• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Shampship Week Thread brought to you by Crootin shoes

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I'm wondering if 3 southern schools will make the most sense (read: money)

Although the B1G has been outscored 69-0 in the semis the last two years, and that doesn't help ratings at all

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
True. It's all those hilljacks have. Except Tennessee. They have nothing.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
LEACH-F-U.gif
Avenge me, Bob

Wolfman21

3 southern schools would negatively impact ratings.

Whole east and west coast would be nothanksguy

really? So the entire east and west coasts would just tune out of the entire playoffs because Alabama, Clemson and Georgia are in it?

lawd

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
really? So the entire east and west coasts would just tune out of the entire playoffs because Alabama, Clemson and Georgia are in it?

lawd
Well I know I would. Not that I'd watch any of it no matter what the teams, so maybe not the best example.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah, I don't get why the rest of the conferences don't follow the SEC model and hype each other up endlessly then schedule a bodybag game in the middle of November because the conference slate is "too tough."

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
My feelings exactly, if Ohio State is actually getting consideration then it doesn't make sense that USC isn't in the conversation as well. My EYE TEST definitely tells me Bama but I've got nothing on Clay Helton as of yet so I just wanna hear Saban and Urban bitch til the cows come home.

I actually saw the Buckeyes in person too and they are for sure not a playoff team.

Last edited:

Skeeter

Uber felon
Honestly it should be between USC and OSU. Bammer shouldn't even be in the discussion. The only thing they have going for them is they are bammer.

I also think we get smoked by Clemson unless we make a qb change that will never happen. Btw

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
USC lost by five(!) touchdowns to note dame, got taken to OT by a very average Texas team, and was underwhelming all year.

If its between bama and the library masturbatorz, I think bama is the better team, but if you can't even win your division, you can't really complain if you get overlooked. What's bama's best win? Mississippi State? Lol

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Just so you know, ESPN posted Georgia's logo in the back TWICE, so I am tipping the Bulldogs to win the Natty.

Gatorfan4life

UCF Alumni
Serious question. If college football is about getting the 4 best teams in the playoff, what is the point of conferences at all? Conference championships don't really mean anything. In this system, you can be crowned conference champion, but the committee can just decide another team from your conference is better anyway. There doesen't seem to be any real competitive reason to have conferences at all. Only financial ones.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I feel like #1 should get their choice of opponent between 3 and 4. Nawlins is more of a home game for Bammer.