• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

Bucksin04

Ah so it's NOW that we refer to IT as "all nba player" and not as "a midget." Got it

Jae was woeful in the playoffs. I'm more upset about losing Zizic

IT was phenomenal last season. Question is whether it's sustainable or not. Time will tell.

Interested to see how Crowder performs when he gets to play with LeBron instead of having to guard him in the playoffs.

Zizic blows.

NML

Crowder would have just stole minutes from higher upside guys in Brown and Tatum, so while he's good and on a great contract, he's redundant. Zizic had the potential to crack the rotation, if not the starting lineup, because they only have Aron Baynes as a true center. Stevens likes to start with Horford at the four and end at the five to save his body a bit. That may have to change this year.

Wolfman21

really having this deep of a discussion about two teams that will get pounded by whatever western conference team they face in the finals?

evil1

I think Kyrie is a little better than IT, especially if you are talking about who would be the better #1 option on a team. But in the LeBron's sidekick role, I think IT can give Cleveland as much production as Kyrie did.

With Boston, they are replacing 4 of their 5 starters. I think it may take a season for the new core to adjust and click. So in the very near future, I think Boston a weaker team.

After all of their wheeling and dealing, Boston ended up with a core centered around Kyrie Irving, Gordon Hayward and Al Horford. This was their master plan? It is arguable whether Kyrie is one of the top 15 players in the NBA, but are either Hayward or Horford? If Boston was willing to trade Avery Bradly, Jae Crowder, next year's Brooklyn pick, and trade down from this year's #1 pick, I think they could have ended up with something more.

NML

The Cavs are going to suck even more ass defensively, so yeah, I don't see why this matters

If all that matters is whether or not something affects who wins the title, then nothing matters and we should all visit the 9MM cafe

quit being such a nihilist

NML

I think Kyrie is a little better than IT, especially if you are talking about who would be the better #1 option on a team. But in the LeBron's sidekick role, I think IT can give Cleveland as much production as Kyrie did.

With Boston, they are replacing 4 of their 5 starters. I think it may take a season for the new core to adjust and click. So in the very near future, I think Boston a weaker team.

After all of their wheeling and dealing, Boston ended up with a core centered around Kyrie Irving, Gordon Hayward and Al Horford. This was their master plan? It is arguable whether Kyrie is one of the top 15 players in the NBA, but are either Hayward or Horford? If Boston was willing to trade Avery Bradly, Jae Crowder, next year's Brooklyn pick, and trade down from this year's #1 pick, I think they could have ended up with something more.

Well ur ignoring Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, and Jason Tatum, plus other future picks they have. Those three are as good of a young core as you could ask for.

Considering where this team was a few seasons ago, I'm happy where they are now. Last year's team overachieved and I don't think it was sustainable. I think all these moves focused on shifting the timeline to 2018 - 2020ish - when LeBron is probably out west and they can walk to the finals. Everyone other than Baynes (who is easily replaceable) and Smart (who is restricted and is definitely coming back barring trade) is locked up for the next two years, and only Morris will leave within the next three (at which point he's probably redundant with Brown and Tatum).

They may not be better next year, but they might be able to be the same level and make the finals. Certainly they are set up better after that (unless you think the Brooklyn pick is a franchise changer, which we don't know yet, but probably not).

MSUFanatic

My favorite part about this trade is listening to the talking heads discuss guys like Derrick Rose and a potential reunion of WAIDS and Bron like this is gonna be 2008 for the Cavs roster and suddenly Jae Crowder has become Draymong Green of the East.

NML

Jae got schooled in consecutive rounds by Jimmy Butler (although for a couple games he did well), Markieff Morris (when healthy), and LeBron. But he's the answer against GS? nah b

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Theres a select few people that can post that and it mean something.

Youre not one

giphy.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

What more could they have ended up with? I've been an Ainge hater but this is a good deal for them (plus a good deal for the Cavs).

The best part of the deal for Boston is they aren't stuck paying age 30-34 midget $30-35m/year. Irving over the next 4-5 years will be significantly better.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Kyrie, Smart, Hayward, Morris and Horford is going to be a legit contender over the next 3-5 years. The 2nd unit will be productive with Tatum, Brown and Rozier (the first 2 could be starters too). They could land another 2-5 pick this year (via the Lakers) or another lottery pick in 2019 (whichever is higher pick between Sacramento or Philly).

The Celtics should have a nice run in the East with Lebron leaving for LA in 2018 (supposedly).

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
If all that matters is whether or not something affects who wins the title, then nothing matters and we should all visit the 9MM cafe

quit being such a nihilist

It's not, but that's all the Cavs care about

NML

I'm 100% certain they care more about keeping Lebron than winning a title, or they would trade him for every other first round pick of the Lakers into perpetuity

sayo

YEET
Why would he do that? It would worsen his (possible) future team. Besides, the cavs' front office shit show gives him an out in free agency imo. Much more than him green lighting a trade.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Maybe some sort of scenario where they got Jimmy Butler for cheap and still signed Hayward and traded for Kyrie (or even just kept IT in that case)?
Yeah maybe but perhaps the Bulls refused to deal him in conference (like George).

NML

Well Melo was 26 when that trade happened. Not quite the same thing

It doesn't matter because they aren't trading him. They're going to do everything possible to keep him, just like last time.

Unfortunately they can't trade Dan Gilbert so he gone

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Well Melo was 26 when that trade happened. Not quite the same thing

It doesn't matter because they aren't trading him. They're going to do everything possible to keep him, just like last time.

Unfortunately they can't trade Dan Gilbert so he gone
Like keep the GM he was a fan of?

NML

One dude burning a jersey - TRASH ASS FAN BASE

gimme a break. there's plenty of reason Boston fans are trash but this doesn't crack the list

OU misquoting me. I was referring to how any player leaving gets their jersey burned because whoever does it knows they'll get their fifteen minutes of #TRENDING. I can't remember who it was, maybe Paul Millsap? But some completely random player had their jersey burned this summer.

also this

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
i mean, who else has had their jersey burned due to them being traded without them asking for one? especially after he just played through not only a tragedy but a broken jaw or whatever and his hip.

that shit wild to me fam

NML

Are you not grasping that the dude is a moron? Clearly he somehow thinks it's IT's fault