• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

World Cup Group A (BRA CRO MEX CAM)

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Tmang, you wouldn't want USC to go with an all-Cardinal uniform if Adidas wanted them to, amirite? I mean, it's okay if a team like Arizona wants to dress up like a high school team in monochrome, but international soccer, like CFB, have traditional powerhouses with traditional kits that are readily identifiable. Brazil's yellow shirts/blue shorts combo. Holland's orange. Germany's White and Black. Italy's blue. England's red, and Argentina's striped white and blue. It pisses me off when some faggoty twink gay ass motherfucker from an apparel company who has probably no knowledge of the traditions of soccer decides to play reel-life dress-up dolls. Fuckers!

You guys understand that the team/club/country has to approve of the uniforms, right? Nike can't just one day say, "Hey SC, wear this. I don't fucking care if you don't like it. You don't have a choice."

I prefer traditional uniforms, color schemes, etc. too. And as I said in my post, I don't like the all-one-color look on football uniforms....but I do in soccer.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
You guys understand that the team/club/country has to approve of the uniforms, right? Nike can't just one day say, "Hey SC, wear this. I don't fucking care if you don't like it. You don't have a choice.".

If Adidas, Nike, Sketchers, LA Gear, or British Knights were to go to Pat Haden and told him, "Ima give you 8 Brazilian Dollars to wear My Little Pony-themed uniforms next season, then our team will be wearing pink and purple, regardless of whether fans like me and Beardown gnash our terrible teeth, and roll our terrible eyes, and click our terrible claws. €a$h Money, ¥o!

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
If Adidas, Nike, Sketchers, LA Gear, or British Knights were to go to Pat Haden and told him, "Ima give you 8 Brazilian Dollars to wear My Little Pony-themed uniforms next season, then our team will be wearing pink and purple, regardless of whether fans like me and Beardown gnash our terrible teeth, and roll our terrible eyes, and click our terrible claws. €a$h Money, ¥o!

But Nike isn't going to do that. They're not going to pay SC two, three, or four times the money in exchange for agreeing to wear pink and purple uniforms.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
But Nike isn't going to do that. They're not going to pay SC two, three, or four times the money in exchange for agreeing to wear pink and purple uniforms.

It all comes down to the market. I believe that fans of teams with less tradition (Arizona, Rutgers, Illinois, etc.) are going to be more willing to buy a replica uniform with a modern style, then fans of more traditional teams (Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, etc.)

As far as the world cup jerseys go, I don't think people are buying entire kits. Well I did get a pair of the shorts with my bootleg Germany shirt I got from China, but I'm not wearing them together. I'm not a fan of the amount of red in the US's kit, but it wouldn't stop me from buying the US shirt or any team I was a fan of.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
What in fuck?!?

Anyway, I'm gon Beardown and say I agree that traditional kits are bettah.

Tmang, you wouldn't want USC to go with an all-Cardinal uniform if Adidas wanted them to, amirite? I mean, it's okay if a team like Arizona wants to dress up like a high school team in monochrome, but international soccer, like CFB, have traditional powerhouses with traditional kits that are readily identifiable. Brazil's yellow shirts/blue shorts combo. Holland's orange. Germany's White and Black. Italy's blue. England's red, and Argentina's striped white and blue. It pisses me off when some faggoty twink gay ass motherfucker from an apparel company who has probably no knowledge of the traditions of soccer decides to play reel-life dress-up dolls. Fuckers!

Doesn't England prefer white? (i.e. last WC vs. the US)

But I agree with the rest. I like the traditional stuff.

doh

Kasey kella has IMO been the worst announcer by far for ESPN thus far. They keep on saying they were off on the fourth when the guy is very clearly on. It's getting odd.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
And I didn't get to see at least the second half because some numbskull who wasn't paying attention to where he was on the road crashed his car into the bus I was boarding out of work. Had to wait 90 minutes for the next bus to arrive and by the time I arrived home, the game is over. Will watch replay via ESPN3.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Get a car or call a cab, pleb.
I don't own a cell phone, and I don't have cash on me. I had to wait for a bus. See, Utopian, this is what goes down when Spain crashes out of a FIFA World Cup. Accidents happen. Pleb.

Oh yes, and #Salads. (Thank you pav.)

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Crunchwrap was 30 min walk. Would have made it there and back with time to spare.

doh

I don't own a cell phone, and I don't have cash on me. I had to wait for a bus. See, Utopian, this is what goes down when Spain crashes out of a FIFA World Cup. Accidents happen. Pleb.

Oh yes, and #Salads. (Thank you pav.)
Uhhh I could've sworn I saw you post a couple days ago "Sent via (something)"??