• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Coaches' Hot Seat/ Carousel 2015-16

Renegade

Charge on!
Off the top of my head, 20 guys SC should have hired instead of Mustchomp, not including guys who signed elsewhere that they should have targeted first since they had so flipping long to figure it out! So no Babers, Durkin, etc., just because they're dumb. So, in no particular order...

1. Mark Hudspeth
2. Shane Beamer
3. Lane Kiffin
4. Brent Venables
5. Tommy Tuberville
6. Gene Chizik
7. Doug Meacham
8. Kevin Wilson
9. Jeff Brohm
10. Todd Monken
11. Skip Holtz
12. Troy Calhoun
13. Sonny Dykes
14. Mike MacIntyre
15. Greg Schiano
16. Willie Fritz
17. Scott Satterfield
18. Doc Holliday
19. Mike Smith (ex-Falcons HC)
20. Cale Gundy

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I think muschamp can succeed at South Carolina. I really don't see it as that bad of a hire.

Yes his offenses was shit but he's still a top notch recruiter and will end up with a good defense in 2-3 years. The experience could end up being a lessons learned and he gives more control of the offense to roper. At the very least, South Carolina ends up with a shitton of real talent for the next coach.

Renegade

Charge on!
Can't believe a shitheel like Mustchomp gets another job a year after his spectacular failure (and seeing how a well coached team can win their [weak] division), but my boy Ed O is still getting fucked over for losing at a school that celebrates losing (the war).

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Agreed. Anytime you have the chance to hire a giant doofus who went 10-25 you gotta unleash the dragon.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
We will see what kind of recruiter he is at SC and not Florida. And when every other school continually points out how bad he sucked at Florida and he will likely be fired in 2-3 years.

atlbraves

WELCOME CORCH MUSCHAMP

muschampleaf.0.gif

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I still can't over SC hiring Muschamp and UGA firing Richt for Smart lol. The SEC East just got a lot easier for TN, though.

mcnoles

Dana Holgorsen: Latest News, Rumors, Speculation on West Virginia Coach's Future.

As of Monday evening, the decision had not been made. All of the principals — Gee, Lyons and Holgorsen — were in New York.
[...]
When reached Monday, Lyons said he had no comment on Holgorsen’s status. Reliable sources, however, have said the athletic director and coach have talked about the situation a couple times. Those discussions will continue in the coming days.

More on this.

PSUEagle

Ken Niumatalolo's in the running to be the HC at BYU.

Kind of hoping it happens: would be a really interesting hire on a lot of different fronts. The one thing that would be strange, though: the Cougars not being a pass heavy team for the first time in two generations.

DanishDonut0

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
lol, why do I feel like they probably just moved those staff meetings to another day rather than canceling them?

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Meet the Mormons was the name of a documentary the LDS Church put out last year highlighting several people, including KN. Hence the name of the site. Basically he follows BYU's structure of not having meetings on Sunday. I'm sure they have them another day. And I wouldn't be surprised if the person who wrote that doesn't know enough about football to understand that.

Craig7835

Ok so Muschump hires old man Ellis Johnson who was fired by Southern Miss by going 0-11 in his ONLY year,goes to Auburn where his defense was so=so in his 1st year but then he started tohave brain farts with playcalling in his final 2 years & plus was crying wolf about retiring so he can spend time with his wife & family more & now he's back coaching? Yeah ok

Craig7835

Muschamp should hire Mazzone as OC.

For what to fire him the next season because he didn't like the offenses direction? Muschump's track record with OC's is deplorable

Charlie Weis with the Erdhardt Perkins system didn't work because he had that shitty ass QB named John Brantley

Brent Pease's Boise State Offense got them to the Sugar Bowl in Muschump's next year & the following year it do to much

Ken Roper was brought in from Duke because he ran that high octane Pro Spread that got the Blue Devils in a bowl & that didn't work because of a shitty QB named Jeff Driskel

Craig7835

Ken Niumatalolo's in the running to be the HC at BYU.

Kind of hoping it happens: would be a really interesting hire on a lot of different fronts. The one thing that would be strange, though: the Cougars not being a pass heavy team for the first time in two generations.

They weren't pass heavy this season were they?

Renegade

Charge on!
BYU needs to go back to the old offense and forget about the hurry-up stuff. Air it out and match that with a power ground game. They certainly don't need to be running the flexbone with the linemen they can get. I have a hard time seeing Ken leaving Navy, especially since he sees how PJ has struggled at Georgia Tech. Of course, if he does leave, does PJ do everyone a favor and go back to Navy?

Lightningwar

Administrator
Heh that is all Bama needs. A top notch DC and amazing recruiter. Anyways was the reason why Smart didnt retain Pruitt because he plans to coach the defense?

Craig7835

That sack of shit Holgorsen will be back next year.

Best home schedule in recent memory wasted on a lame duck asshole coach.

So in other words,WVU had an easy schedule at home & still finished the year with a losing season? WTF is going with your team & I know it's something else beside the coach

Craig7835

Heh that is all Bama needs. A top notch DC and amazing recruiter. Anyways was the reason why Smart didnt retain Pruitt because he plans to coach the defense?

As of now Kirby is.I don't know who he plans on hiring as Georgia's DC but I think he make take a shot at Brent Venables but I don't think he's going anywhere.

Renegade

Charge on!
Another name floating around at ECU is Randy Edsall. Whoever they end up hiring, sound like the AD sucks. ECU is a good G5 job, and I think the AD has poisoned the well by firing a decently successful alumnus coach and then conducting a piss poor search himself.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
ECU's candidates are Randy Edsall and Brady Hoke? Holy shit.

I actually think Hoke would be a decent hire for a mid level MAC or MWC team, but ECU can definitely do better than that.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I just like to think that ECU knew their options were Hoke and Edsall and they decided to fire Ruffin anyway. Fuck.