• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Rose Bowl: Oregon Vs Florida State

fsuprime

@bruin

Only person more mad than 22i was the 18k usc fans rooting for oregon lol

On to sAnta Barbara wine country for Me. Oregon balLin out of control

Lightningwar

Administrator
Went kind of how I expected. But I was hoping we would keep it respectable. 5 straight turnovers and an Oregon offense our defense had no answer for decimated us. I'll be cheering for the Ducks. I think they are the real deal.

Brick

man, just rewatched the offensive possessions for oregon. outside of the first drive, they never punted with mariota in the game.

that was their best performance of the year.

flazzu's shitty d is inexcusable imo. that DC mang...

oregon added some wrinkles in but the two long carrington TDs on fake screens is stuff oregon runs all the time. of course it works against other teams too, but everything oregon ran, it looked like florida state had no idea what was going to happen.

no penetration in the backfield, no wrinkles in scheme. they just kind of sat back and let stuff happen.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
man, just rewatched the offensive possessions for oregon. outside of the first drive, they never punted with mariota in the game.

that was their best performance of the year.

flazzu's shitty d is inexcusable imo. that DC mang...

oregon added some wrinkles in but the two long carrington TDs on fake screens is stuff oregon runs all the time. of course it works against other teams too, but everything oregon ran, it looked like florida state had no idea what was going to happen.

no penetration in the backfield, no wrinkles in scheme. they just kind of sat back and let stuff happen.

And that was at their best :laughing:

At their worst they had 9 men on the field or were aligned ridiculously incorrectly, allowing Oregon to gash them with ease. There was one designed QB wrap play where the defense lined up so poorly, that after Marriota pulled the ball, the lead blocker who was pulling around the edge didn't even have anyone to block, because the OLB wasn't even on the right side of the field (if he was even in the game) :laughing:

sayo

YEET
It was funniest when Fsu was trying to substitute guys while Oregon kept going. Shit was glorious. Especially that short td run in the first half where Fsu had 9 guys lined up.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It was funniest when Fsu was trying to substitute guys while Oregon kept going. Shit was glorious. Especially that short td run in the first half where Fsu had 9 guys lined up.

Plus like 3 people still on the field 20 yards offside in the Oregon backfield :laughing: The refs either didn't notice or didn't bother to throw the flag for some reason. The refs seemed confused by the fast pace as well, because there were two occasions where the Oregon Trips set WRs were all moving around trying to get set when Marriota had the ball snapped and was running a play.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Apparently Oregon wrs sometimes help the officials spot the ball? I heard that on the radio last night and couldn't believe it. Of course I don't know if they are actually helping them, or just getting the ball to the umpire quickly or whatever

Brick

oregon definitely gets away with some illegal motion because i think the refs are so overstimulated with getting the ball spotted, moving out of the way, and being in position for the play that they don't have time to recognize it. haha.

also i think that was the fastest oregon has played all year. the past two years in pac-12 play they have slowed down a bit under helfrich. yesterday was rapid fire like back it was for most of the kelly days. they took advantage of flazzu not being exposed to the offense.

i mean they are always getting over the ball quickly, but i think they noticed early that flazzu didn't know what they were doing and just said fuck it.

i imagine they'll be much more deliberate against tOSU.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Apparently Oregon wrs sometimes help the officials spot the ball? I heard that on the radio last night and couldn't believe it. Of course I don't know if they are actually helping them, or just getting the ball to the umpire quickly or whatever
Probably help get them the ball so the tempo can be kept up.

And yeah some missed false starts last night due to Oregon's tempo but it didn't matter.

fsuprime

Went kind of how I expected. But I was hoping we would keep it respectable. 5 straight turnovers and an Oregon offense our defense had no answer for decimated us. I'll be cheering for the Ducks. I think they are the real deal.

Ducks fan gave me beer in 3rd quarter after they went up 4 scores lol
luh me dat Solvang. Where are you staying? Wine Valley Inn is a good spot, if you haven't booked a room already.

Ebelskivers for breakfast? Fuck. Yes. Best ones are at a place on Copenhagen Dr. I can't remember the name, but it's the old school diner-looking place that has a walk-up to-go window for Ebelskiver orders. Also got to hit the Old Danish Fudge Kitchen (ha.gay sounding) on the corner.

Root 246 is a good restaurant if you want something nicer. East side of Alisal, and about a block south of the main drag.

If you go wine tasting.....favorite wineries are Demetria, Firestone, Curtis, Zaca Mesa, and Blackjack. And if you go into Los Olivos, there are two tasting rooms in town worth going to: Coquelicot and Tensley.

Just finished brewer clifton. Longoria and ampolos (in the pinot ghetto)

Heading to check in at solvsolvang.

Def doing root 246 all the locals luvin that stuff

Simo77

The Oregon 2 point conversion was basically the summary of the game. Oregon was ready, somehow FSU was confused and couldn't count. Then the FSU offense shit itself also.

sayo

YEET
The Oregon 2 point conversion was basically the summary of the game. Oregon was ready, somehow FSU was confused and couldn't count. Then the FSU offense shit itself also.
That's another thing. You know Oregon loves coming out for two early. You've had a month to prepare. I've seen that particular play out of that formation many times from them. Fsu still looked lost and out of position as if they spent just a few minutes on the extra point stuff.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I just shook my head in disbelief on the 2 point to start the game. Oregon runs that every game. Nothing changes. Yet Charles Kelly didn't have the defense ready to address the formation.

Brick

I just shook my head in disbelief on the 2 point to start the game. Oregon runs that every game. Nothing changes. Yet Charles Kelly didn't have the defense ready to address the formation.
isn't that the special teams' corch jerb? or did they keep the defense out there?

it's hard to defend regardless. i know it's easy to @kellasportslol at that stuff because teams look unprepared, but they run it so much because it's successful and hard to defend. sometimes they shift back to a normal kick formation and still fake.

they come out in different formations all the time.

why most teams don't do this more is mind bottling. because it already makes the other team start chasing points and panicking. especially the coaches more than the players.

bruin

B6kDzH6CYAAD3b-.jpg

Wooly

@TrojanMan

Nailed the aebleskivers this morNing. Headed back to our main main cargasachi who's family is one of the oldest in the area for wines and had a ball. Goodstuff all around.

Did you know Solvang was started by a group of anti-semitic Nazi sympathizing Danish, who had to leave Europe. I hope your aebleskiver was worth it.

fsuprime

Haha I was gonna say put it in the little known history thread.

I liked the whole area. Last year we stayed in sb city and it was nice but far from the wine.

Skeeter

Uber felon
I think the only reason that play hasn't become the new butt fumble is because the media eases up a bit on college students.

Given the status of the game that has to be one of the worst plays in the history of college football.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Not sure. Status meaning first semifinal national stage etc.

I've never seen a qb just fall down and pitch the ball backwards like that.

I'm sure there has been plenty of jaw dropping plays. Just not on a national stage like that.

ZeekLTK

I've been waiting for all the edited footage to come out, like from the Zidane headbutt...

But this is all I've found so far:

Booooo!