• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2082 Season Thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
This one?

https://statsplus.net/nwbl/

Sorry with all the schick and @hayvis bitching about what's bothering him about the league at that moment, things get missed.

It's @Travis7401 is the serial complainer now, insisting his budget screwed for no reason and expecting fans to love him when he refuses to give them BAT POWER, like we do in Paris. Also I have signed the Maritimes ex scout. Were they any good, Travis?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I’m watching Deep Space 9 and there’s an episode where they put together a holodeck baseball team to play the Vulcans. The Deep Space 9 crew team name is the Niners, I’m dead :laughing:

I don’t know that this is a sim glitch, just an episode written by a weird baseball astronaut like me.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Who still needs the .dat file?

tenor.gif

Wolfman21

have they changed how catchers progress at positions or something? I've got a kid in AA, his name is Okay Dursun, he spent all of last season in A ball and has spent most of this season in A ball before I just moved him up to AA. He has 55 catcher ability and 60 catcher arm. He started out with a 35 rating at catcher before last season when he started his first professional season in A ball. He STILL has a 35 rating at catcher even though his defense in the minors through his first two seasons has been above average. I'm not sure why that 35 rating hasn't advanced any

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
have they changed how catchers progress at positions or something? I've got a kid in AA, his name is Okay Dursun, he spent all of last season in A ball and has spent most of this season in A ball before I just moved him up to AA. He has 55 catcher ability and 60 catcher arm. He started out with a 35 rating at catcher before last season when he started his first professional season in A ball. He STILL has a 35 rating at catcher even though his defense in the minors through his first two seasons has been above average. I'm not sure why that 35 rating hasn't advanced any

He's still really young. I felt like Bainton's position rating went up more from a few weeks of spring training than full minor league seasons.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member

I think it's intelligence. Casey Hamilton took ages to achieve his potential and he was 21 when I drafted him but he's thick as pig shit. I had to play him for three seasons in the WBL behind veteran catchers before he was good enough to be a starter and even then he still wanted to play backup. I think he's set now, so I gave him an extension. I have a few of these dim players and I think the rule is get them there slowly and then don't change things for them.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The league seems to have gone stale. Some kind of reboot needed. What about a fantasy supplemental draft where everyone can pick five elite prospects? @Yankee151 can design them.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus - I was thinking we could generate novelty circus players for the supplemental draft and make them 4' 5 but with massive 102 mph throws or 6' but 70 lbs with an 80/80 power bat and give them all names like 'Rusty Nuts' and "The Great Zerillo". It would help us recognise the top performers.