• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WBL Rule Change Thread

NML

I vote no.

are we at preseason yet? I need to check it at some point to see why it's so damn hard to compete for you and wooly.

It's not hard. I just know it's been mentioned as a possibility so I just wanted to see what people think.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
What do we think about removing IFA and just making our drafts better/longer? This would level the playing field a bit more for those bottom level teams and create more parity. As a negative, you could see even more (or possibly more intentional) tanking.

Thoughts?
I don't think tanking is an issue because there are enough penalties built into the game. Being at the top of the baseball draft order means anything close to basketball and football.

With no market sizes and the media revenues virtually the same across the board, there's really zero need to "level" the playing field.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I disagree. Look at it from two views:

1 - competitive in the future. AKA getting the best prospects. Right now, it's difficult for a bad team to spend any kind of money on their WBL team and buy players in IFA - or, at least, buy as much as their rich counterparts. The only place they have an advantage is the draft. Not allowing the very best teams to have a shot at the very best prospects is definitely a plus.

why? i think I was at $55M, and that's spending like $30M on scouting and dev.

am I on the wrong timeline? I may not be playing the same league you guys are.

note that this is a small market team telling a big market team you don't have too many advantages.

NML

why? i think I was at $55M, and that's spending like $30M on scouting and dev.

am I on the wrong timeline? I may not be playing the same league you guys are.

note that this is a small market team telling a big market team you don't have too many advantages.

Right, if you are spending $30m on scouting and dev and $55m on IFA, ur WBL team is going to be shit.

NML

I dont understand this. Almost everyone has made the playoffs if they try. What needs to be changed?

Nothing needs to, just a discussion. Calm ur tits

I don't think tanking is an issue because there are enough penalties built into the game. Being at the top of the baseball draft order means anything close to basketball and football.

With no market sizes and the media revenues virtually the same across the board, there's really zero need to "level" the playing field.

I'm not against tanking, fwiw.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
the point is nobody is at the bottom because of the league, it's because we want it. you won't take that away from us no matter how hard you try

doh

Nothing needs to, just a discussion. Calm ur tits

I'm not against tanking, fwiw.
Yeah IMO there are so many penalties for tanking and the advantages aren't as much as say other sports. I just don't get your "level" the playing field argument. With market sizes and the media deals so equal, everyone is playing with the same deck of cards to start.

NML

Just imagining wolfmad on his computer, sweating as he vigorously studies box scores and OSA reports

Wolfman21

"worked my ass off" at a video game

Prolly put in as much time as anyone outside of a commish. So yes.

You want guys that dont give a shit and put in their 3 min a day and dont think about the game to be just as good as those that put in the time like i do. Fuck that

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I worked my tail end off bringing the tulips down to this level. this isn't a state of being we are accostumed to and it takes work and perseverance to treat nederlanders to the bag of shit we put on the field this year

NML

Prolly put in as much time as anyone outside of a commish. So yes.

You want guys that dont give a shit and put in their 3 min a day and dont think about the game to be just as good as those that put in the time like i do. Fuck that

I know this game is ur pride and joy, but that's not at all what I'm saying

Wooly

I dont understand this. Almost everyone has made the playoffs if they try. What needs to be changed?

For some people, myself included, the league suffers when a significant portion of teams are actively trying to lose. It's not hard to make the playoffs, and this is part of the reason why. Whether or not teams make the playoffs, though, I still just don't care for so many teams tanking. It also makes it more likely that other teams have to tank to compete. If other teams are trying to lose, and I want some decent talent from the draft, I am forced to do the same thing, and tank.

NML

Lol, runnin circles round you while you bitch about it not being fair is certainly fun

Oh yeah all those circles you ran around me when I ended ur season two years in a row

Put ur dick away dude. Every time someone says something you disagree with, you puff out ur chest like ur some bad ass and every one should listen to you because you won a video game a couple of times. People are allowed to have different opinions

Wolfman21

For some people, myself included, the league suffers when a significant portion of teams are actively trying to lose. It's not hard to make the playoffs, and this is part of the reason why. Whether or not teams make the playoffs, though, I still just don't care for so many teams tanking. It also makes it more likely that other teams have to tank to compete. If other teams are trying to lose, and I want some decent talent from the draft, I am forced to do the same thing, and tank.

No. There are millions of ways to get good talent. I havent picked inside the top 10 in decades. I even skipped IFA for like 5 seasons and my talent just won the series and consistently finishes in the top 2-3 of the league.

Wolfman21

Oh yeah all those circles you ran around me when I ended ur season two years in a row

Put ur dick away dude. Every time someone says something you disagree with, you puff out ur chest like ur some bad ass and every one should listen to you because you won a video game a couple of times. People are allowed to have different opinions

Trumpwrong.gif

Fight me in real life

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
:laughing: well yeah it's not hard to make the playoffs when you are gifted a championship team.

doh

Sometimes posts like this make me think you're just trolling the league with your stuff...

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah I mean a high budget team can manage their budget well and spend on all 3 if they don't have loyalty, stay out of FA for the most part and bounce the dev budget up and down on correspondence with IFA. It's pretty difficult to have a $20m dev budget, $12m scouting budget, spend big on IFA and win. Good players cost money.

Wooly

Sometimes posts like this make me think you're just trolling the league with your stuff...

What do you disagree with?

1) League suffers when too many teams are tanking. That is how I feel about it. Maybe you don't.
2) It's not hard to make the playoffs. Factually true. 9 teams in a league, a couple are tanking, a couple more have managers that are not interested, or not as involved. The other 5 are then competing over 4 spots. Even teams that are bad can get good enough to make the playoffs after 3-4 years of trying.
3) When the best draft slots are going to tanking teams, it encourages others to do the same thing to compete with them. Factually true. This is why teams are doing it.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

1) League suffers when too many teams are tanking. That is how I feel about it. Maybe you don't.
2) It's not hard to make the playoffs. Factually true. 9 teams in a league, a couple are tanking, a couple more have managers that are not interested, or not as involved. The other 5 are then competing over 4 spots. Even teams that are bad can get good enough to make the playoffs after 3-4 years of trying.
3) When the best draft slots are going to tanking teams, it encourages others to do the same thing to compete with them. Factually true. This is why teams are doing it.
:laughing:

doh

1) I do not care about how many teams tank it doesn't effect my team.
2) It's easy as hell to make the playoffs. Too easy. Which is why I wanted to give a reward to finishing higher in the leagues. You can be good enough to make playoffs to flip a 70 win team to 90 if you know who to get in FA.
3) Baseball drafts are at a much worse hit rate than any other sport (and this league is the same). I'm actually not really in favor of giving the worst teams a reward (something only done in American sports) but I don't think it's a big advantage to have the top picks.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
1) I do not care about how many teams tank it doesn't effect my team.
2) It's easy as hell to make the playoffs. Too easy. Which is why I wanted to give a reward to finishing higher in the leagues. You can be good enough to make playoffs to flip a 70 win team to 90 if you know who to get in FA.
3) Baseball drafts are at a much worse hit rate than any other sport (and this league is the same). I'm actually not really in favor of giving the worst teams a reward (something only done in American sports) but I don't think it's a big advantage to have the top picks.
1) Yes
2) No
3) No

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
number 3 is my favorite on the wooly list. that has actually zero bearing on why teams tank, even leach gets that one.

you could make it so unrewarding to tank it be borderline idiotic and I'd still tank because I want to build the team. making it harder would probably make me want to tank more but it'd probably turn off a lot more gms.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Just trade with @TonyGin&Juice and you can have a #1 farm like OU.

He's gotten zero talent from me. Einstein was a bust and the main guy I got from him is a season or so away. Please stop getting me confused with the main offender whiner in this thread.

You really need to just go find another league if you think any of this nonsense you've spewed out is true. The teams that tank rarely hit in the draft and even when they do the hit to the budget is something that takes years to overcome. Even when you do hit in the draft with a Golf Mind or a Braves those guys aren't going to take you from the shithouse to the penthouse.

Again, you just need to go find another league.