• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Should Gator be let back in the WBL?

How vote ye?

• Total voters

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Right but if other people traded, OU wouldnt be the only one making moves. He is involved in most trades :laughing: people are going to want to improve their team, so I guess sit on your hands out of protest and let him get all the phat lootz.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm pretty sure Worst has 15, but basically we wouldn't be restarting but we would be having an expansion draft. You could either take one of those or you can take my team and rebrand it and I'll move to one of those slots, I know Leach offered that too but it sounds like you would prefer an expansion draft if you were to join. I'm currently writing a lot of league lore about how the league came to be and Wendell is the best writer around so I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

jdlikewhoa

Right but if other people traded, OU wouldnt be the only one making moves. He is involved in most trades :laughing: people are going to want to improve their team, so I guess sit on your hands out of protest and let him get all the phat lootz.
No, I get what you're saying. That's why I said you're half right

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
People don't understand value and hold valuable pieces instead of trading them. @Karl Hungus is a prime example. I offered him basically a full team of elite players for Noda, but he said no. I'm sorry for my candor but that is stupid as hell. Nico/1-2/Darrach/3BJuarez for a single SS?

Seriously, that is why you guys toil around in mediocrity and I get predicted to win 115, I know I'm being smug know it all OU right now, but I think we have plenty of evidence across the UBL and WBL that what I do works. Sorry for your non shampship teams.

jdlikewhoa

People don't understand value and hold valuable pieces instead of trading them. @Karl Hungus is a prime example. I offered him basically a full team of elite players for Noda, but he said no. I'm sorry for my candor but that is stupid as hell. Nico/1-2/Darrach/3BJuarez for a single SS?

Seriously, that is why you guys toil around in mediocrity and I get predicted to win 115, I know I'm being smug know it all OU right now, but I think we have plenty of evidence across the UBL and WBL that what I do works. Sorry for your non shampship teams.

You're right. That's why I'm telling @Reel he should be trading. His system sucks (1 low tier Top 100 prospect) and he's years away from competing. He should be trading anyone of any value (Heigham, van de Loo, Kobayashi, Zhi, his entire OF, and maybe Blanc) away for picks or prospects that are 3-4+ years away.

When I first took over False Bay I pretty much cleaned house of anyone of value to try and restock my system in the early years. Now I fill holes through FA. Probably still won't beat you, but I should be deep in the playoffs for a long time to come.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You're right. That's why I'm telling @Reel he should be trading. His system sucks (1 low tier Top 100 prospect) and he's years away from competing. He should be trading anyone of any value (Heigham, van de Loo, Kobayashi, Zhi, his entire OF, and maybe Blanc) away for picks or prospects that are 3-4+ years away.

When I first took over False Bay I pretty much cleaned house of anyone of value to try and restock my system in the early years. Now I fill holes through FA. Probably still won't beat you, but I should be deep in the playoffs for a long time to come.

You'll be fine, I'm beatable now. What I'm saying is if I just run my system ruthlessly I'd never lose. If I had kept Ruiz/Sally/Wong, what would my team look like? Wouldn't have the system I do, but I'd be set for 8 more shampships.

I try to go the other way and offer deals that I usually make (lots of assets for great players) but nobody wants to give up their prized one good player even if they get 4 back. I know emotional attachment is hard, b, but you gotta lettem go sometimes.

I really only have Okada/Torres/Karpet/Haamid/Juarez off the block because I think they can contend for records if they make it somewhat injury free. That's the game I play now, but everybody else can be had for the right price. That's how I've always operated.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'll try this again and probably post in each thread, but I am looking for a good young pitcher. I have assets to give up in prospects and likely top 5 first round picks. I have gooksta's 2044 (he just traded away half his offense) and Yankees 2045. Who wants to make a deal?

jdlikewhoa

I do agree with you and @Orlando that people should be making more deals. There's a lot of attachment going on with these players, but people need to look at the bigger picture.

I just like to stir the pot.

NML

I feel like I talk trade with someone every day haha. Not sure how much more active I can be

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
If people are seriously interested we can definitely ore on expansion. We just don't want to end up with more computer teams, so they need to be somewhat serious.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Gator is in for the long haul, I think bdub would be too. Both know how the league operates and have been good owners. I still want to get through one season with full ownership before we talk about it though.

NML

I really am.

With Australia, I keep feeling like I'm hitting a home run but obviously I was born on third. I'd rather start from scratch and build them up. I did that with Portland and it was hella fun.

Lloyd Carr

I think it should come down to how seriously they are about joining.

If you think you want to join, but also think you might walk away after a season or two, it's probably best not to do it. But if you guys are actually willing to play, and stay a while, I'm definitely for expansion. OOTP kind of becomes another daily thing to do. It's not really a game you occasionally play while drunk on a Thursday night.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I really am.

With Australia, I keep feeling like I'm hitting a home run but obviously I was born on third. I'd rather start from scratch and build them up. I did that with Portland and it was hella fun.

I'd love to do that again too. It took me 3 seasons to get where I could really start churning with Amsterdam and it was awesome. I just can't give up the team due to an emotional attachment with the logo/uniforms. Especially with Yankee as lore writer where I battle it out with teams who hate me.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think it should come down to how seriously they are about joining.

If you think you want to join, but also think you might walk away after a season or two, it's probably best not to do it. But if you guys are actually willing to play, and stay a while, I'm definitely for expansion. OOTP kind of becomes another daily thing to do. It's not really a game you occasionally play while drunk on a Thursday night.

I'm not worried about bdub or gator staying for 5+ seasons, I'm worried about our current crop. And before anybody says we have really good owners, we did before. NML quit abruptly, gook quit for 2-3 seasons for no reason, and bdub just stopped playing all in one season. Shit happens in real life for people and sometimes OOTP gets cut, it is just a reality.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Gator builds teams up then sits back as a minority owner and doesn't let the CPU resign people, thus improving the FA pool.

worst2first

How will we know if we're going to stay or quit if we've never played with you guys before? I'm willing to give it a shot but you guys may turn out to be a bunch of assholes or the league may turn out to be boring as hell. It might also be great. I don't know but I know I can't tell you now how long I'm going to play without ever having been part of the league.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@Schauwn was another good owner who had to quit. Think he had to move jerbs like 3 times in one year. That was the 4th that quit that season.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
How will we know if we're going to stay or quit if we've never played with you guys before? I'm willing to give it a shot but you guys may turn out to be a bunch of assholes or the league may turn out to be boring as hell. It might also be great. I don't know but I know I can't tell you now how long I'm going to play without ever having been part of the league.

It is crack, the only reason you would stop is if you didn't have time.

Lloyd Carr

M40W3Ll.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, destiny got the better of me.

I'm just scurred to trade away Paco
It's not the first time but it's not a big deal. If you really want to rebuild, trade with me haha.

I understand the fun of building a team. Helsingborg was garbage for a very very long time.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You ask for my best players and I'm not in tank mode. I'm open to trading but I just can't part with my core guys yet.
Yeah and i understand that emotional attachment, but even if I offered a ton you probably wouldn't accept. That's what confuses me. It's not just you either.

Bdub

I'm serious about playing for a long time. Before I just got burned out being Bdub Selig. I also now have a laptop so easier for me to play.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm serious about playing for a long time. Before I just got burned out being Bdub Selig. I also now have a laptop so easier for me to play.
You'll be 2nd in line if we expand (meaning you get a team). I just want to make sure nobody loses their will to play over the next season

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
You'll be fine, I'm beatable now. What I'm saying is if I just run my system ruthlessly I'd never lose. If I had kept Ruiz/Sally/Wong, what would my team look like? Wouldn't have the system I do, but I'd be set for 8 more shampships.

I try to go the other way and offer deals that I usually make (lots of assets for great players) but nobody wants to give up their prized one good player even if they get 4 back. I know emotional attachment is hard, b, but you gotta lettem go sometimes.

I really only have Okada/Torres/Karpet/Haamid/Juarez off the block because I think they can contend for records if they make it somewhat injury free. That's the game I play now, but everybody else can be had for the right price. That's how I've always operated.

:laughing: This only happened once when I traded Nico and Silky. You wanting heads up 7-up on a guy who has 200IP+ over last 10 years.