• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 NBA Thread pelican and okc bitches

evil1

You don't have to trade Okafor, especially if he is the best of the three centers. For example, you could trade Nerlens Noel for a starting PG. :trollface:

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
or maybe the sixers are going against the smallball trend and going super big with 3 centers, a PF, and a PG just for shits and giggles

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
BECAUSE THEY HAVE THREE FUCKING CENTERS

No, that's one center in Eraserhead. You put Okafor at the 4. Embiid rides the bench for another season recovering from his foot injury. Anything the Sixers get from him is a bonus at this point. Embiid is a missed opportunity.

Who should they take? Mudiay? Take the C's sucker trade offer?

R2D2

No, that's one center in Eraserhead. You put Okafor at the 4. Embiid rides the bench for another season recovering from his foot injury. Anything the Sixers get from him is a bonus at this point. Embiid is a missed opportunity.

He's mad because they didn't trade the 3rd pick to the C's. :laughing:

evil1

Hinke has said 3's are important for success in today's NBA. He just didn't realize people were talking about three point shots.

R2D2

Joking. You guys are missing the point. This is great insurance for Embiid. If Embiid never recovers they still have Noel, and Okafor.

NML

Okafor at the 4 will get destroyed.

It's about building a roster, not just acquiring talent. That's what the Kings haven't gotten wrong for a decade. Pieces need to fit together.

I get the he was the BPA, and if you rate him highly you can take him if he's not a need. But you just took a center. He and Noel cannot play together. Okafor has to stay near the bucket or he'll be too exposed, and if you move Noel away from it you are taking away the best part of his game.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Seriously they aren't fitting in one final piece, fucking lol that you'll are laughing at them taking the guy that is not only BPA but gives them the most versatility in trade value. Shine on you crazy diamonds.

evil1

Trying to defend Philly keeping three centers is like when Minnesota tried to defend drafting back to back PGs. Heinke, (if he isn't hitting the trade phones) the new Kaaaahhhhhhhnnnnnn!

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Okafor at the 4 will get destroyed.

It's about building a roster, not just acquiring talent. That's what the Kings haven't gotten wrong for a decade. Pieces need to fit together.

I get the he was the BPA, and if you rate him highly you can take him if he's not a need. But you just took a center. He and Noel cannot play together. Okafor has to stay near the bucket or he'll be too exposed, and if you move Noel away from it you are taking away the best part of his game.

My bad, I missed where the Sixers aren't allowed to move any of their bigs and have to start all 3 at the same time :laughing:

You da bess, I'm glad you're back in the mix.

NML

Is there any starting 4 in the league that Okafor can guard?

It's a staple of the new game that the 4 can stretch the court. Okafor 15 feet from
the rim will be destroyed.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Trying to defend Philly keeping three centers is like when Minnesota tried to defend drafting back to back PGs. Heinke, (if he isn't hitting the trade phones) the new Kaaaahhhhhhhnnnnnn!

Who said they were keeping all three? Emdiid isn't even going to play, who should they have picked? They needed Russel but didn't get him, so instead they got the best player they could. Gives them options. They have two centers next year. I don't know why you keep saying they have three, unless Embiid is going to play

NML

My bad, I missed where the Sixers aren't allowed to move any of their bigs and have to start all 3 at the same time :laughing:

You da bess, I'm glad you're back in the mix.

I said in my initial post that it's only lol-worthy if they keep him (and everyone else). If they move him, it's a solid move because a lot of people had him as the best player in the draft.

R2D2

They're not going to keep three centers. If Embiid never recovers he will be gone.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I said in my initial post that it's only lol-worthy if they keep him (and everyone else). If they move him, it's a solid move because a lot of people had him as the best player in the draft.

I think they'll keep him and trade Noel honestly. They need guards, so maybe they can move Noel for a good young guard. They definitely aren't keeping all three, but they could be keeping Okafor.

NML

As per tradition, OU and I going at each other for ten posts only to realize we are saying the same thing.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The most Hinkie of all Hinkie moves would be to auction Okafor because that is the play if you're only about getting assets. If they keep him they're going to look to move both embiid and noel to fill out their team. They'll probably keep Embiid for a while though because he has to show he can play before GMs will pay for him.

This is just the easiest strategy to see, I can't believe any of you think or thought that there was a .0000001% chance they were keeping all three. Why the fuck would you think that?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
As per tradition, OU and I going at each other for ten posts only to realize we are saying the same thing.

Well you lol'd at them having three centers, which made me think you were saying they were keeping all three. I just didn't think anybody could possible have a thought like that :laughing:

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Trying to play 3 centers is like a ball and chain
Trying to play 3 centers is like a ball and chain
Sometimes the height ain't worth the sprain
It's a long way to guard a stretch 4, and it tires your mind.

Trying to play 3 centers is tearing me apart
Trying to play 3 centers is tearing me apart
One's got the offense, the other's got my defense
The third don't even fucking play, and it tires your mind.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
decent chance OKC moves out of the first round completely. 14 roster spots accounted for assuming they re-sign kanter, singler, and dump ridnour. only one spot left although they can still get payne at 14.