• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2082 Season Thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Soonerfan09 -I'm the one bitching? I just make sensible suggestions and say I'm not demanding anything and you're all threatening to quit like fucking babies. I'm merely discussing my opinion.

As for dealing with it, I think my team is in rude health considering I've been completely deprived of resources. I've said before that I don't give a shit if everybody's happy with the current game that's based more on luck than skill. You're all frightened that you'll have to use ur brains if we get rid of lotto picks and discoveries.

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I haven't gotten into a pre-arb argument in probably 15-20 seasons... AI is better with it. I don't really care anymore. Guys with less than 2 years service time signing 7 year deals = LOL though.

IFA limiting screwed the economics of the game anyways.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
IFA and discoveries are just turdy parts of this game. I'm perfectly happy to keep them in whatever format, but to me they seem pointless, added to the game as an afterthought. All they do is allow success based purely on luck.

doh

100% disagree. IFA signing is part luck, part skill. There are strategies to put to use that I have done and others have their own.

IFA pulling is pure luck (unless you're @Wooly-roids)

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
100% disagree. IFA signing is part luck, part skill. There are strategies to put to use that I have done and others have their own.

There is skill to the signing (to a certain degree).. But the fact that they are such random prospects fucks this up. As Rad says, they should create a system where you have to put resources into developing these players.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I see nothing wrong with having randomness. How boring for everything to go exactly as planned.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I see nothing wrong with having randomness. How boring for everything to go exactly as planned.

I don't mind either, and there are plenty of other random elements to the game, but when teams win the whole thing on mostly luck (because of these two things), then the game isn't working that well. IN MY OPINION.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
No wonder @kella wants to play OOTP so much. Y'all like boomers frightened of change. It's all very cute though and as a respectful citizen I will let you all set the agenda WHILST THE WORLD BURNS.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
We could bump scouting discoveries from 3/year to like, 18/year and remove IFA, then everyone should get a good prospect!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
We could bump scouting discoveries from 3/year to like, 18/year and remove IFA, then everyone should get a good prospect!
There's an argument to keep IFA if it's possible to make it fairer but scouting discoveries are just a pile of junk and I would take them out of the game if it was up to me.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I mean no doubt discoveries are playing a large role in Karl’s success, but this isn’t the norm.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I mean no doubt discoveries are playing a large role in Karl’s success, but this isn’t the norm.

His is just an overt example. It's trash that anyone should get any elite players by this method. Even if you have one it's equivalent to being given a free 1-1. It's just implemented piss poorly in the game. There's no method or involvement, just a notification equivalent to 'UR TEAM JUST GOT A BOOST'

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Orlando , honestly, I'm cool with it, just discussing what I think the absolute weakest part of this game is. I'm happy with whatever rules.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

giphy.gif

The only skill involved is having a budget that’s not LOL p00rz so you can spend $20M-$50M every two years buying up all the potential IFA talent and waiting to see what happens. Now that everyone is limited in IFA we’re seeing this is true - the only way to end up with a legit STUD is pure luck and that assumes ur team hasn’t been a shithole for seasons and lost fan interest.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
giphy.gif

The only skill involved is having a budget that’s not LOL p00rz so you can spend $20M-$50M every two years buying up all the potential IFA talent and waiting to see what happens. Now that everyone is limited in IFA we’re seeing this is true - the only way to end up with a legit STUD is pure luck and that assumes ur team hasn’t been a shithole for seasons and lost fan interest.

Amen.

Wolfman21

Hayvis doesnt even know how to tell if a guy has turned down a contract offer or not. Why are you guys even giving him a platform in this discussion?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
i will quit if Hayvis gets anything else just to stfu

You do know how much I've been given in the past? A late second rounder (when I've had an early first impossible on me with no compensation), and a 5m budget boost because there was literally no way the game engine could cope with my borked ticket prices.

BUT SHUT THE FUCK UP HAYVIS. WE WANT OUR RETARD LEAGUE TO STAY FULL RETARD.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Now you get nothing :laughing:

It just seems like bitching for the sake of bitching. You have no clue how any of these changes would play out. It's just throwing shit at the wall. We also made big changes just a couple seasons ago, partially at your behest.

Reactions: doh

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Now you get nothing :laughing:

It just seems like bitching for the sake of bitching. You have no clue how any of these changes would play out. It's just throwing shit at the wall. We also made big changes just a couple seasons ago, partially at your behest.

I was actually going to apologise if I'd hurt your feelings. I honestly don't care whether you keep IFA and discoveries, but I won't stop pointing out that they're dumb as fuck and turn the league into a lottery.

If I was making baseless observations, I could maybe understand you in wanting me to shut up, although the rest of these forums erryones happy with a bitch fest. Somehow this is the only fragile part of Utopia. But my observations aren't even baseless - a 5 year old could appreciate what I'm saying about the game.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The most retarded bit is that I'm actually just compiling and rehashing things that have been said and noticed by various members of the league but it's somehow rejected out of hand probably because it comes from me and I'm blunt about it. It's just a total fucking nonsense. There is no way you can even tell who's the best at this game in our league because of the fuckery and luck involved. I'm sure it's not me but it certainly isn't who fucking wins it each year.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The most retarded bit is that I'm actually just compiling and rehashing things that have been said and noticed by various members of the league but it's somehow rejected out of hand probably because it comes from me and I'm blunt about it. It's just a total fucking nonsense. There is no way you can even tell who's the best at this game in our league because of the fuckery and luck involved. I'm sure it's not me but it certainly isn't who fucking wins it each year.

1576763348005.gif

Wolfman21

You're a hillbilly with learning difficulties and people still hear you out.

Learning difficulties with 2 championships and you cant even figure out when a guy turns down a contract offer without someone pointing you directly to it. What must it be like to have the IQ of a turnip?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Learning difficulties with 2 championships and you cant even figure out when a guy turns down a contract offer without someone pointing you directly to it. What must it be like to have the IQ of a turnip?

I literally suggest imo that you can be a moran and win chumpionships in this league and brain box steps right up and announces he's been cluver enough to won 2.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Wolfman is good at OOTP, though.

I don't know where to begin with this because the point isn't on firm foundation. Many of us aren't trying to be the best OOTP owner, we're trying to have fun and do well within whatever funbox we've created.

That said, the playoffs last year featured a bunch of original owners who have been playing this game for close to a decade, so I'm not sure how you can say the best teams don't win.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Being honest now @Wolfman21 , you probably are one of the best at this game as it sounds like (I don't know the exact history), you came in and won the league with few resources on little notice. I'm not going to change my opinion on this piece of shit game and how we have it set up though, even if I can't spell my own name.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Wolfman is good at OOTP, though.

I don't know where to begin with this because the point isn't on firm foundation. Many of us aren't trying to be the best OOTP owner, we're trying to have fun and do well within whatever funbox we've created.

That said, the playoffs last year featured a bunch of original owners who have been playing this game for close to a decade, so I'm not sure how you can say the best teams don't win.

Everyone taking me so serious, even though I think it's pretty easy for anyone to see that I like to stir the shit... Although actually I don't think you took me seriously. Just Karl because he feels guilty about killing my scout, prospects and players still.

Last edited:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Orlando , honestly, I'm cool with it, just discussing what I think the absolute weakest part of this game is. I'm happy with whatever rules.
I don't disagree with it taking no skill and having a lot of randomness, but I don't hate that it is there. I wouldn't miss it I guess, but I don't really have a desire to do away with it. This is coming form someone who has never had a great discovery and has always had a solid International scouting budget. I don't ever feel it has stopped me from enjoying the game or being successful.

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Ima gonna shut up about it now as lots of people have been crying about it and I want to stop the tears. I like to think of myself as compassionate.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
If the league wants to do away with discoveries that’s fine, I’m just saying that not everyone is as passionate about it as you and I don’t think it provides quite the amount of advantage you think. Seoul is an outlier in the 50 seasons we have played.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If the league wants to do away with discoveries that’s fine, I’m just saying that not everyone is as passionate about it as you and I don’t think it provides quite the amount of advantage you think. Seoul is an outlier in the 50 seasons we have played.

As someone who has had to play entirely on limited resources I have to respectfully disagree. I would be in a much stronger position if I had just one or two more elite players. You don't need a whole team full like Soul to gain a good advantage. But that's all I'm saying now.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

This is the ShookWolf we've all been missing! G-d am I glad ur back babby.

I don't disagree with it taking no skill and having a lot of randomness, but I don't hate that it is there. I wouldn't miss it I guess, but I don't really have a desire to do away with it. This is coming form someone who has never had a great discovery and has always had a solid International scouting budget. I don't ever feel it has stopped me from enjoying the game or being successful.

Until very recently I kept my scouting budget at like $2M and all of it went to the international market. Since Ploeg is the anti-scout putting money into the independent, minor, or major league scouting was a waste of money so I just went MAX on the development budget and used OSA for anyone that wasn't an IFA. Surprisingly the best IFA I ever developed looked like a total BUM when I signed him for $362K but is now a legit Hall of Famer and still producing at almost 35. None of the scout international finds have done shit for me other than get injured once they graduated the IC or got to AA. Osick, Karl, Travis, and NML have all had amazing international scouting finds that actually made it to the show and be legit WBL talent to HOF quality. No idea if they all maxed out their DEV and SCOUT budgets but I'm at the point where I might have to start shifting money to SCOUT and fire Ploeg.

Ima gonna shut up about it now as lots of people have been crying about it and I want to stop the tears. I like to think of myself as compassionate.

We can all play hate on LV and Seoul being HAVEs with international scouting finds but the randomness of the game is probably the only thing that keeps me semi-invested in playing OOTP. Again, my only legit IFA (Narvaes) was a bum that randomly popped and became an MVP within two seasons when my DEV budget was around $4M (it's been the MAX for the past 10 seasons). If he hadn't developed I wouldn't have had the "success" (as pathetic as it has been) that I have the past 10 seasons. It would be nice if Ploeg randomly found a starter that wasn't made out of glass or an outfielder that can hit and field but I'll take the random DEV bumps that OOTP gives us over the pur MINIMAX strategy most of the other online OOTP leagues use.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Ima gonna join the trogs and am signing an outstanding int scout (no Legendary available because the trogs have prolly taken them) and shoving all 12 million up his ass to see what he does. Not sure if I will just give what he finds to the needy (if he ever does).

doh

There is no way you can even tell who's the best at this game in our league because of the fuckery and luck involved. I'm sure it's not me but it certainly isn't who fucking wins it each year.
Are you saying I suck?

IFA randomness is a very, very small part of the game. The game is not rocket science. There are like 30 free agents still out there that would help most teams win. But auto IFA is totally random (unless you're @Wooly).

BTW-- what International Finds have I gotten @TonyGin&Juice? I don't think I've gotten one worth a damn since Quinney in 2070.

doh

You have no clue how any of these changes would play out. It's just throwing shit at the wall. We also made big changes just a couple seasons ago, partially at your behest.
It's almost like the Lenin + Hayvis combo had no clue about how any of the economics of the game work and by changing things made things worse for HAVE NOTs.

BTW-- there is no such thing as HAVE and HAVE NOTS since we moved from UBL to WBL. The only thing that determines budgets is how good you are at the game. This isn't the old UBL where SLC sucked and had a $230m budget while KWest was great with a $130m budget.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Are you saying I suck?

IFA randomness is a very, very small part of the game. The game is not rocket science. There are like 30 free agents still out there that would help most teams win. But auto IFA is totally random (unless you're @Wooly).

BTW-- what International Finds have I gotten @TonyGin&Juice? I don't think I've gotten one worth a damn since Quinney in 2070.

Haha. No! I am saying you can't tell who's the best at the game. It's obfuscated by too much chance.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It's almost like the Lenin + Hayvis combo had no clue about how any of the economics of the game work and by changing things made things worse for HAVE NOTs.

BTW-- there is no such thing as HAVE and HAVE NOTS since we moved from UBL to WBL. The only thing that determines budgets is how good you are at the game. This isn't the old UBL where SLC sucked and had a $230m budget while KWest was great with a $130m budget.

Btw, things absolutely haven't got worse for me. The financials are working very well and I have a couple of IFA prospects that I in no way would have had without the cap. Don't want another argument but what your saying isn't based in my experience of being a have not.

doh

Btw, things absolutely haven't got worse for me. The financials are working very well and I have a couple of IFA prospects that I in no way would have had without the cap. Don't want another argument but what your saying isn't based in my experience of being a have not.
Your financials are better because you are actively trying to win.