• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2057 Season Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Maybe put the draft pick thing in the title, otherwise people will get mad for no reason when they miss the deadline

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I don't believe that.... I believe the cat made a back channel deal with San Francisco. I've got proof because San Francisco won, and everyone knows cat prayers are all powerful mojo.

Unfortunately it looks like it's the cat that's going to need you to #praytherosary. Unlike her owner she dropped a little too much weight his year and it might be something serious, we'll find out tomorrow when the blood work is back.

Wooly

Jesus wooly you asked to stop yesterday, so I did and then said I'd sim tomorrow since I was working from home. None of this was a surprise.

Yesterday, during the afternoon, I said I was ready to sim anytime, in case anyone wanted to sim a little earlier than the usual 9pm. Rad said he was ready too. In response to that, at about 9pm you posted: "wat? It's sim o'clock right meow ". Since we usually sim around 9pm, I took this to mean we sim at 9pm, so stop asking to go earlier. After the game were done last night, I said I needed to make some lineup changes, but could keep playing after an export, if people wanted to do that. You said we would run the rest tomorrow, but I assumed it was at the usually appointed time, 9pm. That is a fair assumption, because that is how it's usually done. I didn't take the "working from home" statement to mean during the day. I assumed I had time to go over lineups and export on Friday before evening, since that is when we usually do it, and you reiterated the day before "sim o'clock" was indeed around 9pm. Either, way, there was no time stamp for my export this morning, nor had I posted anything about being ready this morning.

So yeah, it was a surprise, though maybe I should have inferred that "working from home" meant a sim during the day. I didn't understand it that way though, and I think my assumptions about a 9pm sim were fair. You could have double checked before simming though, too. I don't think you need to imply that this is all my fault.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Fun fact, this is the 6th 'repeat' World Series in the league's history. It's the first to happen with a gap in between, doe. In the previous 4 series, the previous winner won 4 out of 5 times, the lone difference being the TONY led Pirates beating Lisbon in 2052 after Gooksta couldn't win it in 2051.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yesterday, during the afternoon, I said I was ready to sim anytime, in case anyone wanted to sim a little earlier than the usual 9pm. Rad said he was ready too. In response to that, at about 9pm you posted: "wat? It's sim o'clock right meow ". Since we usually sim around 9pm, I took this to mean we sim at 9pm, so stop asking to go earlier. After the game were done last night, I said I needed to make some lineup changes, but could keep playing after an export, if people wanted to do that. You said we would run the rest tomorrow, but I assumed it was at the usually appointed time, 9pm. That is a fair assumption, because that is how it's usually done. I didn't take the "working from home" statement to mean during the day. I assumed I had time to go over lineups and export on Friday before evening, since that is when we usually do it, and you reiterated the day before "sim o'clock" was indeed around 9pm. Either, way, there was no time stamp for my export this morning, nor had I posted anything about being ready this morning.

So yeah, it was a surprise, though maybe I should have inferred that "working from home" meant a sim during the day. I didn't understand it that way though, and I think my assumptions about a 9pm sim were fair. You could have double checked before simming though, too. I don't think you need to imply that this is all my fault.
Rad said RIP WBL and I said, no so fast it's sim o'clock. That didn't mean I never sim early. I'm sorry if you took it that way. The sequence of posts last night made me assume you were ready to keep going. I'll check with you in the future I guess.

Again I would suggest not using 7 day lineups. I find them even more useless during the playoffs, but I guess that's your call.

As usual though, nothing is ever your fault and you continue to be the neediest GM. Just let me know when you are ready for the next games.

Wooly

Thank you. I don't know why "I am working from home tomorrow" didn't register differently with me, but it didn't. Sorry about that.

7 Day Lineups are what makes the game playable, to me. I am here for the immersion, which includes getting into the stats, tinkering with lineups, sometimes even trying to pick the best lineup for each game in a week. It's tweaking everything to squeeze out results. Does any of it work, compared to the randomness qualifier in the game engine? Who knows, but it makes it fun for me. If I just set a 5 man rotation and checked the game every game-time month or so, I might as well not play. That's just me, but I can't get into it the same way without 7 day lineups.

Wooly

Congrats Dublin. Not only do you have the title, but you also have the best Location and Team name in the game. I have been jealous that since I joined. The Dublin Distillers with that logo is genius...or is that Guinness?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Stop it @Wolfman21 :laughing:

@Wooly there are still games to be played, well at least one. Let me know when you have exported for game 5.

As far as 7-days, I get it, but in the playoffs I don't. Especially against a team with no LHSP. I guess if you want to play a different lineup each game that's your call, but it also makes us pause at the end of each week and aligning owners can be difficult. Your time on the boards is also minimal, which I respect, but it makes coordinating that much harder.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm willing to deal Bret Johnson and/or Mosterd this season, probably for cheap too. Others will have to wait.

Wooly

So I accomplish all three of my owner's goals in one season, and how does he reward me? Cuts my budget by 2 million. He also gives me new goals to reduce my payroll by 11 million, but still increase attendance by 4k per game. Fuck you Tiago Kent, just fuck you. The goals too, they can also be fucked. I will run this team how I see fit.

Wooly

Get more fans to the stadium. Or charge the ones that are coming more.
I edited it. It is strictly attendance he wants. I already win, if you want more fans then help me win more, instead of cutting my budget and asking me to trim payroll by 10%. Honestly, I don't care what the goals are, they are arbitrary. However, I was really hoping for a nice budget increase this offseason., and he pissed me off when he cut it.