1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

WBL TradeRumors

Discussion in 'OOTP Discussion (Out of the Park Baseball)' started by Mr. Radpants, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Mr. Radpants

Mr. Radpants Friendship Drive Charging

Team:
    Dublin
    [​IMG]

Latest on Pac Men Organizational Strategies, Contracts.

In recent seemingly humble blog posts, Las Vegas GM Doh shed some light on his organizational strategy for the Las Vegas Pac Men.

GM Doh targets to make the playoffs only. By today’s standards, this is considered to be an outdated strategy more fitting to ancient MLB playoff scenarios, first documented 43 years ago in the book Moneyball by Michael Lewis. However, Doh appears to be coming around, crediting constantly semi-inactive yet genius GM Rad for explaining the lack of intricacies of OOTP playoffs: “My idea (which @Mr. Radpants is starting to sway me to not believe) is that if you get to the playoffs it is a crap shoot as long as you have a good enough team.”

Additionally, GM Doh claims to never overpay for free agents; however, he has been one of the most active salary shoppers in WBL/UBL history. Twitter and social media has exploded in reductio ad absurdum. Several theories are flying about GM Doh’s statement. The obvious -- Doh is delusional and didn’t notice that he’s in budget trouble every single year. The opposing theory is that he is an insane genius and has created a false caricature of himself, thus creating a sub-market for salary dumping in his trades.

One GM, under the promise of anonymity, lamented: “All this time GM Doh appeared in salary trouble. I ate some contracts just to get trades through. It’s possible that he was one step ahead of me the entire time, projecting a false financial stupidity and banking on my laziness for checking up on actual OOTP financials. I have a job and kids, I didn't expect deception to this level in an online baseball league.”

“I’ll never trade with the bastard again,” he added.

Another GM spoke off the record to WBLTR.com and confided that, “Another GM and I had conversations about GM Doh and we agreed that he was a functional retard when it came to salary commits. The guy was constantly in the red and pinging the commissioner office with confusion about the OOTP economic system. Now we see him publicly bragging about his fiscal responsibility and ability to dump bad contracts. I’m wondering if it was a long con. We’re having the SABR guys look into their salary commitments and matching them up against public statements. They have Nutopia on one monitor and Excel on the other and they look exhausted.”

NML, doh, Karl Hungus and 5 others like this.
  2. Yankee151

Yankee151 TWINK Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
  3. Mr. Radpants

Team:
    Dublin
    [​IMG]

Pac Men News and Notes

In related Pacmen news, GM Doh lamented about bad contracts right as he said he never gives bad contracts. “The one thing I do try to do is extend elite players as well as guys who I traded a lot for. The only really bad extension I have right now is Mercier. When I signed it, I didn't hate it and now I don't hate it but I don't love it…”

Profound.

Interestingly, GM Doh is reflecting on the Fazerlacky and Mercier contracts side-by-side. Both started their careers in Dublin and were traded for not much, Fazerlacky because he was blocked by Mercier, Mercier because he was in his last contract year and was a rental. Both were poor trades by Dublin. Mercier is the undisputed GOAT of the WBL, no matter what vain GM's post on social media.

4. Mr. Radpants

Team:
    Dublin
    This thread goes out to to the WBL but also @kella and all my homies with that Information Technology Lean.

5. kella

kella Smug know-it-all Administrator Operations

6. doh

doh THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

Team:
    Las Vegas Pac Men
    :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Mr. Radpants likes this.
  7. OU11

OU11 Pleighboi Utopia Moderator

Team:
    Niners
    Bart scott for yankee and i's

8. Orlando

Orlando Well-Known Member Utopia Moderator

Bart Scott for the report on hisself.

Rutgers Mike, Yankee151 and OU11 like this.
  9. Gooksta

Gooksta Well-Known Member

Reports saying Key West might be looking to jump in on Gonnett sweepstakes..

Wendell Gee likes this.
  10. Wendell Gee

Wendell Gee dawg_gone parrothead

Team:
    Mules
    Hard to believe he'd sign with a team that can't spell his name right in the press release.

11. Gooksta

I can sign and flip

12. Orlando

Orlando Well-Known Member Utopia Moderator

That would be a dumb move at his current price.

13. Gooksta

Maybe

14. Mr. Radpants

Team:
    Dublin
    Gooksta playing the role of WLBTR commenter, love it.

15. OU11

OU11 Pleighboi Utopia Moderator

Team:
    Niners
    Would love it if the stories were posted

16. Mr. Radpants

Team:
    Dublin
    I will. I wrote a draft for your team but the league is moving too fast for me right now.

17. Gooksta

Ill just leak the info to you next time

18. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus Here to fix the cable

Source: Certain franchises appear to have not paid their phone bills this month.

Rutgers Mike likes this.
  19. Mr. Radpants

Team:
    Dublin
    [​IMG]

Who throw shade tho?
    Rift between once close GMs grows

Recently GM Rad Smith reluctantly returned to semi-active leadership in the Distillers organization, following a lengthy sabbatical split between the corporate America grind and sipping guzzling rum drinks in the Caribbean. While it is remarkable Dublin finished close to .500 with only one phone call with roster moves the entire season, he appears to have walked into a buzz saw upon return. Rival GM Scouttie Pippen lashed out on Instagram about Rad:

Why an active GM was missing on day one of the player draft was unclear. The draft, internationally televised, has suffered from declining ratings in recent years and the 22 hour timeout to find Scouttie did not help matters. Rumors that he was playing 2K basketball and that Rad Smith messaged him over Steam have added to the controversy.

Keith Law, breaking his Twitter ban to comment, added “The 2K basketball rumor is interesting -- these guys were supposed to be playing 2K basketball together this past year, then Rad Smith fell off the face of the earth. The rift may extend well outside of the WBL community, and Scouttie might be mad that Rad leaked the details of his gaming schedule.”

According to sources, the situation came to a head today at draft headquarters when Scouttie accused Rad Smith of delaying the draft. Rad took exception to the comment, pointing out the irony of the comment after the 2K incident. Reel then accused Rad of throwing shade.

It’s worth noting that Rad was first recruited into the now-defunct UBL by GM Zach Mills Smith, and Scouttie Pippen was formerly employed by Zach Mills Smith. To see two GMs from the same GM tree butting heads so viciously is surprising, to say the least. Rival GMs seem optimistic that their mutual love for smart phones and hip hop will prevail over the draft drama.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    OU11, fignuts, Karl Hungus and 4 others like this.
  20. Yankee151

Yankee151 TWINK Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    This is an update