• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2050-2051 OFF SEASON THREAD (GET YOUR WBL ROSTERS DOWN TO 25 MEN)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Shouldn't it be $5M? That is what he was "awarded." $6.6M is his estimate for next season.

No holds are barred after first arb is awarded (this is because he should always want a raise, I doubt any player would ever ask for less than he is being paid this year). That is actually probably the best way to go about it now.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Should I start at $5M or offer something more realistic? He currently wants 1 year for $7.5M.
If he only wants one year you might have trouble signing him to more and for less than his estimate this year. If you don't want to piss him off I would start with the $7.5 for however many years you want and then adjust from there. Everyone has their own negotiation strategy though.

ZackMills

Have mercy
If he only wants one year you might have trouble signing him to more and for less than his estimate this year. If you don't want to piss him off I would start with the $7.5 for however many years you want and then adjust from there. Everyone has their own negotiation strategy though.

Did that. Asked for his response, got a 1 year counter offer for more money :emo:

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
You could just throw him down to A-level to demoralize him, then he should take whatever you offer.

@Reel with this fuck-shit

Look at his development. @Reel pulled that shit with a 1-1. Bum prospect, @Yankee151

Zack: Hey Schauwn...Look!! No hands

Schauwn: Oh my!!

f9a378c6bba6893c667dc249b7a52adb_zpsei82hspr.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He might not sign for longer than a year (happened to me with Roddis), or you will have to offer him a lot more money than his estimate like OU did.

ZackMills

Have mercy
He might not sign for longer than a year (happened to me with Roddis), or you will have to offer him a lot more money than his estimate like OU did.

Is there a chance he'll be more likely to talk a longer deal next season or does this mean he'll want to test FA?

I'm sure he's holding a grudge over @Reel 's abuse.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Is there a chance he'll be more likely to talk a longer deal next season or does this mean he'll want to test FA?

I'm sure he's holding a grudge over @Reel 's abuse.
Keep checking in. Maybe he will take $10m+ for a longer term? Or he may not talk longer deal until his final year of arb like Roddis has done to me.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Keep checking in. Maybe he will take $10m+ for a longer term? Or he may not talk longer deal until his final year of arb like Roddis has done to me.

I don't wanna go nuts yet. He's a liability in the OF (trying 1B this year) and has an injury history. He'll have to sign something team friendly this early. He's not worth Kim money quite yet.

@Reel

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Haswell and Juarez make up 60% of my total salary. Once Haswell is gone, Juarez will still make more than the rest of the team combined :laughing: I hope this doesn't cause any locker room strife. Douglass Tagg gonna be giving Juarez the hairy eyeball.

jdlikewhoa

I need Bish to make up his god damn mind already. If he doesn't pick me, I'm going to have $50m in space to do nothing.

This is the first time in 20 or whatever WBL/UBL off-seasons I've got into a legitimate bidding war. Fuck it at this point I just want him to say I won the war.
Lol. Only $50m? Give up now.

jdlikewhoa

Can't wait to see those rigger pitchers give up 6+ runs a game. Career years are called career years for a reason.

Reactions: doh

jdlikewhoa

It would be financially irresponsible to let all this money we have go to waste. If I lose out on Megaman, I'll just give some scrub a $50m/1 yr deal so I can have Rad write some WBL feel good charity piece.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
He could throw out TAGG as a SP in that park and he'd still throw under 4 ERA, so he'll probably keep this up

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
It would be financially irresponsible to let all this money we have go to waste. If I lose out on Megaman, I'll just give some scrub a $50m/1 yr deal so I can have Rad write some WBL feel good charity piece.
The rest of the league better hope I win Megman this sim or I'm about to scoop up every other good FA left and still have $20m.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He could throw out TAGG as a SP in that park and he'd still throw under 4 ERA, so he'll probably keep this up

Funny you should mention that, but TAGG is actually one of those players with decent pitcher ratings as well. Some 45/50s potential ratings. I'm going to send him down to AA this season to learn to become a pitcher and 1B to further increase his versatility.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

The rest of the league better hope I win Megman this sim or I'm about to scoop up every other good FA left and still have $20m.

JD offering to use his cash for good, doh threatening to use his to RUIN THE LEAGUE. #TeamJD

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Opportunities for indy dev nazi shtick and my second favorite Youtube of all time on back to back thread clicks, my day is really shaping up.