• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2067 Season Thread

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
thats the same story that id have if they were in the minors. hell for none to have completely tanked ratings is actually a better result than most my normal prospects for their dev process

Minus the team control...

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The good news is now that everyone is convinced Wooly has cheated I'm letting JAR call the shots in MIA. We'll have to communicate through FB messenger and an Alabama to Yiddish translator since @kella and @Irishman haven't freed him from Heman Land but I'm bring him on as co-GM to see what he can do. He's already told me to pick up where @bruin @bruin228 left off by drafting nothing but ESS EEE SEE speed guys and the ghost of Steve Avery.
This is worse than anything wooly has done, combined. I can't think of a worse way for someone to break the don't be an ass rule.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Well, starting this offseason I won't have any players over 23 in my A ball squad, or over 27 in AA. Let's see how my next wave of prospects does. We'll add a little more data, for science.

And here I was hoping that this offseason your entire organization would go on a pleasant sailing cruise where the ship sinks rapidly in the middle of the ocean.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm guessing the league dies like four seasons in to the Bucky Deal, so act fast on your Spacetopia locales before they're all snatched up!

TonyGin&Juice

This is worse than anything wooly has done, combined. I can't think of a worse way for someone to break the don't be an ass rule.

If you think I'm being serious about the JAR part stroke out a check for $1,000 and hold it to the teevee when my real father Benny Hinn is on next and we'll bless ur ass to the HOEZONE layer.

I love this league, why would I fuck up a great thing letting JAR draft and sign nothing but guys that don't know the difference between there, their, and they're?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
If you think I'm being serious about the JAR part stroke out a check for $1,000 and hold it to the teevee when my real father Benny Hinn is on next and we'll bless ur ass to the HOEZONE layer.

I love this league, why would I fuck up a great thing letting JAR draft and sign nothing but guys that don't know the difference between there, their, and they're?

JAR would get so mad when you draft a white guy and then three seasons later his picture on the website updates and he's black now.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

Just saying it is worse

NML

thats the same story that id have if they were in the minors. hell for none to have completely tanked ratings is actually a better result than most my normal prospects for their dev process

I don't understand the meaning of the words (of that last sentence)

But to ur first sentence, I'm not sure what you are bringing to the table that counters anything we've said. You say that their ratings would've dropped even if they were in the minors (which is subjective, but anyways), but doesn't that prove our point? Because Wooly's players aren't seeing those drops

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't understand the meaning of the words (of that last sentence)

But to ur first sentence, I'm not sure what you are bringing to the table that counters anything we've said. You say that their ratings would've dropped even if they were in the minors (which is subjective, but anyways), but doesn't that prove our point? Because Wooly's players aren't seeing those drops

They would have dropped more, this is a fact. I'd like a list of all of Wooly's prospects with projected ratings at 17 and what they ended up being at 23 before I hear anything from the plaintiffs.

From what I can tell defense has results that are hard to ignore and the plaintiffs are just yelling at clouds.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I know, how dare he bring back @bruin @bruin228's management style to this league

LEACH-F-U.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I like to imagine it makes Wooly so mad that his A team didn't win the ship this year, even with the vast majority of his starters 25-26 years old. He coulda had a clean sweep of ships and beat the game! Finished one game back, and all because of us meddling kids complaining about his 4,000 MLFAs.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
And the Os can belittle this argument/complaint all they want, but soon enough I predict they'll be simming for Wooly's PvsE care bear pleasure against a league of Ottos.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
I like to imagine it makes Wooly so mad that his A team didn't win the ship this year, even with the vast majority of his starters 25-26 years old. He coulda had a clean sweep of ships and beat the game! Finished one game back, and all because of us meddling kids complaining about his 4,000 MLFAs.
giphy.gif

NML

They would have dropped more, this is a fact. I'd like a list of all of Wooly's prospects with projected ratings at 17 and what they ended up being at 23 before I hear anything from the plaintiffs.

From what I can tell defense has results that are hard to ignore and the plaintiffs are just yelling at clouds.

I made it to six players before I was too angry to keep going. I just picked anyone on his salaries page on the minimum. I'm also doing this from my computer so I don't have detailed scouting reports.

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_6393.html
- 3rd round pick. 45 contact, 45 gap, 50 power potential. Currently 60/55/55 with a 70 defensive rating
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_10102.html
- $1.4m IFA. 50 stuff, 60 movement, 55 control. Currently 80/60/55.
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_10762.html
- $4m IFA. 45/60/55. Currently 80/55/60.
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_12405.html
- $9.5m IFA. 60/60/50. Currently 65/60/55.
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_11068.html
- $1m IFA. 45/45/50. Currently 55/55/55 with an 80 defensive rating
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_6430.html
- Scouting discovery. 45/35/55. Currently 55/50/60

Someone can go through the rest and maybe I just got lucky pulling those. But every single player had rating potentials increase. Some a substantial amount. Four of those six were lottery tickets that are all-star level players.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
And the Os can belittle this argument/complaint all they want, but soon enough I predict they'll be simming for Wooly's PvsE care bear pleasure against a league of Ottos.
Isn't this basically what we do? We have GMs that check out for a decade and then complain that someone ruined the game. It's inactivity that allowed wooly's org to become what it is.

NML

Isn't this basically what we do? We have GMs that check out for a decade and then complain that someone ruined the game. It's inactivity that allowed wooly's org to become what it is.

It's inactivity that's helped develop those lottery tickets that way?

I'll concede that inactivity/tanking allows teams to be better than maybe they really are (since at any given time a third of the league is tanking), but I'm not sure how that's made him hit on all these prospects.

Honestly, what's going to happen is eventually other people are going to do his shit since nothing is being done about it. I'm sure once I suddenly get "lucky" and win all three minor league titles and my prospects are "magically" really good, more people will do it too.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It's inactivity that's helped develop those lottery tickets that way?

I'll concede that inactivity/tanking allows teams to be better than maybe they really are (since at any given time a third of the league is tanking), but I'm not sure how that's made him hit on all these prospects.

Honestly, what's going to happen is eventually other people are going to do his shit since nothing is being done about it. I'm sure once I suddenly get "lucky" and win all three minor league titles and my prospects are "magically" really good, more people will do it too.
Inactivity allows him to horde assets.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I scanned his top prospects list at some point last season and no one on it had suffered a drop in ratings. Haven't really felt like looking this season, because what's the point?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't really know another way to do it. Why don't you find me some of his busts?

I'm good. Just due to having 90 players at each level he's going to have a large amount of busts. Before maxing my dev budget most of my guys lost 20-30 points if they came out of IFA. These 4-5 pitchers all have maintained their ratings to a reasonable degree, and instead of playing against shitty 30 year olds they've been going against the WBL. They haven't played well but that's not important, as long as they fulfill their ratings they will play well. Most started in the 40-45 range for current ratings so I knew they'd struggle for 3 years, but they've developed.

Maybe it's all due to the budget, but one team having 30 year olds in A does not make your prospects bust. I'm sorry but that is just the truth. I can't believe anybody is actually comfortable posting that in here, but we've had a lot of dumb in this league so it makes sense from that standpoint. It's just so insane.

NML

Maybe it's all due to the budget, but one team having 30 year olds in A does not make your prospects bust.

No one said that. If EVERYONE did that, it would hurt ur prospects because they'd lose all the time and be pissed off. And because it helps the team doing it because their players are all happy and winning.

Whatever, I gave up trying to convince people otherwise and I'm just going to do it too. Someone else can die on this hill

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I've never been inactive, and have complained about Wooly's minor league fuckshit for sim decades on this site. I've also always maintained that winning/morale in the minors matters for development (as stated in the game manual) which is why I asked for a rookie league decades ago so that HS players wouldn't get their development rocked by fuckshit 27 year olds in A ball. OU dismissed my concern back then just like he's dismissing Wooly's fuckshit now. I mean in retrospect it wouldn't have mattered because Wooly is such a fucking cunt that he'd put 27 year olds in the Rookie League too, but whatever, perhaps that's a separate issue.

It's pointless to ask wooly to not be an ass, so to me the only options are to either stop caring or to out-ass him. I guess I'd rather not even attempt to out ass him.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
But if they're playing 30 year olds the prospects dont play. So they get better with no game time? Don't start yours then

NML

But if they're playing 30 year olds the prospects dont play. So they get better with no game time? Don't start yours then

But he's got half old people and half prospects, or whatever. I have no clue what his split it but his prospects play, he just doesn't have fringe/roster fillers like the rest of us

TonyGin&Juice

No one said that. If EVERYONE did that, it would hurt ur prospects because they'd lose all the time and be pissed off. And because it helps the team doing it because their players are all happy and winning.

Whatever, I gave up trying to convince people otherwise and I'm just going to do it too. Someone else can die on this hill

How about we follow my #fair_and_balanced league and turn off morale?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Wooly is either a massive cunt or an unintentional douche. It's a lot easier for him to just not be a cunt but for some reason he can't seem to manage that. In this instance, his cuntiness doesn't meaningfully impact anyone in-game. Wooly should be studied and have narration by David Attenborough.

TonyGin&Juice

Wooly is either a massive cunt or an unintentional douche. It's a lot easier for him to just not be a cunt but for some reason he can't seem to manage that. In this instance, his cuntiness doesn't meaningfully impact anyone in-game. Wooly should be studied and have narration by David Attenborough.

giphy.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I came up with my development hypothesis before Wooly was even in the league, GTFO with confirmation bias.

NML

PLOT TWIST - Wooly is actually an OU circ he planned so he could continue to dominate the league without everyone claiming cheat codes on Amsterdam

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

Are we really going to have to create age limits?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Ask Wooly, he's the one breaking the ASS RULE so much that ya'll might have to make a real rule for him to line step.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I've never been inactive, and have complained about Wooly's minor league fuckshit for sim decades on this site. I've also always maintained that winning/morale in the minors matters for development (as stated in the game manual) which is why I asked for a rookie league decades ago so that HS players wouldn't get their development rocked by fuckshit 27 year olds in A ball. OU dismissed my concern back then just like he's dismissing Wooly's fuckshit now. I mean in retrospect it wouldn't have mattered because Wooly is such a fucking cunt that he'd put 27 year olds in the Rookie League too, but whatever, perhaps that's a separate issue.

It's pointless to ask wooly to not be an ass, so to me the only options are to either stop caring or to out-ass him. I guess I'd rather not even attempt to out ass him.
You have missed a few off seasons lately. If you are missing offseasons and IFA, you are allowing him to buy them all. Inactivity created this. Inactivity created most winners. If you are active for 5-10 seasons you'll end up in the ship.