• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016 NFL Draft

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Good thing I'm running the show and not @bruin228. Jags may get Jack in the second round

IsMLRXX.gif

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

In other musings, if Myles doesn't like where he ends up on Day 2 (assuming he ends up somewhere), he might want to go CFL-bound.

evil1

I am in the minority but I like the Cowboys selection of Ezekiel Elliot. I think Ramsey would have better but Elliot is going to be really good for them.

An above average RB may still be able to get a 1,000 yds behind their offensive line, but Elliot can be a threat every time he touches the ball behind that lines. If an opposing linebacker is a step slow, an average RB gets a 5 yd gain. Elliot can turn that into a 25 yd gain. As a result, opposing defenses are going to have to game plan for him and he is going to open up the middle of the field. Most importantly, he is going to help reduce the beating that Tony Romo takes.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Looks like I missed quite the show last night. So with Tunsil admitting he took money from an Ole Piss coach. What are the chances the NCAA actually slaps them around?

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Agreed with Evil.

I would have picked Ramsey, but I think Elliott is completely defensible, which is not something I say about Jerry's decisions very often.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I know absolutely nothing about the guy the saints picked

I actually tuned into the Penguins/Capitals game after the saints pick

it was......interesting

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I have no idea about the guy the Lions picked but just glad he wasn't a reach and they were able to add pretty much a can't-miss pick to the offensive line, considering they fucked themselves out of a more impactful draft position by needlessly winning games late in the season. How is tank job formed?

jdlikewhoa

I have no idea about the guy the Lions picked but just glad he wasn't a reach and they were able to add pretty much a can't-miss pick to the offensive line, considering they fucked themselves out of a more impactful draft position by needlessly winning games late in the season. How is tank job formed?
They should've attended my class at the winter meetings.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
And the thumbs down picks weren't even that bad.

There were actually three. Two involved trades. The other was Tunsil.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The WaPo version of that was much better.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Ma'thoughts:
  • What a world...Tunsil passes all drug tests while at Ole Miss and the combine, has a video leak of him smoking (who knows from when) and meanwhile, Joey Bosa goes with the 3rd pick?
  • The fact that Leonard Floyd was so coveted shows how shallow pass rushers were in this draft. Multiple people drafted after him will outperform him (Lawson, Spence, etc...) and have the Bears regretting this one.
  • Eli Apple looks like a twink.
  • Loved Treadwell and his little girl up on the stage. Thought that was a cool moment.
  • Corey Coleman is going to be a bonafide stud, and RGIII will make the Pro Bowl within the next 2 years.
  • Artie Burns is a bum who got abused anytime he faced a decent passing team.
  • Panthers taking a DT? Wat? Other needs were there, and if they were taking BPA, then they could have traded down.
  • Multiple "experts" have called Ryan Kelly to the Colts as a "safe" pick. Drafting an offensive lineman out of Alabama is anything but safe. Bust after bust after bust...
  • Karl Joseph is going to be so, so good. Love what the Raiders have done this offseason.
  • Titans deciding to trade back up made sense...until the pick was announced.
  • Kendall Fuller is going to drop to the Patriots, and I'm going to be pissed.
  • Buffalo is going to take a QB in round 2, and my head will explode.
  • There are soooo many quality DT's left. Which makes the Packers/Panthers picks all that more perplexing.
-YTC

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
The Browns quest to obtain every pick for the '17 draft continues. But for once I like what the Browns did, they turned the #2 pick into:
  1. Corey Coleman, the first wide receiver drafted. A fast WR, playmaker, something they have needed for years and years.
  2. A first-round pick in 2017 from Philadelphia.
  3. A second-round pick in 2017 from Tennessee.
  4. A second-round pick in 2018 from Philadelphia.
  5. Two third-round picks (No. 76 and 77) in this draft.
  6. A fourth-round pick (No. 100) in this draft.
  7. The Browns also traded a 2017 fourth-rounder to Philadelphia and the 176th pick in this draft to Tennessee.
I hope they stick at #32 though and don't trade from it. But it sounds like they will try to move it. I would like Cook but not with this pick, I'd be much happier if they could someone get him in the 3rd. Although QBs are notoriously drafted well too high, so if they want him they might have to grab him.

Wolfman21

Ma'thoughts:
  • What a world...Tunsil passes all drug tests while at Ole Miss and the combine, has a video leak of him smoking (who knows from when) and meanwhile, Joey Bosa goes with the 3rd pick?
  • The fact that Leonard Floyd was so coveted shows how shallow pass rushers were in this draft. Multiple people drafted after him will outperform him (Lawson, Spence, etc...) and have the Bears regretting this one.
  • Eli Apple looks like a twink.
  • Loved Treadwell and his little girl up on the stage. Thought that was a cool moment.
  • Corey Coleman is going to be a bonafide stud, and RGIII will make the Pro Bowl within the next 2 years.
  • Artie Burns is a bum who got abused anytime he faced a decent passing team.
  • Panthers taking a DT? Wat? Other needs were there, and if they were taking BPA, then they could have traded down.
  • Multiple "experts" have called Ryan Kelly to the Colts as a "safe" pick. Drafting an offensive lineman out of Alabama is anything but safe. Bust after bust after bust...
  • Karl Joseph is going to be so, so good. Love what the Raiders have done this offseason.
  • Titans deciding to trade back up made sense...until the pick was announced.
  • Kendall Fuller is going to drop to the Patriots, and I'm going to be pissed.
  • Buffalo is going to take a QB in round 2, and my head will explode.
  • There are soooo many quality DT's left. Which makes the Packers/Panthers picks all that more perplexing.
-YTC

Think that's a big reason the redskins went for doctson. The drop from doctson to the receivers that will be available at their next pick is much greater than the drop from the DT they would have gotten at 22 and the one they can get in the 2nd round

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The Browns quest to obtain every pick for the '17 draft continues. But for once I like what the Browns did, they turned the #2 pick into:
  1. Corey Coleman, the first wide receiver drafted. A fast WR, playmaker, something they have needed for years and years.
  2. A first-round pick in 2017 from Philadelphia.
  3. A second-round pick in 2017 from Tennessee.
  4. A second-round pick in 2018 from Philadelphia.
  5. Two third-round picks (No. 76 and 77) in this draft.
  6. A fourth-round pick (No. 100) in this draft.
  7. The Browns also traded a 2017 fourth-rounder to Philadelphia and the 176th pick in this draft to Tennessee.
I hope they stick at #32 though and don't trade from it. But it sounds like they will try to move it. I would like Cook but not with this pick, I'd be much happier if they could someone get him in the 3rd. Although QBs are notoriously drafted well too high, so if they want him they might have to grab him.

Foot-Moneyball!

jonah_hill.gif

bruin

don't mind the Chiefs trading down. Two 2's now.

I'd like to see them try to get
Spence
Billings
Michael Thomas
B Miller
Mackensie Alexander

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

Seriously, it wouldn't shock me if the Cowboys took Cook in the 2nd round if the Browns don't pick him. Need a solid backup given Romo's glass shoulder.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I'd agree with that. By all accounts everyone here saying Browns will trade down, even if it is a couple of spots. Who knows though.

guardman23

Drafting linemen from a spread system is not wise but almost all of the teams now don't do any 7 step drops from under center Ryan Kelly will be OK at center I think

Brick

wait dak Prescott is in this draft and he's behind all of these other people? lmfao. will he get drafted?