• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I think he meant can't afford to have zusi blast the side netting when Jozy is standing in front of an open net

Looked like a utopia turkeys lowlight

NML

Seemed like he meant Davis's handball, based on the following conversation, but that would make a lot more sense.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah I think he was talking about one thing and darke another

What the fuck is chandler doing

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
2 or 3 monumentally stupid times to be offside neither was actually offside, lol. World Cup style bs officiating already here

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This isn't bun.4 kid, take that first time

NML

this ref

97VP

NML

"A buddy of his, Aron Johannsson..."

end of that quote should've been "thinking 'how the fuck can I not get on the field?'"

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Outswinger at near post = ???

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Why do we always play teams that dive and engage in theatrics during a fucking friendly?

NML

Howard just fucking mows that lawn fairy over and then throws it 60 yards for a breakaway

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
I don't really have my finger on the pulse of any of this, but it seems like Chandler is pretty much crap out there in the few games I've seen.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Jozy is complete garbage. Hasn't scored for 6+ months.

Good thing he plays in an EliTe League so he can score practice goalz tho.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Rossi misses out on another WC for Italy. Could have played in not one, not two, but three WC for USA.

Giuseppe Rossi will miss out on the World Cup once again.
The American-born Italy forward was among the players cut from the Azzurri's final World Cup squad on Saturday, in a repeat of what happened to him four years ago.
Coach Cesare Prandelli apparently judged that Rossi hadn't fully recovered from his latest right knee injury in January. Rossi has always been one of Prandelli's favorite players, but the coach opted not to gamble on his fitness despite the forward having been the Italian league's leading scorer before getting injured.
Napoli forward Lorenzo Insigne was selected instead for the 23-man squad.
Rossi played 71 minutes in Italy's 0-0 draw with Ireland on Saturday but failed to make much of an impact in his final chance to impress Prandelli.
Rossi was also one of the final cuts by then-coach Marcello Lippi in 2010, although Lippi said last week that he regretted that decision.
Rossi was born in New Jersey to Italian parents and was offered a chance to play for the United States ahead of the 2006 World Cup, but he has always said it was his dream to play for the Azzurri. Now Rossi will have to wait until 2018 — when he'll be 31 — for a chance to play in the World Cup.
Also cut from Prandelli's 30-man preliminary squad were: forward Mattia Destro; Brazilian-born midfielder Romulo, who has been dealing with a muscle problem; and fullbacks Manuel Pasqual and Christian Maggio.
Key midfielder Riccardo Montolivo was ruled out after breaking the tibia bone in his left leg against Ireland.
Center back Andrea Ranocchia was selected as a 24th man to go to Brazil as a possible replacement for Andrea Barzagli, who has been fighting injury all season.
Rossi led Serie A with 14 goals in 17 matches with Fiorentina until he re-injured his right knee in January, sidelining him for four months. He returned a month ago but has not played a full 90 minutes since coming back and occasionally appeared hesitant against Ireland.
Rossi initially tore his right anterior cruciate ligament during a match with Villarreal against Real Madrid in October 2011 and needed three operations before returning with Fiorentina in May 2013.
Insigne, by contrast, scored twice when his Napoli club beat Rossi's Fiorentina 3-1 in the Italian Cup final a month ago. That was Rossi's first match back.
Besides sure starter Mario Balotelli, Antonio Cassano and Torino strike partners Ciro Immobile and Alessio Cerci were also chosen at forward.
Cassano made the squad following a resurgent season with Parma. After two years away from the national team, his appearance against Ireland was his first since the 2012 European Championship final.
Immobile led Serie A with 22 goals in 33 appearances and Cerci is a reliable winger.
Torino fullback Matteo Darmian, who made his Italy debut against Ireland and can play on either the right or the left, was also included, along with Argentine-born center back Gabriel Paletta.
In midfield, the newcomers are Paris Saint-Germain's Marco Verratti and Parma's Marco Parolo.
Verratti, in particular, shined against Ireland and is considered an eventual replacement for Andrea Pirlo.
Italy opens its World Cup campaign against England in Group D on June 14 then faces Costa Rica on June 20 and Uruguay on June 24.
The Azzurri play Luxembourg in Perugia on Wednesday then fly out to Brazil a day later.
Rossi, meanwhile, will probably return home to New Jersey.

NML

Of all the times to call Jozy garbage, this game is not it haha. He's been aggressive, won the ball, held up play, created chances - the only thing he's missing is the finish, but the others are extremely important to beat teams in this group.

NML

Thought Chandler was okay. I'm not excited if he's our starting left back, doe.

I'll be interested to see what JK does against Nigeria. It seems like Besler/Cameron is a lock, which I'm cool with. I think he might flip Johnson and give Yedlin a try. That's some serious offensive firepower from the fullbacks.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Besides the obvious fail that lead to the penalty, It seemed like Chandler was constantly out of position and Turkey had a lot of success starting attacks down that wing or switching attacks down that wing. There were several other clear goal scoring opportunities that Turkey flubbed and most seemed to start with Chandler fail.

Other than that, I thought they looked pretty decent (still going to get whooped doe). Dempsey made a huge difference in offensive creativity, Altidore looked like he was working hard and playing stronger, but his luck/good fortune is still fucked, the Johnson/Bradley give and go goal was great, and the Centerbacks did a good job responding to trog ups. I liked Green coming on as a substitute because he's not afraid to run at a defender and has a lot of energy. I'd rather see Bedoya on the left side than the goober with the big ears who can't do anything but keep the ball in with his hand, but all joking aside, I thought Davis played pretty well and made some nice passes.

Renegade

Charge on!
Thought Chandler was okay. I'm not excited if he's our starting left back, doe.

I'll be interested to see what JK does against Nigeria. It seems like Besler/Cameron is a lock, which I'm cool with. I think he might flip Johnson and give Yedlin a try. That's some serious offensive firepower from the fullbacks.

That's certainly what I'd like to see.

Renegade

Charge on!
Dream big, yo. No one said it's realistic at this point. We weren't going to beat the Soviets at hockey either.