• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Offseason

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Well looks like I got all the guys I expected to including the #1 OLB. Managed to hold off Flann. Somehow lost out on a couple players I led on, but not really important players.

Ready to go. Making a few fairly drastic changes.

img25096802.jpg

Last edited:

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Green. Moved around some guys on the line, as well as some skills players to backfill RB. I got a nice 4* ATH that was 78 OVR at WR, HB, and DB. A real Deion Sanders type. I chose to put him at CB to make him a 1st year starter. My receiving corps is loaded this year (4 80+), and RB has two 77's now after moving a FB.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Decided to test some stuff in exhibition play, essentially turning multiple OL into TE and running a Pistol power pro style offense. Think Harbaugh Stanford or recent year Wisconsin stuff but with option. I ran for over 600 yards. Admittedly against a weaker CPU opponent but I was doing a lot of shifts and motion, shifting the strength of the formation, etc.

Since I don't have a fullback to run a more legit two back pro-style, I figured I could take a crack at it where I'm in the Pistol and the QB can block the extra guy with option. I think Kurt Roper was trying some stuff like this at Florida and Duke as well. Think it could be interesting. I'd like to be one of the few teams in the OD running legit power stuff while everyone else starts running a chuck n duck offense. I have some decent HB depth now, my one true TE is legitimately great, couple really good WR. OL is solid. I really wish I had a FB, but by moving some of these useless OL to TE where they can have a use, I can free up the TE to move into the backfield from time to time.

I also found a few formation quirks in Pistol with motion, including one with Wing Over that basically gives me:

----------T-G-C-G-T-TE--WR-----
-------------------------TE--WR---
---------------Q-------------------
-----------------------------------
---------------T-------------------

It isn't exactly like that, but similar. But imagine it with OL at the two TE spots and TE at the two WR spots and running Power or Stretch. :thumbsup:

Akecheta

Son of a B....... I moved a DE to DT... 94 both ways. Decided I actually liked him better at DE...... now he is a 91 WTF lmao

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Son of a B....... I moved a DE to DT... 94 both ways. Decided I actually liked him better at DE...... now he is a 91 WTF lmao

This is why I do all my position changes once, look it over as a whole team, then leave WITHOUT saving and do it again. There have been many a time I decided against a position change after the fact.

Luckily DT/DE is a close enough change that the OVR won't matter and the individual ratings won't change. Awareness on the DL is minor. I've had a few bad position changes where the awareness drop off was horrible.

SandS2910

I would have made 1 of my ATH's a wide receiver if I actually needed more... Hopefully, with the new QBR I won't throw 10 yards in front of those guys any more!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
i had to move a few of my 9 QBs over to CB for the year,

I get a big kick out of looking at your roster. You sure love your QBs.

Separate topic - I think 10 QB accuracy is going to be a big shock to everyone after playing with it on 5. Being able to rifle the ball down the field from the opening snap is going to be the norm. My prediction is that everyone is going to wish we are still at 5 after a few games. Going into it with an open mind, and I won't complain either way, but that's my prediction.

Walter323

I have a feeling it is going to widen the gap between teams and we will be back to qba5 the following season. But I as well will keep an open mind and give it a try

Akecheta

I get a big kick out of looking at your roster. You sure love your QBs.

Separate topic - I think 10 QB accuracy is going to be a big shock to everyone after playing with it on 5. Being able to rifle the ball down the field from the opening snap is going to be the norm. My prediction is that everyone is going to wish we are still at 5 after a few games. Going into it with an open mind, and I won't complain either way, but that's my prediction.

Not sure it can get much wider, in our game, and against bluejay the opposing QB's were fire from the jump. Walter might have had the only "bad" QB day to start the game in ours, and he still threw for 400 plus.

Akecheta

When cutting from the computer is there anyway to "not save" or undo it? I think I might have cut a low 90s player because the browser resorted after a cut.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I sent him a XBL msg. Do you receive msgs on live if it's from 360 to XBONE?