• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

NML

DB1ahXeVoAAat5n

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Howard angle on that Jones header was so bad

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
We do not look good. Howard's decisions are trash. Bradley is leaving huge spaces in defense and just taking any momentum out of attacks. Right side is killing them though.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I am am consistently ashamed by how bad our back to goal first touches are. It looks like my company rec team

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Nagbe, Yedlin, and Pulisic were awesome tonight. Besides one great chance, Trinidad and Tobago created jack. And I think that chance was mostly on Howard, who I think called off his defenders and then couldn't claim the ball. Pretty solid defensively, and they created a good amount going forward.

That said, I think if we play the same formation, we're going to get overrun by Mexico. Bradley cannot play alone as an anchoring midfielder. He was bad tonight. He's never been a great passer, but he completely messed up the team's tempo when he got the ball in a forward position. He also could not cover the space he needed to defensively. I also worry about Dempsey and Howard. Dempsey looked old, and Howard was miserable tonight. Howard didn't really have to make a tough save, so it's hard to say if he's a huge weakness, but his decision making was awful all night. I feel like relying on those 3 might turn this into 2006 all over again.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Jozy didn't look half bad last night, but he is simply not a goal scorer. He is like the extremely diet, caffeine free Lukaku.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, his pass for Pulisic's second goal was pretty. He also seemed to function better with Pulisic as his partner than Dempsey.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
This thread is always so positive when we play these countries with the population of Phoenix

NML

It's 2017 and Tim Ream and Run DMB are the starting left side of our defense. I didn't even know Paul Arriola was on the roster.

And Bruce said like a week ago that Howard was getting both these games.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Second yellow coming for Yedlin if they keep him in

Actually like the formation/massive changes though with just two days rest though.

ebarws6

stAy
The hell is up with FS1's halftime coverage? They're literally in the upper deck just standing with their mics looking into the camera at an off angle with fans all around them

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Why is jozy an 80th minute sub just jogging around

NML

I'm pretty happy with that, but then again there's no point in being positive unless you beat Brazil 13-0 so never mind

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Isn't Acosta a fullback? Why did he appear to be playing CM last night?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I think he can play fullback, but he's a more natural midfielder. I don't follow MLS much, so someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.