• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Reel Report OOTP Edition: San Francisco Tanners

ZackMills

Have mercy
Does stealing success rate increase as a player gets more experience? With these ratings, shouldn't Mack have stolen bases at a percentage better than 48%? And are speed and range not somewhat related? I know they aren't the same thing, but 70 speed and shit range in both infield and outfield?

Gooksta

Speed and range are not the same or correlate to each other. stealing success rate won't change on some guys.. but if he isn't successful, over the yrs, his steal attempts will go down

Also, his rate should be better.. So maybe try a player strategy change in regards to his steal attempts.. 21 attempts isn't a lot

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Speed and range somewhat correlate. You will see a slow player with good range have an average ZR because of it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Does stealing success rate increase as a player gets more experience? With these ratings, shouldn't Mack have stolen bases at a percentage better than 48%? And are speed and range not somewhat related? I know they aren't the same thing, but 70 speed and shit range in both infield and outfield?

Check out Juarez, he's always sucked.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Who else was bidding that much for this shithead? I curse @Reel 's name every time I see his name in the boxscore. Time to send $13M down to AAA again.

To me that's what I'm tombout when I say SOME PEOPLE @Reel pay too much attention to shiny ratings and zero attention to stats. He looks like he should be a really good pitcher, not All-Star level but better ratings than any starter I have. Yet he's really only had 1 good season, two slightly above average seasons, and 6 below average seasons. I'm hoping reel signed him to that contract after that one good season at least, lol.

ZackMills

Have mercy
To me that's what I'm tombout when I say SOME PEOPLE @Reel pay too much attention to shiny ratings and zero attention to stats. He looks like he should be a really good pitcher, not All-Star level but better ratings than any starter I have. Yet he's really only had 1 good season, two slightly above average seasons, and 6 below average seasons. I'm hoping reel signed him to that contract after that one good season at least, lol.

Better than any starter you have? Should we take this to the Trade Discussion Thread? :thumbsup:

My scout says he's a 3rd or 4th starter (which, for what I'm doing with my pitching staff, is all I want out of starters), but he's starting out worse this year than he did last year. -0.3 WAR is hard to achieve in 8 innings :laughing:

But yeah, @Reel rewards a 31 year old who has a career year after his first really solid year since he was 25. I just can't imagine there were a lot of "4 years, $13M" offers on the table. I bitch a lot about Niklasson, but this contract is so much worse.

ZackMills

Have mercy
you guys know its not real money right?

tumblr_mdgp6nPFEU1rxuv7ko1_500.gif

I could have bought a whole IFA with Kim's annual contract.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Put it down hard for my dogs that's locked in the bing
When you hit the bricks, new whips, fake money ain't a thing

ZackMills

Have mercy
What should I read into Mack's shitty year? Worse in every offensive and defensive category. I know he'll never be a fielder, but I was counting on at least similar offensive numbers from last season.

ZackMills

Have mercy
5) I am SUPER cheap, even with fake money. One thing that's always puzzled me about baseball is how they can afford to pay players the money they do which then leads to what i feel what their value is vs. what the market is willing to pay. So i will let a dude walk vs. pay him some (in what i feel) exorbitant amount of money. Simply put, i have not idea on how to value players when it comes to baseball which is why i probably am willing to do trades with just about anyone for some draft picks.

Mr. Kim and Mr. Niklasson disagree.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The franchise was doomed the second we expanded world wide and they stayed in the small market of Baton Rouge. They probably would have pulled the same stunt when the Spacetopia colony ships are ready, so it's best to close this unfortunate chapter of baseball history.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
One of my favorite bored afternoon at work activities is scrolling through Reel's former 1st round picks to see how dirty he did them. AAA at 18 years old then to A at 20 then back to AA at 22 Then down to A at 24 then up to AAA at 28.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Nice, I don't have to login as @Reel anymore in the draft site. Really scrubbing this place clean of the former regime.

@osick87 's video about the Crawdads is my favorite thing. He's so stressed out about how overwhelming it is, lol.

"I would find a way to enjoy this game without winning WBL games"

I still remember osick's sigh and "This...this is a lot of work" when we were going down through the minors :laughing:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The franchise was doomed the second we expanded world wide and they stayed in the small market of Baton Rouge. They probably would have pulled the same stunt when the Spacetopia colony ships are ready, so it's best to close this unfortunate chapter of baseball history.

WelcomeSign.jpg

osick87

Community Liaison
@osick87 's video about the Crawdads is my favorite thing. He's so stressed out about how overwhelming it is, lol.

"I would find a way to enjoy this game without winning WBL games"

That was like the third attempt and by far the nicest one. I shouldn't have started at like 11pm.

I was (still am to an extent) also really burnt out ootp so that definitely didn't help either.