• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WBL Rule Change Thread

NML

Right but he had a better chance than 1 seeds. Idk what your strategy is but it's better than trying for a 1 seed. I thought your team was really mediocre when you won it but that's what you have to do to have a chance in the WBL. Be mediocre and hope you get lucky.

I had the best offense in the south by over 40 runs haha. And I had four solid pitchers. My 5th pitcher was junk, I only had two good bullpen arms, and I had no depth. So I "only" won like 92 games. But my playoff team was as good as anyone

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I had the best offense in the south by over 40 runs haha. And I had four solid pitchers. My 5th pitcher was junk, I only had two good bullpen arms, and I had no depth. So I "only" won like 92 games. But my playoff team was as good as anyone
I also have a knack for letting heels win ships. Ur welcome.

Reactions: NML

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

So yeah it was probably mediocre but solid starters which is what I'm tom bout. I think you can do that with a below average payroll where you don't need a big budget. May or may not be right, but thinking on it travis really hasn't done what I'm planning. Idk though I haven't read his strategy completely, he was more immersed while I didn't care.

Soonerfan09

Have you been spending? I think most teams aren't spending much anymore. I was at $2m last year but may up that this year vs. spend on bench players/#5SP/etc..
What do you have at $2M? The way I understand it (and what it says in the game) is that scouting discoveries are a combination of amateur and international budgets that further increase the quality of players your scout finds. So I guess your overall primary scouting budget is a part of it.
My international and amateur budgets are both at $1.75M.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
There are also a ton of big IFA buys hanging sheetrock @TonyGin&Juice

When I was doing my tear down of the team @Gooksta put together I think you sent me two guys that were IFA busts that you paid over $20M for each. Rad did the same thing with Jean "Grasshopper" Leroy. Pretty sure @doh sent me a couple of his busts too. Hell, look at @Travis7401 big IFA "studs" - the guys that lived up to their ratings make my MASH unit look like clones of Gehrig and Ripken.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
@HAVES

ePfykPq.gif

Wooly

I don't see the point in doing what you and wooly are doing, what do you have to show for it? Being worse but still good enough to make it and dumping everybody when its time seems a lot better. I'm not sold on spending on scouts yet, I'm relying solely on Zo so we'll see how he does after a few years. If he still sucks then I can cut that out, but I'm keeping the dev budget up from now on. I saw a lot more guys bust than I used to with the baseline dev budget, barely any made it out even with great ratings as young guys. I'm expecting a lot more starters out of my current farm

The honest truth is that my only real goals now are building the best team I can, winning my division, and trying to see how many wins I can get. Since the playoffs are a crapshoot, this is what I have some control over, and this is what is still relatively fun. Sure, I would love a championship, but I don't plan on it, it's not really a goal...just a hope that some year it happens. I am aware that I could pull back on my spending and team building and still make the playoffs, but it's just not appealing to me. I don't see the point in finishing 2-4, since it doesn't mean much. In any given year, 2-3 teams are tanking in my division, and another 2 or so are not even actively managed. It's like 5 teams are competing over 4 spots for the playoffs. In that scenario, trying to win your division and win as many games are possible are about the only interesting things to do.

Maybe the bigger problem is that we just don't have enough interested managers, we have 18 teams but maybe 12 at most are active, either trying to win or trying to tank.

Wolfman21

When I was doing my tear down of the team @Gooksta put together I think you sent me two guys that were IFA busts that you paid over $20M for each. Rad did the same thing with Jean "Grasshopper" Leroy. Pretty sure @doh sent me a couple of his busts too. Hell, look at @Travis7401 big IFA "studs" - the guys that lived up to their ratings make my MASH unit look like clones of Gehrig and Ripken.

Most IFA guys i sign for big money turn to shit. I feel like ive done better with low money IFA guys and drafting well

TonyGin&Juice

The honest truth is that my only real goals now are building the best team I can, winning my division, and trying to see how many wins I can get. Since the playoffs are a crapshoot, this is what I have some control over, and this is what is still relatively fun. Sure, I would love a championship, but I don't plan on it, it's not really a goal...just a hope that some year it happens. I am aware that I could pull back on my spending and team building and still make the playoffs, but it's just not appealing to me. I don't see the point in finishing 2-4, since it doesn't mean much. In any given year, 2-3 teams are tanking in my division, and another 2 or so are not even actively managed. It's like 5 teams are competing over 4 spots for the playoffs. In that scenario, trying to win your division and win as many games are possible are about the only interesting things to do.

Maybe the bigger problem is that we just don't have enough interested managers, we have 18 teams but maybe 12 at most are active, either trying to win or trying to tank.

I'm sure somewhere out there is a league that's more to your liking.

Most IFA guys i sign for big money turn to shit. I feel like ive done better with low money IFA guys and drafting well

Year before last was the first year I actually spent in IFA. So far those guys are all still FOUR STARZ+ according to OSA but I serious doubt any of them other than Gaspard Capitanio develop into legit contributors. I'm curious how those $30M guys Travis and Lloyd have signed turned out.

Wolfman21

I'm sure somewhere out there is a league that's more to your liking.

Year before last was the first year I actually spent in IFA. So far those guys are all still FOUR STARZ+ according to OSA but I serious doubt any of them other than Gaspard Capitanio develop into legit contributors. I'm curious how those $30M guys Travis and Lloyd have signed turned out.

Roquero looks like a future all star at SS but who knows how it ends up

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Everyone except @Lloyd Carr (RIP) @Yankee151 and @Orlando have exported in the last two days, and that's at the end of the playoffs. This is the most active manager group we have ever had.
wooly doesn't know what it means to want. this is easily among the most active times in the league, it's just more fun to rebuild for a lot of people. winning really is boring unless you have home grown talent you're invested in, you gotta feel the struggle sometimes

Wolfman21

wooly doesn't know what it means to want. this is easily among the most active times in the league, it's just more fun to rebuild for a lot of people. winning really is boring unless you have home grown talent you're invested in, you gotta feel the struggle sometimes

This is how ive built about all my teams. Home grown guys and supplement where you are short with FA. Its a simple plan really

TonyGin&Juice

Youre telling me. I was coming in with an offer for 10 mil more than what lloyd signed him for in the next sim. I just wasnt following how guys were signing.

Sorry, I was talking about Lando's guy but Req is a bad ass too. So many of these guys just die at 20 though.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
As soon as you gave up I came back. It was fun playing hard to get.
now we're both playing, maybe. I'm trying to make this new strategy one where I only have to open the game once a season for a few days in a row, but I've been forgetting to export for a few preseasons now so the outlook isn't good

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The good news is it's my turn to buy it for us. the bad news is I'm broke so I'm not buying it for like a week lol