• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Rose Bowl: Oregon Vs Florida State

Mame YO

slings rocks
Yeah after the top two corners Oregon is shallow this year. I wonder if one of the safeties move down... Who was doing that earlier this year? Wasn't it Dargan and then they played Daniels at his spot? I think that was only nickel situations though too. My memory is a bit fuzzy there.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Daniels is going to be good. He's already shown flashes in a backup role. I think if they put seisay in there instead of shifting a safety down that means he played his way into it, not that there just isn't anything better. Oregon is one of those teams that values having the best group rather than the best guys at each position. If that means a safety plays out of position they'll put them there. But if they put siesay in there I feel okay with that because that signals to me that he not only beat the other corners, but also Daniels for that playing time.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Meh one CB wasn't going to make or break our offense anyways. I still think FSU's issues will be on the defensive side of the ball. I have no idea how we will stop Oregons offense enough to win.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Checking FSU reciever depth chart I don't see any 6'6" 230 pounders so that's nice lol. Greene and o'leary are going to be handfuls even if Oregon had ifo but if yous had one of those giant receivers like last year I don't think Oregon would have any chance at all stopping FSU. If FSU can run they probably still won't stop FSU.

Man, what's the O/U on points scored for this game? 90?

Lightningwar

Administrator
I feel like we finally have our running game back with Cook in the backfield and Erving at center. It will be interesting to see how we run the ball against a 3-4. Going to really test the legs of our line.

Brick

I'm not at all doomsday about it. Flazzu will move the ball regardless.

Agree with mame that I could see it being like the Oregon and Wisconsin Rose Bowl a few years ago.

Pretty amazing to me that Flazzu hasn't rushed for more than 181 yards against any D1A team. And even only 210 against the Citadel. No higher than 6 YPC in any game. That's crazy for a team with that much of a talent edge. We'll see if Cook continues his late streak of great games.

Oregon's rush D has been consistent outside of the Arizona and UCLA games when they didn't have Armstead. Between 100-150 yards allowed and about 4 YPC nearly every outing. http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/team/529/rushing/defense/gamelog.html

Team with the better QB play should win. I'm afraid Winston will revert to Robo Form.

Fuck the Heisman. I think it's bad for the head. They should do it after the bowls.

fsuprime

luh me dat Solvang. Where are you staying? Wine Valley Inn is a good spot, if you haven't booked a room already.

Ebelskivers for breakfast? Fuck. Yes. Best ones are at a place on Copenhagen Dr. I can't remember the name, but it's the old school diner-looking place that has a walk-up to-go window for Ebelskiver orders. Also got to hit the Old Danish Fudge Kitchen (ha.gay sounding) on the corner.

Root 246 is a good restaurant if you want something nicer. East side of Alisal, and about a block south of the main drag.

If you go wine tasting.....favorite wineries are Demetria, Firestone, Curtis, Zaca Mesa, and Blackjack. And if you go into Los Olivos, there are two tasting rooms in town worth going to: Coquelicot and Tensley.
Definitely will be hitting these places up this time. My friend who took us on the illuminati tour last year won't be joining us.

Should be great.

zoltan

Oregon is gonna fuckin smash these fools.

CANNOT WAIT. this could not be more perfect, I been wanting Oregon to face FSU and BAMA since I can remember and now we have a chance at both!

Mariota is the GOAT QB in CFB history if he pulls it off

Mame YO

slings rocks
One thing is for sure: Whoever wins the playoff will have earned it; Beating two top teams in a row is obviously extremely difficult. If Oregon does it they will have to go through the defending national champs AND (most likely) the most successful/talented program in the nation. And as if that isn't hard enough on it's own, they have to do it without their top CB (both FSU and Bama have 1000 yard recievers). Oh man. This is already 100x better than the old system and they haven't even played yet! Bart Scott

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
One thing is for sure: Whoever wins the playoff will have earned it; Beating two top teams in a row is obviously extremely difficult. If Oregon does it they will have to go through the defending national champs AND (most likely) the most successful/talented program in the nation. And as if that isn't hard enough on it's own, they have to do it without their top CB (both FSU and Bama have 1000 yard recievers). Oh man. This is already 100x better than the old system and they haven't even played yet! Bart Scott

Remember that if you are in favor of a playoff, that you are on the same side of an argument as Mame.

-YTC

Brick

I went to Tallahassee in high school for a basketball tournament. It was dire.

That article is D-grade Drew Magary.

Oregon is pretty hateable. Every program gets their Winston at least once a recruiting cycle.

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Only thing wrong about that article was saying that Clemson was going to lose. Oklahoma is fucking awful

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It's full of something but I'm doubting there's much beauty that isn't just there for 4 years

Brick

I'm skycamming the shit out of this one on watchespn. it will be awesome.

Will go back and watch the recorded ESPN broadcast if Oregon wins.

to me, it's all on winston to me. i think mariota will play good to great. could see winston anywhere on the spectrum, from terrible to great.

i could really see o'leary and greene both go nuts. worried about o'leary especially since oregon isn't used to seeing TEs.

toss up game based on that. i feel good about oregon but flazzu keeps winning, so talking myself out of it.

Last edited:

Lightningwar

Administrator
I'm skycamming the shit out of this one on watchespn. it will be awesome.

Will go back and watch the recorded ESPN broadcast if Oregon wins.

to me, it's all on winston to me. i think mariota will play good to great. could see winston anywhere on the spectrum, from terrible to great.

i could really see o'leary and greene both go nuts. worried about o'leary especially since oregon isn't used to seeing TEs.

toss up game based on that. i feel good about oregon but flazzu keeps winning, so talking myself out of it.

Be more worried about Cook running for 175 on 15 carries and 3 TDs.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

the Rose Bowl looks fuckin majestic.

Truly is an awesome venue. Went to both Texas/USC in '05 and Texas/Bama in '09 and while I enjoyed one game a lot more than the other, both times the weather was absolutely perfect and the setting was unbelievable.

And they were both non-traditional night games.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Truly is an awesome venue. Went to both Texas/USC in '05 and Texas/Bama in '09 and while I enjoyed one game a lot more than the other, both times the weather was absolutely perfect and the setting was unbelievable.

And they were both non-traditional night games.

I have done the Rose Bowl twice as well, the Nebraska-Miami National Championship and the Nebraska-UCLA game. I did not enjoy either one but the Rose Bowl is pretty cool. Traffic is a bitch getting in and out of Pasadena and parking on that stupid golf course is never fun but once you're inside, not many better places to watch a football game.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I'm team @Brick for the CFB playoffs. Tired of FSU's assclownery, but I'm afraid they'll do it again today.

I have done the Rose Bowl twice as well, the Nebraska-Miami National Championship and the Nebraska-UCLA game. I did not enjoy either one but the Rose Bowl is pretty cool. Traffic is a bitch getting in and out of Pasadena and parking on that stupid golf course is never fun but once you're inside, not many better places to watch a football game.

The one good thing about the stupid golf course is that when I was wandering around looking for my rental car after the Tide kicked Texas' ass, I came across a tiny Gueatemalan woman selling bacon wrapped hot dogs with all the fixins from a little cart. It didn't take all the pain away, but it did help.

S

Sink

Don't fuck this up Oregon, if you lose I'll have no one else to root for in the playoffs.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Awaiting camera man finding flat brimmed Oregon Bros in the crowd

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Herbie suit game is right

dirt

Trolltalitarian
best thing about the golf course was the ninjas selling $10 tee shirts on the way through town to get there... yes plz

dirt

Trolltalitarian
My in-law is doing the 20 hr swing flying down there for the game today. That is a memory I will look fondly on for the duration. I never imagined PC would go this far in the NFL or that Sanchez would go in the first round... or that JoPa would be shamed out of coaching... Nice to see PSU back in the bowl picture in spite of PedoSU controversy. Is that joke ever going to get old? :rant: