• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Help Me, Please

Akecheta

These 4 plays, 3 horrible misses and 1 good play. The TD came right after missing the wheel route on 3rd and 1. I went for it because I was pissed off and I hit an angle route for a score.

These are just a few examples of the stuff I was complaining about.

Akecheta

The rolling pass in to the end zone and the seam route were by a QB with power/acc of 87/83, the other two were with a 83/72

Akecheta

its hard to tell for sure since I recorded from my phone and its not high quality lol... plus I had my starter hurt for 2 qtrs. that game. #2 is the low ACC qb, and #16 is the higher ACC guy. Both FR

Akecheta

The seam was a lob, the wheel was a bullet, the rollout was a bullet and the angle a bullet I think.

Akecheta

and I understand throwing on the run drops your acc as a QB, but that was ridiculous and if I did stop to "set my feet" I'd take a sack.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
A big part of QBA 5 and accuracy is related to timing. On the 2nd and 4th videos, it looked like you rushed the throw. You were anticipating them coming open and rushed to get it to the receiver. That's your brain working too quickly for the game. By now, most people know what routes are going to come open on each play and so you already knew where you were going before the receivers ran their route. If you hold the ball just a beat or two longer, I think you'd be okay.

I believe the difference between 5 and 10 is that the game inserts a much bigger timing penalty. You really have to be precise and make sure your receivers are "looking" for the ball. On those two throws in particular, you threw before the receivers made their break. On the 3rd, it was similar, you threw as the receiver got to the end of his route and before he turned back around. Plus the penalty for throwing on the run. Compare that with the first video, where you held it and threw a step or two after the back made his break on the angle route.

Unfortunately, each of those penalties is amplified with QBA at 5 and there is no middle ground between 5 and 10. The biggest thing you can do is to hang in there and wait a beat or two longer for your receivers to get in and out of their breaks. That is counter intuitive because normally you want to throw as your receiver is coming out of the break, but that just isn't how the game is going to work on 5. There are still going to be a few what the fuck throws but I think you'll at least see a reduction in them.

Take an extra step or two drop, once your receiver hits his break, take a beat or two and fire away. It is a very slim window for throwing. Too early and you're going to throw the ball to Mars, too late and the DB will catch up and under cut the throw (especially on posts and corners). Normally I would say just rep it in practice mode, but you can't. Sliders work differently in practice mode than they do in OD. Really it just takes trial and error, knowing the speed of your receivers and how quickly they get in and out of their routes.

It also helps to start with high percentage stuff early on, I think QB 5 has a really big hot/cold penalty in there as well. If you miss big early, it'll just snowball on you.

Or just do what I do and run the ball 60 times a game.

Akecheta

Unfortunately, each of those penalties is amplified with QBA at 5 and there is no middle ground between 5 and 10. The biggest thing you can do is to hang in there and wait a beat or two longer for your receivers to get in and out of their breaks. That is counter intuitive because normally you want to throw as your receiver is coming out of the break, but that just isn't how the game is going to work on 5. There are still going to be a few what the fuck throws but I think you'll at least see a reduction in them.

Thank you for the break down, it seemed to make sense ... But in my next game I threw 5 INTS trying to find that window. It just seems to me if you have to wait until after the break when in a true timing based offense you throw the receiver open not wait for him to get open then you lose part of that "sim" style play. I guess it really will just be a bunch of hit and miss and 30 int seasons or if I can get a RB that doesn't get hurt every 10th carry maybe I can just run it over and over. That really loses its sim feel too though. Just my two cents.

#Lesson201 still learning it lol[/QUOTE]

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Thank you for the break down, it seemed to make sense ... But in my next game I threw 5 INTS trying to find that window. It just seems to me if you have to wait until after the break when in a true timing based offense you throw the receiver open not wait for him to get open then you lose part of that "sim" style play. I guess it really will just be a bunch of hit and miss and 30 int seasons or if I can get a RB that doesn't get hurt every 10th carry maybe I can just run it over and over. That really loses its sim feel too though. Just my two cents.

#Lesson201 still learning it lol
[/QUOTE]

Yeah unfortunately QBA 10 has a huge timing window and QBA 5 has a very tiny one. Too late and the trailing DB is going to miraculously catch up and under cut the throw. Too early and you're going to throw a mile wide.

The other thing to look at might be the play calls you're using and routes you're running. Try to mix in a few more quick concepts that don't really rely on timing. I'm partial to Z Spot and Stick for that, in fact Z Spot is probably the 1st pass play I call almost every single game just to get my QB in a rhythm. If it is zone, you can just wait for the traffic to clear and hit that spot... if it is man, that little quick corner route is typically wide open and doesn't require an instant decision.

You can usually get used to QBA 5's quirks; unfortunately, they won't all disappear. No matter what you do you are still going to have some absurd throws that piss you off.