• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2052/2053 HUNGER GAMES - Donate 9 Players by THURSDAY or it is Cancelled

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I gave @bruin228 approval for his player, but he promised that he'll donate the $200k cash if it is required to allow whoever selects him to make it work if they don't have any $. The point of that rule is to avoid salary dumps and to make sure the players can be traded without the Os having to do a bunch of clusterfucking with cash to figure out how to make the budgets work. I think we can stretch it to about $2M that's the max to avoid salary dumping or budget issues with mongoLloyds who spent every single dime in FA.

I think @bruin228's guy and @Yankee151's guy both fit the spirit of hunger games, so I'll allow them. @NML is an idiot doe.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@bruin228 @bruin if you see another player you'd rather have with your hunger games pick, I'll just send you Pat 4 free and tribute someone else. Let me know before the official start, least @Orlando murder him.

NML

It's impossible he's not my player. I know because I tried to find a way to not get him after I made the trade for Gonnet.

Half the tributes last year were FAs

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The best part about HG is trying to donate a guy who is good enough to be a positive player, but not so good to tempt the first few horrible teams to take them because they'll just have their hopes and dreams crushed. You need a decent player to fall to a decent team, like I had happen with JESUS last season.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Seriously doe, claiming a player off waivers and then naming them tribute is against the spirit of the HG and falls under the "don't be a trog" general umbrella rule. Just donate some other dummy, @NML.

Another PLOT TWIST rule. Next year is the 75th Anniversary of the Hunger Games in the WBL (we may perceive this to be the 3rd edition, but time moves strangely these days). Since it will be an anniversary edition, the player who wins the Hunger Games title this season will AUTOMATICALLY be forced back into the Hunger Games tribute pool just like Katniss and Penis in Hunger Games 2!

NML

It's not like I claimed him for this purpose. He was going to be my starting RF. Then LC stopped dragging his feet and made the deal for Gonnet the next day.

In terms of starz or BTT rating, he's like my fifth best player :laughing: I can donate someone worse I guess.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Yildi can go in, but I should get the benefit (draft pick if he wins, doesn't count to give NML a Hunger Games selection etc)

Yildi could be a decent DH.

NML

Yildi can go in, but I should get the benefit (draft pick if he wins, doesn't count to give NML a Hunger Games selection etc)

Yildi could be a decent DH.

If you wanted him (and the benefit) you should've kept him. He mine now homie

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
If you wanted him (and the benefit) you should've kept him. He mine now homie

I was posting from a phone earlier.

I don't care if Yildi goes in the Hunger Games -- if you don't want him and I don't want him and he makes the Games stronger, let's put him in.

But guys on the Waiver Wire have already been donated to the league. You shouldn't get the reward of participating in the Hunger Games (getting a selection, potential draft pick) for donating someone still on my roster.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
My guy is the best player even if he the most expensive.

Fun fact, I non tendered him in arb but he somehow made his way back into my org anyways. FFFFUUU

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If he goes to a winning team he should do great I think. His desire for win is very high but so is his work ethic, so he just gets petulant. 3 solid pitches and good control, he shouldn't be as bad as he was

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
But there's legitimately ZERO reason why other than he was on my team. He gon win the hunger games for sure if he goes to a team with an above .500 record, maybe throw in a TEAM LEADER in the bullpen with him and he's golden.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He'd win the Hunger Games as a rigger for sure. Come here and let DOUGLASS take you under his wing...

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
But there's legitimately ZERO reason why other than he was on my team. He gon win the hunger games for sure if he goes to a team with an above .500 record, maybe throw in a TEAM LEADER in the bullpen with him and he's golden.

You have been a noted blamer of records for player performance for years on this site.

I'm tempted to block the HAVES and stash him in AAA just in case you're onto something, though.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm surprised Yankee is giving up on him with Decker on that roster. He would have been much better this season, obviously. LAWD I coveted Decker, I can't believe I didn't trade for him earlier. I got this shithead Juarez on my team causing trouble and making TAGG work overtime to keep the peace.