1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

WBL TradeRumors

Discussion in 'OOTP Discussion (Out of the Park Baseball)' started by Mr. Radpants, Dec 5, 2014.

1. fignuts

fignuts Larry Bernandez

Team:
    Seahawks Ms
    Broken image?

2. Mr. Radpants

Mr. Radpants Friendship Drive Charging

Team:
    Dublin
    [​IMG]

GM Rad Returns, Ships Chong and Fritz to Las Vegas

After taking a lengthy sabbatical to actually have a life, longtime GM Rad has returned to activity to his office at The Distillery.

He didn’t take long to begin to overhaul his roster, shipping Skeeter Chong and Joe Fritz to Las Vegas for a trio of solid pitching prospects. This move signaled the end of an era in Dublin, and helps restock a system that was thin on pitching potential.

Rad’s increased activity seems to have drawn the ire of other GMs, however. With rumors circling about bullpen arm De La Santos, GM Wolfman commented to reporters, “If by back-end you mean ass, you’re correct.”

Asked about the incident, GM Rad didn’t address the issue head on. “Wolf who? Is he a new GM?”

This was on the heels of GM Gooksta attempting to publicly devalue Dublin slugger Juan Nieto by attacking the hitter friendly attributes of The Distillery.

It should be noted that two of the biggest sluggers of all time played in Dublin – universally accepted GOAT Hocine Mercier and his Pac Men teammate Mason Fazerlacky. Mercier belted the same exact number of home runs in his first year with Las Vegas that he did with Dublin the prior year, and Fazerlacky has had a prolific career as a slugger.

GM Rad seemed to shrug off the attacks. “Some GMs are easier to deal with. If you can’t trust GMs, you probably won’t pick up the phone when they come calling about major trades.”

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    Yankee151, OU11, Lloyd Carr and 2 others like this.
  3. Mr. Radpants

Team:
    Dublin
    What is/was? If my WBL banner isn't working please holler.

4. Wolfman21

Wolfman21 Well-Known Member

5. Yankee151

Yankee151 TWINK Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    Wolfwho21

6. Mr. Radpants

Team:
    Dublin
    @osick87 we have a logo and everything.

7. Mr. Radpants

Team:
    Dublin
    lol, Wolf trolling me the second I got back.

8. osick87

osick87 Well-Known Member Community Liaison

Oh nice.

Will do this tonight.

Mr. Radpants likes this.
  9. Wolfman21

Wolfman21 Well-Known Member

Lol, I don't even know what this was about. As far as the "is he a new GM?" comment, I'll say what I always say..."kiss the ring."

10. osick87

Figured this would be easier to do team by team

TeamPlayerArb Est (in mil)Non Tender ChancesOption (in mil)Option TypeOpt Out Chances
    AmsterdamJohão Guia7.8Low   
    AmsterdamLuke Gwilt4.6Low   
    AmsterdamAlex Douglas2.6Low   
    AmsterdamBill Dumont2High   
    AmsterdamJavier López0.95Low   
    AmsterdamPedro Campos0.75Medium   
    AmsterdamDave Moran0.75High   
    AmsterdamRaúl Herrera0.75High   
    AmsterdamArnold Gilbert0.75Medium-High   
    AmsterdamEdwin Burger  0.833TeamLow
    • Guia and Gwilt are obvious to get tendered. I wouldn't be surprised if Guia gets more than his arb est.
    • If I was needing a C/1B/DH (@Travis7401) type, I would be sending PMs OU11's way. Cheap Power is always a nice thing to have.

• Bill Dumont spent the year in A so I doubt the 29 yr old gets a contract tendered to him.
    • Lopez had a meh year and would be cheap SP depth.
    • Campos I wasn't sure if @OU11 would Non tender or not just because it's a mil and you could easily use Campos as a LRP/ bottom of the bullpen type. Guys with his ratings usually go for around that much in FA but there are better ones going for marginal amounts more.
    • Moran is a backup IF that OU could probably find a replacement with a better bat for 200-250k more (Arturo Cruz for example).
    • Herrera is a bad defensive OF and has been poor hitting. Not the best combo.
    • Gilbert is a cheap 25th man utility guy. His diversity is why I have him as Medium-High. I have him as High because he's never really hit well in the limited ABs OU can give him.
    • Burger is cheap SP Depth.

Karl Hungus likes this.
  11. Mr. Radpants

Team:
    Dublin
    You forgot the logo. :crying:

12. osick87

I don't think the WBL fans need to see a broken image.

13. Travis7401

Travis7401 Douglass Tagg Community Liaison

@OU11 why you not buy up Guia arb years earlier when they've have been cheaper? Just an oversight of non-export have behavior, or do you have a method to your madness here? I'm still working on my organizational philosophy on how I sign players to extensions, within our WBL rules, and I was just curious.

Guia is probably the best young catcher around, so I assume ur gonna keep him.

14. Mr. Radpants

Team:
    Dublin
    It works for me

Weird

15. Travis7401

Travis7401 Douglass Tagg Community Liaison

I predict my organizational philosophy gonna drive Osick nuts if he intends to do this same sort of thing in the future... gonna be a lot of team options showing up. riggers gonna be built like the New England Patriots, one key piece with interchangeable parts surrounding it. Those interchangeable parts will usually be under a 2 year team option structure to allow Mr. Manager the flexibility he craves.

That key piece is, of course, Douglass Tagg. Douglass is the Tom Brady of the riggers franchise.

Mr. Radpants likes this.
  16. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus Here to fix the cable

Douglass Tagg even sounds like a Trump supporter, too.

Travis7401 likes this.
  17. osick87

I will just put them as Medium and lump them all together in a Bullet point.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    Travis7401 likes this.
  18. bruin228

bruin228 Madden Mobile Addict NCAA Moderator

Team:
    LEACH
    Make North Dakota great again

Karl Hungus and Travis7401 like this.
  19. OU11

OU11 Pleighboi Utopia Moderator

Team:
    Niners
    Very secret method

Orlando and Travis7401 like this.
  20. Mr. Radpants

Team:
    Dublin
    [​IMG]

WBL Notes: Swedish Master Race, Triangles, Scheduling Mishap

Swedes Come Home

As WBLTR covered yesterday, a three way trade occurred yesterday between the Hammers, the Distillers, and the Gauchos. The Hammers received veteran outfielder Alfie Almquist and recent draftee Jehan Hjorth. It's worth noting that both players acquired by the Hammers were native Swedes, marking a return to a traditional strategy of the Hammers to recruit hometown stars.

The Distillers decision to part with Almquist came days after Murphy McMurphy of the Irish Times reported the 32 year old might consider moving on during the offseason in pursuit of more playing time. The Hammers interest in Almquist has never been a secret, and WBLTR has reported numerous times of Hammer inquiries into the veteran slugger.

Now on his way out of Ireland, Almquist will head back to his native Sweden and join a Hammers team that, prior to Monday, was in dire need of Swedes. Before settling on Almquist, the Hammers made recent inquiries to other teams around the league about the availability of expatriate Swedes. With the acquisition of Almquist, the Swedish team has upped its number of Swedes on active roster to one.

NL TRIANGLE REPORT

Some interesting trigonometry reports coming in from around the league. GM @doh has been doing an annoying 1927 Yankees impression lately, but it is worth noting that he has stolen 4 triangles from the shape factory this year. The next 3 current standing NL playoff teams are all -3 triangles. Meanwhile, the last place team in the NL, Lisbon, is seven games positive triangles. While the team performing, various sources in Lisbon report that GM Lugg Nutt is none too pleased that his tanking strategy has gone awry, placing them far behind several SL teams for the top picks in next year's draft.

Pressed for comment about triangles, GM @doh wouldn't address his own success but chose to instead praise the SL teams. "They're just better at losing than we are," he commented.

7 Day Lineup GM Momentarily Livid

An odd calendar quirk almost resulted in the first eight day week in recorded history. Reports from Halifax rushed in that GM Woo Lee was preparing his typewriter to write a lengthy tirade about how his preferred 7 Day Lineup style would never accommodate an 8 day week. Galactic sundial Osick187 quickly issued a press release that he would fix the problem. We can only hope that word of this reaches GM Lee quickly, but he isn't a 16 year old and doesn't check his phone 24/7.