• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Year 9 week 6

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
@LEGEND When works for you? Not sure what your schedule is like these days. I can play just about any time Thursday night, probably from around 5pm on, but I would need to get an idea beforehand so I could move some other far less important than NCAA stuff around.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Michigan comes back from a 14 point halftime lead to win 20-17. Cal misses two field goals late after starting the game hot.

This game was really a back and forth battle. I'm assuming Cal used to be a user team, but they were stacked everywhere. My game plan worked perfectly even though it was a slow start. Running backs came up huge. QB got on fire in the 4th quarter on the game-winning drive.

The key call was early in the fourth quarter in 4th & 2. I had the choice of kicking or going for it. I decided to take the 3 points, and that became the difference in the ball game.

My defense came up big too. Cal wen no huddle all game, and it took me two quarters to get used to it and find a package that worked. 3 points allowed in the 2nd half allowed me to stick to my game plan and run the ball.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Michigan comes back from a 14 point halftime lead to win 20-17. Cal misses two field goals late after starting the game hot.

This game was really a back and forth battle. I'm assuming Cal used to be a user team, but they were stacked everywhere. My game plan worked perfectly even though it was a slow start. Running backs came up huge. QB got on fire in the 4th quarter on the game-winning drive.

The key call was early in the fourth quarter in 4th & 2. I had the choice of kicking or going for it. I decided to take the 3 points, and that became the difference in the ball game.

My defense came up big too. Cal wen no huddle all game, and it took me two quarters to get used to it and find a package that worked. 3 points allowed in the 2nd half allowed me to stick to my game plan and run the ball.

Sounds like my game vs USC, I was getting blown off the ball all game long and it took a two score comeback and 2 OT to win. Those former user teams are brutal.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator

did @bruin228 quit?

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
What happened to that homo

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk 2

Speaking of homo you wanna play tonight around 9:30 pm - 10 pm EST? I'm on the road so I going into the game expecting to lose by 14.

Walter323

Speaking of homo you wanna play tonight around 9:30 pm - 10 pm EST? I'm on the road so I going into the game expecting to lose by 14.
e145e8a320920aa48f4247ca216eb8bbdf6b0782282b1f1a8ff94db9da21f312.jpg

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
@LEGEND I messaged you on XBL earlier as well but since it doesn't look like tonight will happen, how does your Friday look? I don't think I could get on before 7pm eastern but I might be able to make something work if you just had to play earlier in the afternoon for some reason.

Just let me know, on here preferably since I wouldn't be able to check XBL messages until I got home.

LEGEND

@LEGEND I messaged you on XBL earlier as well but since it doesn't look like tonight will happen, how does your Friday look? I don't think I could get on before 7pm eastern but I might be able to make something work if you just had to play earlier in the afternoon for some reason.

Just let me know, on here preferably since I wouldn't be able to check XBL messages until I got home.
I can play anytime from 4pm est up to 8:30 pm. The earlier... The better!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I can play anytime from 4pm est up to 8:30 pm. The earlier... The better!

I think 7pm eastern is about the earliest I can play. I will try my best to get home closer to 6 though and start right after.

LEGEND

Heh.. Same ole' broken record! Quarterback can't hit wide open guys for nearly 3 qtr's... But my opponent Qb needs only 3 screen passes. After that he can make any pass he wants... BS!

Dropped int's continue but opponent catches his when needed. LoL

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Good game @LEGEND, sorry I was running plays at the end rather than taking a knee but my offensive special teams menu was gone the entire game and I didn't want to have to keep exiting backwards to the pick plays by play type menu just to take a knee so I was just calling dives instead.

Nebraska wins 38-17 in Waco. Head Coach Tom Osborne stuck with the RS FR QB Seth Mack who delivered in a big way, throwing 25 of 34 for 355 yards and 3 TD in the win. The Huskers added 160 yards on 21 carries on the ground for 515 total, converting 5 of 7 3rd downs and all 4 red zone trips into touchdowns.

The Husker defense was fantastic, with help from some atrocious quarterback play by the Bears. Baylor still totaled 366 yards, running 16 times for 75 yards and throwing 14 of 31 for 291 and a TD. The Bears were just 1 of 9 on 3rd down and were only able to score a field goal and a touchdown on three red zone opportunities.

Seth Mack was the star for Nebraska, completing 73% of his passes (25-34) for 355 yards, 3 TD and an INT. Tailback Herb Poland struggled all game rushing, with 75 of his 120 yards coming on a single touchdown run late in the game. The remaining 12 carries went for just 45 yards. He did add 21 yards receiving through the air.

Tight End Thomas McBridge was the preferred target for Mack, catching 9 passes for 125 yards and a TD. Receiver Tyler Flynn caught 4 passes for 103 yards and 6'6" receiver Will Holt caught 4 for 40. Slot receiver Erik Harris and backup TE Max Dorsey added touchdowns.

Defensively, the Huskers had two sacks, an INT at the goal line and three pass deflections. Kicker Cameron Davis added a 54 yard field goal before the half, made difficult by a holding penalty immediately preceding the kick.

Nebraska returns home next week to face the top ranked Georgia Bulldogs in a likely 1 vs 2 matchup.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Heh.. Same ole' broken record! Quarterback can't hit wide open guys for nearly 3 qtr's... But my opponent Qb needs only 3 screen passes. After that he can make any pass he wants... BS!

Dropped int's continue but opponent catches his when needed. LoL

After seeing that game, I think I am starting to see your issues a bit more clearly and a lot of it is the same stuff I told @Akecheta about here: http://www.nutopiasports.com/forum/index.php?threads/help-me-please.1532/#post-312664

Early on you were mostly under center and trying to throw timing patterns (a lot of posts and corners). Those passes have very small timing windows, which were made worse by the fact that you were under center having to drop back. You ended up throwing off your back leg and throwing WAY too early. Many of your passes were thrown before your receiver even broke on his route, you were anticipating the receiver being open rather than waiting for him to actually be open, which is the issue.

I think the connection lag unfortunately exasperates the problems you're having. The lag was bad in the game and I remember the lag being an issue in quite a few of our previous games. Because the game is moving slower, your brain is even more likely to anticipate open receivers. You threw way too early constantly. When you finally got into the gun and didn't have to worry about a drop back, you started to get your timing back and you were throwing on time to the receivers. Same thing when you started throwing routes that are less reliant on timing (streaks especially).

I'd also say you were throwing to covered receivers a lot. You had a couple plays when you went Empty/5WR in particular where you only looked one way and tried throwing to a receiver who was bracketed rather than looking towards the strength of your formation. It didn't help that I dropped 7 into aggressive zone coverage on almost every single play. Once you started running your quarterback more and taking shots deep, I had to adjust my defense and you started getting a lot more open looks.

Just some tips, I know QBA 5 is tough but you weren't helping yourself any. My advice would be the same as it was in that post I linked to above, don't be in a rush to throw the ball. You had no reason to be, I had a 4 man rush on 95% of the plays in the game. Hold the ball a beat longer, set and throw.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
@Flanntastic

If you have time and want to play tonight I will be up for another hour. Otherwise see you around 8:15 am EST.

LEGEND

After seeing that game, I think I am starting to see your issues a bit more clearly and a lot of it is the same stuff I told @Akecheta about here: http://www.nutopiasports.com/forum/index.php?threads/help-me-please.1532/#post-312664

Early on you were mostly under center and trying to throw timing patterns (a lot of posts and corners). Those passes have very small timing windows, which were made worse by the fact that you were under center having to drop back. You ended up throwing off your back leg and throwing WAY too early. Many of your passes were thrown before your receiver even broke on his route, you were anticipating the receiver being open rather than waiting for him to actually be open, which is the issue.

I think the connection lag unfortunately exasperates the problems you're having. The lag was bad in the game and I remember the lag being an issue in quite a few of our previous games. Because the game is moving slower, your brain is even more likely to anticipate open receivers. You threw way too early constantly. When you finally got into the gun and didn't have to worry about a drop back, you started to get your timing back and you were throwing on time to the receivers. Same thing when you started throwing routes that are less reliant on timing (streaks especially).

I'd also say you were throwing to covered receivers a lot. You had a couple plays when you went Empty/5WR in particular where you only looked one way and tried throwing to a receiver who was bracketed rather than looking towards the strength of your formation. It didn't help that I dropped 7 into aggressive zone coverage on almost every single play. Once you started running your quarterback more and taking shots deep, I had to adjust my defense and you started getting a lot more open looks.

Just some tips, I know QBA 5 is tough but you weren't helping yourself any. My advice would be the same as it was in that post I linked to above, don't be in a rush to throw the ball. You had no reason to be, I had a 4 man rush on 95% of the plays in the game. Hold the ball a beat longer, set and throw.
I was ok missing on the early corner and post routes... It's the wide open streaks my Qb missed that upset me! Those passes were so far off target that it just put me in a fuck it mentality.

On many of those passes the guy the ball was nearest... Was not who the pass was intended for! I'm in a few OD's that have pass rush set overly high... @Akecheta was too.. but recently left. You have to throw early! I can't throw slants in that OD because I'm sacked mid 3 step drop!

It's affected my play in every OD! I'll look into the pausing a beat longer and see how that plays out.