• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2019 Prem / Farewell Stoke Threade - who ate all the pies?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Why you'll even try to watch La Liga, anyway? Soooooo bad. The Bundesliga is probably the most watchable league out there right now, just about any random game will be entertaining.

Serie A is good, too. Catenaccio is dead and no one can defend.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Spurs look like garbage for the most part, but when they do put something together Huth and Morgan are holding them like crazy. I don't know why officials let them get away with that week in and week out, it's so frustrating to watch. Some week they're going to give up like 4 penalties and it's going to be great.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
3 points back of top going into November. Without the reigning Golden Boot winner for over a month. Best defense in the league. (Clearly) improved depth from last season.

Am I allowed to be happy, @hayvis?

-YTC

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
3 points back of top going into November. Without the reigning Golden Boot winner for over a month. Best defense in the league. (Clearly) improved depth from last season.

Am I allowed to be happy, @hayvis?

-YTC

If you're happy without a single win in 5 games and a manager that has run his squad into the ground, and is now complaining about injuries, then yes.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I'll be happy in spite of those things!

I'm also thrilled that the reigning Golden Boot winner will be back for the NLD this weekend. Bonus would be if Toby would be back as well, but that doesn't look nearly as likely.

-YTC

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'll be happy in spite of those things!

I'm also thrilled that the reigning Golden Boot winner will be back for the NLD this weekend. Bonus would be if Toby would be back as well, but that doesn't look nearly as likely.

-YTC

What the fuck are you talking about? Vardy won the golden boot.. And keep going and you may hold onto that Europa League place by the end of the year. I doubt it though, as Pochettino insists on running the same 11 players into the ground, and then complaining about injuries and a dip in form...:thumbsup:

Honestly, I'm not impartial, but if I was, I wouldn't be happy with Spurs at the moment....

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
And since when did Jamie Vardy play for the spuds, @whiteyc_77 ? And you've not got better depth; thinnest squad in the top 6 bias aside.

You do realize that Harry Kane won the Golden Boot last year, right? You didn't know that? SAD!

And, also, I believe that you believe that Spurs have not improved their depth. Keep on telling urself that.

I deal with fans like you on a constant basis here in the US. They're called Ohio State fans, except they can call back to winning something meaningful within the last decade.

-YTC

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Oh my bad. Moon face cripple, Kane got the golden boot. ur boy :

70dd3e1b7a51c268bf07dba4443134ce.jpg

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You do realize that Harry Kane won the Golden Boot last year, right? You didn't know that? SAD!

And, also, I believe that you believe that Spurs have not improved their depth. Keep on telling urself that.

I deal with fans like you on a constant basis here in the US. They're called Ohio State fans, except they can call back to winning something meaningful within the last decade.

-YTC
Not taken you many years to go full Spurs, has it... Sitting behind us in the league with a thin squad and terrible goal difference, and still giving it the large one, as if you're top of the league?

You have not improved depth. You bought cispastic, and sold Chadli.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If I ever visit England, I want to go to a Spurs game with Hayvis.

It's the most painful 90 minutes of my year. Although they are a bunch of spastic monkeys who, even if they had Barcelona's squad (which they absolutely don't), couldn't finish above us in a million years, the thought of losing a game to them is like the possibility of falling face first into dog shit.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Not taken you many years to go full Spurs, has it... Sitting behind us in the league with a thin squad and terrible goal difference, and still giving it the large one, as if you're top of the league?

You have not improved depth. You bought cispastic, and sold Chadli.

I honestly have no idea what that first sentence means. The only thing I've expressed in regards to Spurs is that I'm happy with their performance to this point. That seems to irritate you, for some odd reason.

I don't know who "cispastic" is (and neither did Google, FWIW). However, here are the new additions to Spurs this year:

Vincent Janssen (desperately needed a backup to Kane)
Victor Wanyama (desperately needed someone to spell Dier, who played way too many minutes last year)
Moussa Sissoko
Georges-Kevin Nkoudou

Not to mention that Son has progressed nicely this season to be relief for the attacking band if needed.

Spurs have already started 17 different players in the Premier League this season. Only 13 different starters at this same point last year.

-YTC

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I honestly have no idea what that first sentence means. The only thing I've expressed in regards to Spurs is that I'm happy with their performance to this point. That seems to irritate you, for some odd reason.

I don't know who "cispastic" is (and neither did Google, FWIW). However, here are the new additions to Spurs this year:

Vincent Janssen (desperately needed a backup to Kane)
Victor Wanyama (desperately needed someone to spell Dier, who played way too many minutes last year)
Moussa Sissoko
Georges-Kevin Nkoudou

Not to mention that Son has progressed nicely this season to be relief for the attacking band if needed.

Spurs have already started 17 different players in the Premier League this season. Only 13 different starters at this same point last year.

-YTC

Full Spurs; as in you're bragging when your team is behind Arsenal, in fifth and hasn't won for five games. Only a mentalist Spurs fan would do that. I made a spelling error with Sissoko...

If you honestly think any of those players adds significant depth to your first team squad, then you're insane. Vincent Janssen is about as good as Yaya Sanogoals, Sissoko is not as good as Chadli, who you sold, Wanyama is a fatty, and who the fuck is Nkoudou?

Please feel free to mock me if you beat us at the weekend, but I think it's highly unlikely, as are your chances of finishing in the top four this season, with a manager that himself is unhappy with the size of his squad, considering they have half as many injuries as Arsenal, and yet thinks it's significant. But I suppose that's unsurprising coming from a manager that doesn't rotate his squad (he recognises it's too thin), and runs virtually the same 11 into the ground week in week out.

You're a typical Spurs fan. All the warning signs for a dodgy season are there flashing like lighthouses, and yet you can't see it. I'd rather be a pessimistic Arsenal fan any day.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
holy shit Yaya Sanogo, I completely forgot about him, and probably also so did his family after bringing them much shame

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Full Spurs; as in you're bragging when your team is behind Arsenal, in fifth and hasn't won for five games. Only a mentalist Spurs fan would do that. I made a spelling error with Sissoko...

If you honestly think any of those players adds significant depth to your first team squad, then you're insane. Vincent Janssen is about as good as Yaya Sanogoals, Sissoko is not as good as Chadli, who you sold, Wanyama is a fatty, and who the fuck is Nkoudou?

Please feel free to mock me if you beat us at the weekend, but I think it's highly unlikely, as are your chances of finishing in the top four this season, with a manager that himself is unhappy with the size of his squad, considering they have half as many injuries as Arsenal, and yet thinks it's significant. But I suppose that's unsurprising coming from a manager that doesn't rotate his squad (he recognises it's too thin), and runs virtually the same 11 into the ground week in week out.

You're a typical Spurs fan. All the warning signs for a dodgy season are there flashing like lighthouses, and yet you can't see it. I'd rather be a pessimistic Arsenal fan any day.

• I'm not sure how what I said could be construed as bragging. I'm happy with my team's performance thus far, and like how the future looks for this season and beyond. Sorry to "brag" so vociferously.
  • Yes, I think that those players add significant depth to the first team compared to last year's roster. Don't know why ur so butthurt over it. You disagree, and your argument is that you can call them witty (LOL) insults. Such amaze, much wow at ur knowledge (especially since you didn't even know who won the Golden Boot last year).
  • Why would I mock you if Spurs win the NLD? Are you playing on Saturday? Managing the team? Very anOSU way of thinking here with that kind of logic. What the teams do on Saturday has no bearing on my opinion of you or ur soccer knowledge.
  • Statistically, Poche is doing to exact opposite of what you are saying. He has started 17 guys already in PL. Last year, the top 11 players in minutes played averaged 2830 minutes for the season. This year, the top 11 are on pace to average 2704 minutes for the season.
  • If a typical Spurs fan is to have reasonable expectations, then be pleased when the squad meets those expectations...I guess I'll say thanks for the compliment?
-YTC

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm absolutely not butthurt. You haven't won a game in five. That speaks for itself, and the absurdity of being happy with that is so typical of a Spurs fan. That's all I'm pointing out.

I'm also amused, because I predicted this at the beginning of the season. Pochettino plays the same players too much when they are fit and that causes injuries, which is why you've started 17 players; he has absolutely not been employing squad rotation. You also talk of depth, which again is laughable, when the players that you've brought into the side because of injuries are not winning you games.

I don't believe Spurs will be in the top four this year. I have a difference of opinion, and you are entitled to yours, but that isn't going to stop me from thinking yours is ridiculous.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Is there a more infuriating player in the league than Christian Eriksen? He'll have a few (really) pretty touches and (very) clever passes every game, sure. But he'll also kill a bunch of attacks by dwelling in the ball, hit several corners that don't clear the first defender, and put at least one free kick from a good spot into the wall. All while looking about as interested in playing as Dimitar Berbatov.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
You're right. Title contending teams would never have such a dismal record over a 5 game stretch.

/looks at top of table

giphy.gif

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You're right. Title contending teams would never have such a dismal record over a 5 game stretch.

/looks at top of table

giphy.gif

Lol. Man City had a slightly different fixture list over that period. But anyway, if you read what I was saying that's not my point. My point is that you're happy with it and singing and dancing over it... Not sure if City fans were shouting from the rooftops over that stretch.

How the fuck can you be happy when you haven't won in five games? Honestly WTF? :nebraskaman:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I think my overall perspective is that Arsenal are above Tottenham, had a much better transfer window, and I still think it's hit or miss whether we'll be top four. I just can't fucking understand anyone that bullish on their chances, especially when they've not won a single game in five. It's just alien to my thinking. But then again that has always been the difference between Arsenal and Tottenham fans, and a reason why I find spuds so fucking annoying.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Lol. Man City had a slightly different fixture list over that period. But anyway, if you read what I was saying that's not my point. My point is that you're happy with it and singing and dancing over it... Not sure if City fans were shouting from the rooftops over that stretch.

How the fuck can you be happy when you haven't won in five games? Honestly WTF? :nebraskaman:

I'm singing and dancing over how the first 10 games have gone in the Premier League. Only team in the league without a loss. On pace to finish with 8 more points than last year. If that keeps up all year, then I'll be quite happy.

Am I disappointed over the last 5 games? Sure...in spots. Of course Spurs were going to draw with West Brom. It's what they do. Now, I was definitely disappointed in the draw against Bournemouth. But that happens. It's refreshing to see that even in the disappointing games, that Spurs are still coming away with something. That's worth being happy about. Draw with Leverkusen (away) and a heavily rotated loss to Liverpool? Meh. Dominated Lester and got an unsatisfying draw, but not the worst thing ever against the defending champions.

Have you tried @Travis7401 's plan of not being so sad? I've heard great things about it.

-YTC

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni

/looks at top of table

giphy.gif

Chelsea look great right now.

But tomorrow brings November, and November is when Chelsea typically step on their own dicks for a 5+ game stretch.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm singing and dancing over how the first 10 games have gone in the Premier League. Only team in the league without a loss. On pace to finish with 8 more points than last year. If that keeps up all year, then I'll be quite happy.

This is the completely contradictory statement. You're not keeping up because you've got three points in three games and we've only played 10. Are you sure you're not British and you're sure you didn't vote Brexit, because you absolutely come across like this : :england:

Next you'll be talking about how the England team is so wonderful, because it comprises of so many Tottenham players.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I love how mad Hayvis is about Brexit, and I'll be laughing for a few more days until I have to experience the same feeling when confronted with Donald Trumps America

I hope and pray it doesn't happen to you. I wouldn't wish this situation on my worst enemy. I don't think you realise how good the neoliberal status quo is/was. It's like waking up every day in the twilight zone, where idiotic ideologues are steering your children's future farther and farther down the toilet every day.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
and by "take the easy way out," I of course meant that I'll quit my job and become a complete neckbeard as I escape even deeper into some fictional reality that I create in a video game....

I've made a good start with the North Dakota riggers and the whiskey space foxes already!

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
and by "take the easy way out," I of course meant that I'll quit my job and become a complete neckbeard as I escape even deeper into some fictional reality that I create in a video game....

I've made a good start with the North Dakota riggers and the whiskey space foxes already!

@Travis7401 insinuates that he's going to kill someone, and it turns out he's full of shit? Where I have heard this story before?

chibob

Against what though? Everything's going to tank if he gets in. Bet on gold would be safer.

So my friend sent me this:

Haven't seen the stats, but I think if you bet a pound a point on the market falling (on IG there is a US all share tracker I think) , can see it losing 1000 points

It has lost many hundreds on bad days with no significant news

So seems a conservative estimate

The question is would it go up with Hilary winning (or for other reasons) And if so how much

Ill get him to explain the exact thing to do and will send you a PM with it. And yes Gold would be a safe bet too.

This friend is pretty good, he got me to invest in Mastercard, some renewable energy companies and bet against the pound before the brexit result. All had healthy returns thus far.