• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
He’s laying in wait.

Wy9BMOM.jpg

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Real happy that Trotz is going to get a chance to win it all. Especially since the Capitals and one of his assistants are doing him dirty. Hope he wins the Cup and tells them to fuck off as he goes somewhere else.

Also fuck Vegas.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The knights have 4 goals on weird bounces and one due to a broken skate guard, lol

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Holtby has also been extremely shaky all game. Fuck.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
If the knights roll snake eyes in any of these games they might lose one by 10. It's crazy how much their entire attack just relies on causing chaos and pouncing on a weird bounce. And also committing assault in front of the net and having the refs ignore it.

They're just so unorthodox and it's amazing how well it works

evil1

Maybe it's just me, but the Capitals use of the hockey stick in their team name is one of the better low key jerseys/logos out there.

1200px-Washington_Capitals.svg.png

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I didn't realize what a tremendous slash that McNabb "save" was on Eller.

"They can't keep getting away with this shit" says already nervous man. The score is reversed or worse if either of those net front penalties are called. It would also help if the caps could fucking clear the puck, or if Burakovsky isn't icing it under no pressure after a 3 minute shift.

mongoose

Even though the caps lost, that was one of the most entertaining games I've ever seen. There were some pretty late hits in that game; either the Knights are getting under the Caps skin with under the radar instigation or the Caps are just bloodthirsty. After that blind side on Marchessault, I was pretty sure I saw Consolepeasant Collingwood IV 2:00 for interference on the stat sheet...

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The replays didn't do Wilson any favor. Even Olczyck pointed out on the broadcast that their angles hadn't showed that Marchessault had the puck right before that. It was a late hit, but only barely, and it wasn't as bad as the boarding earlier.

It also came right after Perron cross checked Ovechkin with the puck nowhere near him. They got him for it but only after review. I suppose we should just be glad they got the calls right after a lengthy review.

The refs swallowing their whistles early in the game really didn't help. The teams just kept ratcheting up the hard/questionable hits after that and at what point do the refs draw the line?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Caps just getting owned. They look exhausted.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Trash call. Neal punched hisself in the face as he got hit.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Kuznetsov probably has a broken arm. Fuck. WELCOME NATE WALKER.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Please win Caps. Not sure if I want it more for Trotz or just because I hate Vegas. I just feel like a first year franchise don't deserve the Cup, man. Fuckin A