• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Year 9, Week 7

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
User vs User

Tenn vs Michigan
Georgia vs Nebraska
Louisville vs Notre Dame

Baylor vs USC
Iowa State vs Ok State
Ohio St vs Arizona
Arkansas vs South Carolina
Texas vs California

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
dc5d8cb641f46b9477440acadae02157.jpg

I have a fan.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
The defense on this game is laughable. 46 defense was created to defeat the I formation. @bluejay13 lines up in the I and Rams it down my throat like I'm a dirty whore. Makes me want to pull my hair out. *rage*

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I have a good offense schematically and talent-wise. All you have to do to stop me is load the box. Every defense I have faced has involved a pinched line and insane blitzes on every down. Even I have resorted to this because everyone does it because there's nothing the offense can do to counter it except have an incredible QB like @bluejay13 has.

I've tried to be patient with this, but I'm done. I'd much rather play you guys with stock sliders in a lobby than deal with this. Good luck.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I have a good offense schematically and talent-wise. All you have to do to stop me is load the box. Every defense I have faced has involved a pinched line and insane blitzes on every down. Even I have resorted to this because everyone does it because there's nothing the offense can do to counter it except have an incredible QB like @bluejay13 has.

I've tried to be patient with this, but I'm done. I'd much rather play you guys with stock sliders in a lobby than deal with this. Good luck.

To extrapolate, modern offenses use basic rules to choose between run & pass. In this OD, an 8 man box should be a pass call, but between lag & sliders you can't do that.

I refuse to believe I'm just a bad player after playing for over a decade and spending a ton of time studying playbooks and film to understand the game. I'm especially not 40 points worse than you guys. I know exactly what you're doing, but the game does not allow me to stop it. Period.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
And I fully expect all of this to fall on deaf ears. I'm going to start testing new sliders if anyone wants to join me. This simply isn't fun. L

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
And I fully expect all of this to fall on deaf ears. I'm going to start testing new sliders if anyone wants to join me. This simply isn't fun. L

I don't think you are giving yourself enough time to adjust, but it's your call. Also @bluejay13 team is probably the most talented in the league.

I just scored 41 against @Flanntastic 99 OVR team with a pro style UC offense and my #1 HB had 178 yds. You got to remember that the core of this league has been playing it for 8 seasons straight. We have an advantage in reps and talent.

bluejay13

@JSU Zack dude you have the schematics down you just need to get the talent level up to par. This is the best team I have ever fielded and my offensive line returned everybody from last year. In recruiting I prioritize offensive and defensive lineman above all else. I came from a powerhouse high school with a great coach that I learned blocking schemes from. My offensive line is built on acceleration for a quick first step and punch. On defense I rarely blitz because I read and react to what blocks your lineman give me. If you have a play-action pass with a guard faking a pull block that would really screw my scheme up. Hate to see you go! Please reconsider!

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
@JSU Zack dude you have the schematics down you just need to get the talent level up to par. This is the best team I have ever fielded and my offensive line returned everybody from last year. In recruiting I prioritize offensive and defensive lineman above all else. I came from a powerhouse high school with a great coach that I learned blocking schemes from. My offensive line is built on acceleration for a quick first step and punch. On defense I rarely blitz because I read and react to what blocks your lineman give me. If you have a play-action pass with a guard faking a pull block that would really screw my scheme up. Hate to see you go! Please reconsider!

I know the talent gap is huge, but only scoring 3 points is the equivalent of try to crawl and falling straight on your face. Even a 49-14 score would make me feel differently, but I have a 95 OVR QB with a 40% completion percentage. My offense revolves around the pass game because I don't have a running QB. Too many things stacked against me to bother.

Recruiting with 0 XP led me to have a terrible recruiting class last year. It's not going to get better.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Well thanks for playing. No use doing it if it causes this mush aggravation (I think we've all been there). I do believe you would have figured it out eventually.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
@JSU Zack I think @NavyHog is right, the initial adjustment is a bit tough especially with the talent gap. I think you have a good grasp at what you want to do and what is going to happen, but the talent isn't allowing you to do what you want to do and you might not be sure how to account for that within the framework of the game.

Defense is tough in this game, in part because everything is backwards. I know the real football common sense is to be in a 46, load up the box vs run heavy sets but that just doesn't work. Those defenses never seem to set the edge and you end up allowing a bunch of perimeter runs. I would also as if you're in man or zone? Man defense in this game is garbage vs the run, but most of the blitzes are man blitzes. Honestly, I do the best against the run by just sitting in Cover 2 or Cover 3 and coming up in aggressive run support with the FS.

Unfortunately, sometimes you have to work against conventional football knowledge to make things work here. Especially defensively. I've essentially dumbed down my defense to 4 play calls. Cover 2 Invert, Cover 3, Cover 6 and typically one or two blitzes. I can get to all 4 calls via audibles and I keep the same base 11 on the field pretty much all game.

I have a handful of emergency plays/formations on defense to go to against people running something exotic, against @NavyHog I found myself in a Bear front to account for his option game. Any time I play people who use a bunch of 3x1 formations, I find myself in regular Nickel sets a bunch.

Just have to know how the defense reacts to and aligns to certain formations and sets.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Alright, @TXHusker05 has talked me back into rejoining, but I'm going to rejoin at Bama to be on a similar talent level. I would have joined as them in the beginning, but they were taken. Password?

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Alright, @TXHusker05 has talked me back into rejoining, but I'm going to rejoin at Bama to be on a similar talent level. I would have joined as them in the beginning, but they were taken. Password?

Bama's roster is not very good. Good young QB, all the good RBs grad, WR good and the OL is going to get you killed.

Defense is okay, decent front 7, secondary meh.

You've been warned.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Hey man it's all about the "U". They actually have a good roster that is young. Clemson isn't bad either.

I'm still looking through different teams.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Bama's roster is not very good. Good young QB, all the good RBs grad, WR good and the OL is going to get you killed.

Defense is okay, decent front 7, secondary meh.

You've been warned.

Playing as Bama is one more reason for me to stay. As long as it's ok with everyone else and doesn't mess up the conference. They're still in the Big Ten, right?

Akecheta

I almost picked the U over ND.

I would like to test the theory I posted before. Have Walter bump coaches to maybe lvl 7. Adv then have you jump back in

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
OU is really good on defense and has a very good OL.

Skill positions are average.

I would go Miami, OU and Clemson over Bama when you look at the underclass men.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I'm gonna go with Bama even though they suck. They're my favorite FBS team (Dad went there). Rolllllll Tahd.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Playing as Bama is one more reason for me to stay. As long as it's ok with everyone else and doesn't mess up the conference. They're still in the Big Ten, right?

Doesn't matter to me, but there is no talent upgrade by switching from Michigan to Bama. Bama has 8 OL on its roster and 5 of them are 77 and below (2 in the 50s). 5 HBs, 3 are seniors, with the 2 FR in the 60s.

Defense is actually good and young.

Just saying your talent isn't going to better than it was before. Just trying to help you out. I would pick Miami, but I can see why you would want to play with your home state.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Actually Bama is back in the SEC.

One last thing and I will shut up. Bruin's old California team is absolutely loaded everywhere. That's actually the best option by far.

Search for TXhusker05 and I think the password is nutopia.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Actually Bama is back in the SEC.

One last thing and I will shut up. Bruin's old California team is absolutely loaded everywhere. That's actually the best option by far.

Search for TXhusker05 and I think the password is nutopia.

Yeah, that Cal team is loaded, but I'd probably kill myself for not picking my team when it's open. Hopefully, @Walter323 will move me back into the B1G at year end. Season is halfway over, and that may give me time to get used to the sliders.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Alright. Back in. Yeah, lots of seniors this year at Bama. The good news is I have the right players to run my system.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
In a shootout at Mizzou. Both teams have 200+ passing yards in one half of football. 28-17 Bama lead.

I swear, these sliders are bipolar!

Akecheta

I've kind of figured out how to stop the run game.. but I always give up 300+ yards in passing. and I have a horrible time getting pressure, with or without blitzing