he had earned the right to make that decision. But to leave the Jazz high and dry with nothing in return for everything they'd done for him (making trades to try and make him happy, helping him become an All-Star), that's what mad fans around here mad. If he'd done a sign-and-trade, I don't think much would have happened from the fans here. At least we would have gotten something in return other than drama and a website letter.

This is such a weird thing to me to me. When it came out that Hayward may be a sign and trade, all the Jazz fans were like "good! Hayward owes us this."

But that's not how it works at all. Sign and trades only happen when the TEAM they are going to needs financial help. The players have no say in it (other than the option to pick a place where a sign and trade would be necessary). None of the other two places - Boston or Miami - were going to be a S&T.

I couldn't believe how Jazz fans thought Ainge was going to just hand over Avery Bradley or something

sayo

YEET
Hayward definitely paid his dues. The reason Jazz fans burned his jerseys is because he didn't work it in as a sign-and-trade. Some fans were mad he was leaving at all, but most understood his reasoning and knew he had earned the right to make that decision. But to leave the Jazz high and dry with nothing in return for everything they'd done for him (making trades to try and make him happy, helping him become an All-Star), that's what mad fans around here mad. If he'd done a sign-and-trade, I don't think much would have happened from the fans here. At least we would have gotten something in return other than drama and a website letter.

But IT being traded makes no sense. It makes less sense than thinking the earth is flat and not a single person involved in the cover-up has come forward to reveal it even though that's one of America's favorite pastimes these days.
Once again, why? Why cripple the team you intend on joining? He fulfilled his contractual obligations and doesn't owe the jazz anything.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
jamesnathan is a wholesome character, let him be.

I was just explaining the reasoning Jazz fans were up in arms. I was unhappy my team didn't get anything in return. And I thought the way he went about it was terrible and hurt the Jazz more (his claiming he hadn't decided yet so that he could write his thank you letter to the Jazz for that players website or whatever caused the team to miss out on several potential players they could have pursued that ended up going to other teams because the Jazz were waiting on him). But ultimately I understood. Even if I owned one of his jerseys, I wouldn't have burned it. I was unhappy, but not upset or anything. What I was describing was the overwhelming reaction of the fanbase to what happened.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah, just dumb to expect a player to hurt hisself to help his former team even if that team did do a lot for him throughout his career. He did a lot for them, I'd say they're even

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Yeah, just dumb to expect a player to hurt hisself to help his former team even if that team did do a lot for him throughout his career. He did a lot for them, I'd say they're even

I think the fanbase here would probably feel that way, but keep in mind that most of them grew up with Stockton and Malone who both stayed here their whole careers (basically). While they know they were lucky to have that, I think their view of how things work with the NBA (and with the Utah franchise) is a bit skewed as a result. We aren't as hardened as, say, Miami or the Clippers when similar things happen.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think the fanbase here would probably feel that way, but keep in mind that most of them grew up with Stockton and Malone who both stayed here their whole careers (basically). While they know they were lucky to have that, I think their view of how things work with the NBA (and with the Utah franchise) is a bit skewed as a result. We aren't as hardened as, say, Miami or the Clippers when similar things happen.
that goes back to my wholesome comment. he could have handled it better and being upset with that is fine, but im almost always on the side of the players unless they're just absolute dicks which is rare. the teams will never be loyal to players so why should they be loyal to the teams?

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison

they wasnt giving out the kinda deals they are now though

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
they wasnt giving out the kinda deals they are now though

True story.

@OU11 I didn't take offense or get upset at all about your wholesome comment. Sorry it came across that way in the reading, but I promise it didn't bother me at all. My responses since then have just been trying to explain because I know Utah is a different place from almost everywhere else in the country.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
True story.

@OU11 I didn't take offense or get upset at all about your wholesome comment. Sorry it came across that way in the reading, but I promise it didn't bother me at all. My responses since then have just been trying to explain because I know Utah is a different place from almost everywhere else in the country.
it didnt, we were just conversing. i see the fan's side, i was just explaining the reality of how the business ends up working. the players are just now finally playing the same game as the owners

Bucksin04

Boston already leaked the hit piece to NESN about how players in the Celtics locker room didn't like IT. This is going to be INCREDIBLE on a sheer awkwardness level if this gets reversed.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Boston already leaked the hit piece to NESN about how players in the Celtics locker room didn't like IT. This is going to be INCREDIBLE on a sheer awkwardness level if this gets reversed.
I mean IT wasn't well liked in Sacramento too.

I'm not sure how this is shocking news. His hip was screwed up. Why not trade for a midget who is all ATHOLETE with a bad hip? What could possibly go wrong.

Brick

IT has one good season and all of a sudden TEH GOAT. This is like when NASHNUL fans get hyped over Ryan Fitzpatrick or Kevin Kolb having a fluke season. lulzbelieveland

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
The Cavs can't get a better trade than this... if midgets hip is fucked they could ask for another pick too.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
OKC looks like the label for a sports drink.

Also it was really jarring to get Alicia Silverstone's face immediately after the last jersey. You'll never guess what she looks like now!

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I do like him telling people to start rapping because they suck at hoops, lol