• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NFL: ALL HAIL THE ACID SHARKS

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Russell Wilson ex-wifes reaction to game winning pick:

ec0fe36039d492ac7dbe51ca32997e7c_large

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Maybe he was right and Pete Carroll is a great guy. He did decide one was enough and gave New England a super bowl.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Brady could play 3-5 more years barring injury. He still has that 95 MPH fastball.

Just heard on the radio driving back. Darrell bevell said RUSS audibled to that play. He's just a winner. Game mgr.

Carroll claimed he told Wilson to do so when he saw the personnel package that NE came out in. Don't know whether to believe that or not. Very possible he could be covering for Wilson or Bevell.

All schtick aside that final sequence has the potential to tear what Carroll and Schneider have been building in Seattle apart at the seams.

If they fed Marshawn Lynch the ball and scored there, not only would they have won a second Super Bowl in a row, but they would have to feel damn near invincible, after the comeback against Green Bay and the amazing play Kearse made to set it up.

Instead, somebody (Wilson, Carroll, Bevell, it almost doesn't matter) makes an ill-advised decision to go away from the identity that Carroll preaches every day--run the ball, be physical, don't turn the ball over--and it is all snatched away in an instant. I can imagine a lot of players wondering WTF happened and bitching about it, and rightly so. I think it has the potential to be really corrosive to the trust and team-first dynamic they have been cultivating.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
still Montana.

Brady enters top 3 doe.
If the 49ers LT (I think Bubba Paris) doesn't get blown by in that NFC Title Game game against the Giants, Montana probably wins a third straight SB and maybe more. He basically lost two seasons because of the injury. Rules are different in regards to QBs too now which people brought up but I think it was harder to get to the SB then too. So many great NFC teams (Bears, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys at the start of the run). Also 0 INTs for Montana in Super Bowls.

I do think one more for Brady and he passes Montana.

Poll question: Who had a worse concussion: Edelman tonight or Russ in the NFC Title game?