• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2042 Hot Stove

osick87

Community Liaison
Wait it only took two draft picks?

OU-11 playing the long con setting those Starter trade values low for when he trades for Colomo.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Of course Punch is 20m/year… any post-FA SP who is good will be around that much. You have to pay the best in the game. It's also good you're only locked in for two years.

20m/year is too much for the Cy Young winner? WTF?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Plus it completely fits into his plans of competing. You have to start building up your budget and this will do it. I bet he makes $40M this year and sits at $122M+ next year.

I also really doubt Yankee will be a top 5 pick, but anything can happen I guess.

osick87

Community Liaison
The key is to build a team where you win before having to pay them the $20m and then flip them for future assets.

doh

Wait it only took two draft picks?

OU-11 playing the long con setting those Starter trade values low for when he trades for Colomo.
Nah this is the OU starting an auction at $0.99 on eBay to drive up the interested bidders and price.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Nah this is the OU starting an auction at $0.99 on eBay to drive up the interested bidders and price.

It's more like starting it at $.99 and then stopping the auction after 2 hours and selling for $4.99 instead of waiting.

Dinosaur will be the big ticket item I guess.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That's what it means when I say the Cy Young winner and a 26 year old #2 that makes 14M for 4 years that is nearly the same to Rapley and definitely Morrero are on the block. People then contact me with their offers, a bidding process if you will.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
But now we just have Dinosaur on the block.

Who wants the Lizard?
player_10960.png

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_10960.html

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'll need it. He's an easier sell than wong though IMO. Especially when I put him #1 in the rotation and he puts up a 156 ERA+ through the first 2 months.

Lloyd Carr

Re:OU "trade makes no sense"

The guy I picked was worth going up. Berlin could have taken him, and he is better than every player left and quite a few taken before him.

Lloyd Carr

Not only is his bat promising, but he could be a decent RP. Im thinking Ill attempt to do both with him.

Given I also usually stop paying attention to the draft after round 5, I am more than happy to give up a 7th for this guy.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It is really the only offer I've received after posting forever about them. The price for a player is only what someone will pay, and since I took the one and only offer I got for him I sold him at the only price in the market

osick87

Community Liaison
Sorry. I just started paying attention again. Am also trying to replenish Minor League depth

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I actually lied. I also got offered a salary dump and a 2nd round pick for the Cy Young winner too. So out of the two prices I fielded, I picked the right one I think.

I've still only received one offer for Dino too. Wong and Dino are basically worthless pitchers.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I mean I think he should be more valuable than that, he just isn't at the moment. If I had waited until the trade deadline I'm sure his price would have gone higher. I've been wanting to help yankee out so he can't tank anymore and it was fair enough

doh

I think you made a great deal @Yankee151
Yes he did… LAWD Tankee becoming Yankee.

Also like how OU just picks up Kahl who has been between 3.61-3.78 the last four years on the cheap and will just replace these high priced guys with a cheaper option who puts up very solid numbers.

Ya'll better take notes on the OU market game…

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah Kahl will be my #5 :laughing:

Surprised you didn't bring him back, why didn't you cut him loose and resign him in FA? Good pitcher that is undervalued.

doh

Yeah Kahl will be my #5 :laughing:

Surprised you didn't bring him back, why didn't you cut him loose and resign him in FA? Good pitcher that is undervalued.
He wanted 14 per for 6 years… I was going to then I liked Park a bit more so I decided to go with him. I also saw someone else was bidding on him and wanted to scoop up Kim before I got into a bidding war. I did put out an original offer though.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
I'll need it. He's an easier sell than wong though IMO. Especially when I put him #1 in the rotation and he puts up a 156 ERA+ through the first 2 months.

As he is surrounded by top talent, I'd expect no less.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Btw you all need to set your final budgets for dev/scouting and also set up your spring training rosters

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I offered Rapley more money ($22M a year I believe). Interesting. Nice job JD.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Hmmm, seems not everyone wants to go to Sweden. I think it may be the legalized weed that drives them from here

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah I had 4 years with the final being a TO. That may have been the difference since the total value was basically the same. He wanted $24M a year from me, but I didn't want to go that high. Nice signing though. You kind of snuck in on Marrero and I figured you might stop chasing Rapley.

jdlikewhoa

I'm essentially paying for picks at this point. I'd like to keep those two and hopefully kasib and keine pan out. Gives me some flexibility to trade some of my other prospects for draft picks