• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2067 Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
And just to be clear I told @Wooly last week to use 22/24/26 as his guide for cutting this minors down. I said ignore AAA, because who cares. If he ignores me this time then I will make cuts for him.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well if you aren't enforcing the rule, then it isn't a rule. If you are telling us to quit whining about it and just compete with him, then why don't we just make it a free for all?
I'm attempting to enforce the rule. I have a convo with wooly every time this pops up. If you mean kick him out then that's different.

NML

If what I'm describing was breaking a rule, I'd think there would be a punishment

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm attempting to enforce the rule. I have a convo with wooly every time this pops up. If you mean kick him out then that's different.

Lock him out of IFA every time he breaks a rule. Certainly there are punitive steps short of kicking someone out?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
You have missed a few off seasons lately. If you are missing offseasons and IFA, you are allowing him to buy them all. Inactivity created this. Inactivity created most winners. If you are active for 5-10 seasons you'll end up in the ship.

Or even 0.5 of a season.

The real issue these tops teams have away too much budget space. You know things are absurd when one of the top budget teams is signing guys to contracts that the MLBPA wouldn't allow and still have to sell draft picks to buy more IFA GOATs.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Or even 0.5 of a season.

The real issue these tops teams have away too much budget space. You know things are absurd when one of the top budget teams is signing guys to contracts that the MLBPA wouldn't allow and still have to sell draft picks to buy more IFA GOATs.
I disagree, but yes wooly asking for money looks awful. I told him that.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
of the 17-18 year olds i put in the WBL all are fine. fuck errone who thinks playing a team of 30 year olds in the minors messes with their development. This anecdotal evidence proves ur dum
I've never said it impedes others devo. I don't believe it does actually.

I do believe that winning a ton of games and having good stats due to having older players around you does tremendously help devo.

doh

How about we follow my #fair_and_balanced league and turn off morale?
This league is #fair_and_balanced. The only advantage in the game teams get is budgets tied to market size. We eliminated that so it is #fair_and_balanced.

#FAKENEWS

TonyGin&Juice

In all seriousness, can someone with a reddit account post in the OOTP this wooly thing and see what people say? I'm legit curious.

I thought I did that a couple of months ago and got confirmation it did help DEV from Markus. Unsurprisingly I'm banned from Reddit now or I'd post it again.

NML

Are we really going to have to create age limits?

Why not ask NML who also wants to break that rule?

I've spent multiple off-seasons offering rule suggestions for this. I even suggested a house rule for the minors that violators had to pay a fine. You basically told me that it wasn't possible and/or ignored me. Now that I'm just following what Wooly is doing ur throwing the "aM i ReAlLy GoInG tO hAvE tO cReAtE aGe LiMiTs?" thing in my face? That's what I've been suggesting!

What do you expect would happen when people were constantly complaining about him and nothing was done? If you were having private conversations about things he can't do, how were we suppose to know that?

You get mad when people over-react to his line-stepping, but I made a point to bring suggestions in a non-aggressive and hopefully helpful manner, and nothing was done. Don't throw the "don't be an ass" rule at me when the dude who breaks it every sim has seen zero punishment.

TonyGin&Juice

I've spent multiple off-seasons offering rule suggestions for this. I even suggested a house rule for the minors that violators had to pay a fine. You basically told me that it wasn't possible and/or ignored me. Now that I'm just following what Wooly is doing ur throwing the "aM i ReAlLy GoInG tO hAvE tO cReAtE aGe LiMiTs?" thing in my face? That's what I've been suggesting!

What do you expect would happen when people were constantly complaining about him and nothing was done? If you were having private conversations about things he can't do, how were we suppose to know that?

You get mad when people over-react to his line-stepping, but I made a point to bring suggestions in a non-aggressive and hopefully helpful manner, and nothing was done. Don't throw the "don't be an ass" rule at me when the dude who breaks it every sim has seen zero punishment.

He has to live in Utah and can't win a ship. Isn't that punishment enough?

All joking aside, if you guys want age limits I can setup an auto-report that will pull and send a list of players over the age limits to the Os/GMs for review and advancement. We're only looking at A and AA since the AI takes care of the IC so I don't see a problem with keeping up with that. If we did that once a week that should help eliminate having old guys in A and AA. My understanding is the AI/game engine isn't setup to do that so this is one way to see who has 50+ guys in A and who has 45 year old MiLC bums that won't retire setting HR records in AA.

NML

Isn't it a rule now that the proceeding contract years can't be lower than the prior year? Didn't that get enacted with the seven year max rule?

Nope. Orlando has said a few different times that a couple million is okay.

So naturally we can expect Wooly to alternate contracts by $2,999,999 million

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

If your response to someone being an ass is to follow suit are you not also an ass? "If he does then I'm gon do it," is an immature response IMO.

Osick and I have like a 200+ message PM with wooly. It's easier to talk to him that way because he doesn't visit the forums as often. You are probably right that I should have said that I talked to him about it. I thought I did, but I'm trying to lay more concrete rules for him since he doesn't know when he is being an ass.

Also I don't get mad about it. I try to diffuse it as much as possible. I think some things are blown out of proportion.

NML

If your response to someone being an ass is to follow suit are you not also an ass? "If he does then I'm gon do it," is an immature response IMO.

Osick and I have like a 200+ message PM with wooly. It's easier to talk to him that way because he doesn't visit the forums as often. You are probably right that I should have said that I talked to him about it. I thought I did, but I'm trying to lay more concrete rules for him since he doesn't know when he is being an ass.

Also I don't get mad about it. I try to diffuse it as much as possible. I think some things are blown out of proportion.

I tried a "mature" approach but constantly suggesting rules to it. You didn't adopt them. A few times they were just ignored.

Either set hard, printed rules for everyone to follow or don't. But don't expect others to follow unwritten rules and let Wooly play a different game.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Doesn't seem to be a rule on it doe
Because I don't think there should be a rule. If you guys want to vote on real contract rules then create them and put them up to a vote. It's not a simple rule IMO because it's effects contract structure beyond alternating. I'm more laying out things to him that are dickish that other people don't do.

Nope. Orlando has said a few different times that a couple million is okay.

So naturally we can expect Wooly to alternate contracts by $2,999,999 million
I just told him not to do it anymore. The reason I think it's more difficult is because there are other ways people structure contracts that could be considered line stepping.

Or... or... just bear with me here... what if we fixed the glitch?
To me this ends up looking like sour grapes more than anything.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It isn't sour grapes, they are GRAPES OF WRATH that have been growing heavy for the vintage for SIM YEARS ON THIS SITE. If ya'll can't get Wooly to stop it with the annoying fuckshit, then people are going to be upset... Especially when through either dumb luck or because of his shit, his development is amazing compared to everyone else.

NML

Because I don't think there should be a rule. If you guys want to vote on real contract rules then create them and put them up to a vote. It's not a simple rule IMO because it's effects contract structure beyond alternating. I'm more laying out things to him that are dickish that other people don't do.

I just told him not to do it anymore. The reason I think it's more difficult is because there are other ways people structure contracts that could be considered line stepping.

I have suggest rules and given opinions on every single shitty exploit that I think is out there. All of them. Zero have been passed, with maybe the slight exception of the 7 year max rule.

If you don't think there should be a rule, fine - but I'm telling you now that I am going to have alternating contract years, because you can guarantee that wooly will.

If you or wooly think something someone else does is shitty, was has it not been brought up? Where's the outrage about that?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I tried a "mature" approach but constantly suggesting rules to it. You didn't adopt them. A few times they were just ignored.

Either set hard, printed rules for everyone to follow or don't. But don't expect others to follow unwritten rules and let Wooly play a different game.
Mature? Eh.

But seriously, he is the only one who can't follow these rules apparently because he has no soul. Setting rules is an option, but it's annoying if the game can't enforce them on its own. If someone has one 24 year old in A I don't want the sim to stop for it every time. Birthdays too. There are MLFA who are older with no experience or even college players who are 24 by the time their first season starts. This is a ramble, so hopefully it makes sense. Let's see if there is a soft cap that warns you like IFA does. Then it would be worth considering.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I have suggest rules and given opinions on every single shitty exploit that I think is out there. All of them. Zero have been passed, with maybe the slight exception of the 7 year max rule.

If you don't think there should be a rule, fine - but I'm telling you now that I am going to have alternating contract years, because you can guarantee that wooly will.

If you or wooly think something someone else does is shitty, was has it not been brought up? Where's the outrage about that?
Ugh. Why though? Why be that way?

People do bring it up. It's subjective though. Front loading deals, double TOs, etc. This stuff has been brought up.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It isn't sour grapes, they are GRAPES OF WRATH that have been growing heavy for the vintage for SIM YEARS ON THIS SITE. If ya'll can't get Wooly to stop it with the annoying fuckshit, then people are going to be upset... Especially when through either dumb luck or because of his shit, his development is amazing compared to everyone else.
Book sucks. Git gud.

NML

Ugh. Why though? Why be that way?

People do bring it up. It's subjective though. Front loading deals, double TOs, etc. This stuff has been brought up.

Because I'm leveling the playing field. Am I suppose to play by a different set of rules from Wooly?

TonyGin&Juice

Mature? Eh.

But seriously, he is the only one who can't follow these rules apparently because he has no soul. Setting rules is an option, but it's annoying if the game can't enforce them on its own. If someone has one 24 year old in A I don't want the sim to stop for it every time. Birthdays too. There are MLFA who are older with no experience or even college players who are 24 by the time their first season starts. This is a ramble, so hopefully it makes sense. Let's see if there is a soft cap that warns you like IFA does. Then it would be worth considering.

Why not just have a sticky thread with guys that are over the age limits and service time? I had some guys in A last year that were over 24 because they were FA from independent leagues and I moved them up after 50 ABs/50 IP. Just throwing this out there but I can show you guys a sample report I have setup already that would provide this and not require the game to stop.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Why not just have a sticky thread with guys that are over the age limits and service time? I had some guys in A last year that were over 24 because they were FA from independent leagues and I moved them up after 50 ABs/50 IP. Just throwing this out there but I can show you guys a sample report I have setup already that would provide this and not require the game to stop.
I don't really need a report. A filter works fine. What is the right age?

TonyGin&Juice

I don't really need a report. A filter works fine. What is the right age?

There should be a way to filter it by age and PA/IP. For A if they're over 24 and have over 150 PA or 150 IP in A they should be moved up to AA. Let me check and see if I have one like that setup already that actually works.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That seems like a lot of work when we could just agree to have a free for all. No more rules at all. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT

doh

If I remember anything about this league, it's that there's always something people are bitching about. Wooly just makes hisself an easy target.
I thought so too-- and personally I don't know wooly like he's a friend or something but I've been on this forum (and forums before for 14 years?) and have always thought he is a pretty funny, nice guy.

But I have serious problems with someone who tells everyone "oh it's just a mistake, don't mind me" and acts like he's oblivious when he's built by far the best pitching staff ever and the best team ever. My team just set the NL record for runs allowed (478). His team gave up 98 runs less! This level of domination is insane. He had 128 triangle wins. No one else has had 119. So you can't play the 'oh geez shucks' card.

You also can't play the 'I don't care about minors' card and then sign 150 MLFA in the off-season THEN assign them and all of the sudden act like 'I had no idea!!!'.

So must believe:
a) He's Mr. Magoo and just randomly without taking advantage of the AI at all built easily the most dominant team this league has ever seen.
OR
b) He's been acting like he thinks everything he does is above board as a ruse to the league.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You also can't play the 'I don't care about minors' card and then sign 150 MLFA in the off-season THEN assign them and all of the sudden act like 'I had no idea!!!'.
I still think your timeline is off here.