• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCFL II Round 1 Due by Saturday @ Noon CST

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Yeah, the only time I got you to do what I wanted was early the game when you followed the shallow and I hit the dig for 25 yards. After that, you played great coverage.

Mike Leach is ashamed of me

Ignoring the points and yards, that was one of the better defensive games I've played. I had a pretty good feel for my user defense and was picking up routes fairly quickly. I did a good job taking away your first option and forcing a check down, sack or turnover. You had to earn your yards.

My offense with lobby settings is drastically different from my offense in OD play. In OD play, I love pushing tempo and going on the attack. In lobby setting games, I prefer just going slow, huddling up and controlling the ball. Especially with 7 minute quarters had I matched your up-tempo, that game could have gotten out of hand very quickly and ended up an NBA score. I'll mix in an up-tempo drive here and there just so people don't get comfortable, but I'll usually just go nice and slow. 19:15 TOP was huge in that game and you STILL ran 62 plays in 3 quarters.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Semi-finals start this upcoming Friday. Congrats to those of you who are advancing. I have updated the bracket on Google Docs. Take a look at your opponent when you get a chance. Losers this week will face off in the bronze round.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Semi-finals start this upcoming Friday. Congrats to those of you who are advancing. I have updated the bracket on Google Docs. Take a look at your opponent when you get a chance. Losers this week will face off in the bronze round.

Do we have to wait until Friday? Next weekend isn't a problem if we want to keep the weekend thing going, but it's usually easier for me to hop on during a weeknight.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
You can put me in the championship game. IForm will never show up.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Do we have to wait until Friday? Next weekend isn't a problem if we want to keep the weekend thing going, but it's usually easier for me to hop on during a weeknight.

That's fine with me. Just schedule it as needed. I doubt I can play during this week. Lots of big changes with my 9-5 coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
That's fine with me. Just schedule it as needed. I doubt I can play during this week. Lots of big changes with my 9-5 coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know if you can, I can make most nights work. Tuesday night probably being the exception this week. Otherwise this weekend works fine for me.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Let me know if you can, I can make most nights work. Tuesday night probably being the exception this week. Otherwise this weekend works fine for me.

I know I can't Friday or Saturday for sure. I'll know more around tomorrow afternoon, but Wednesday night may be our best shot.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Word.

And, I'm getting closer. I was far more excited about playing my second tourney game.

We are in Wk 14 so my recommendation to you is to continue to recruit so that you can finish strong in that regard. Then pick up playing again when next season starts.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
UCLA beats Michigan State 20-13 in a polar opposite game as my last one. Very slow, methodical defensive battle. Michigan State ran just 34 plays for 205 yards and 9 first downs. UCLA had 419 yards, running 43 times for 289 yards and a TD and throwing 7 of 13 for 130 and a TD. Each team had a turnover. The Bruins held the ball 17:23 of 28:00. That was much more enjoyable than the 66 point debacle.

UCLA's first score came on a ridiculously well placed pass in the back of the end zone. Hundley dropped a dime on a guy for a 24 yard TD. The receiver was just behind a defender by the back pylon and got a toe down to make it official. He didn't throw all to well the rest of the game but that thing was perfect.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
UCLA advances 20-13 over Michigan State. Great game, @TXHusker05. You have the perfect team for your scheme.

Good game! I enjoy a more slow paced defensive game.

Yeah I hadn't run my Spread-I in OD play for a while so I decided I would dust it off for this tournament. I was originally going to run option with GT but then went back to the Spread-I and UCLA couldn't be better for it. Really good QB, not too quick but very capable runner. Two good backs, one power, one speed and really 4 good WR including one that runs the ball well. Biggest weakness is probably at TE but the TE is more than capable.

I'm sure I'll mix up my offenses in various tournaments.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
@TXHusker05 That three-headed rushing attack is a thing of beauty. I played Cover 0 the entire 4th and still got gashed. Tried an odd 5 and got gashed too. You did a great job of stretching the perimeter and forcing me to widen out the gaps after running zone all day. I may be one of the few folks around here who enjoy getting beat because the schemes help me learn.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Bracket updated.

Arkansas and UCLA square off for the title while Sparty and Washington have a rematch for the Bronze Cup. I based the Bronze Cup off round advancement and point differential.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
@TXHusker05 That three-headed rushing attack is a thing of beauty. I played Cover 0 the entire 4th and still got gashed. Tried an odd 5 and got gashed too. You did a great job of stretching the perimeter and forcing me to widen out the gaps after running zone all day. I may be one of the few folks around here who enjoy getting beat because the schemes help me learn.

I didn't get too far in depth with my offense in that one, although I did run Trap a whole lot more than I usually do. Something in your alignment vs closed 3x1 made Trap ridiculously successful. The DL was trapped perfectly and I was getting blocks at the 2nd level almost immediately.

I also worked in a lot more triple option than I usually do, either motion triple or my Trio 4WR (HB2 Slot) audible to Split Offset Triple Option series. That motion usually gets people a little confused because people hedge towards the HB side and then all of a sudden I'm in split backs. Got a few good sweeps worked in as well which is always helpful. Even got a really good Slot F Wing toss play.

I really wanted to work in some more screens in that game because the best part of my Spread-I is the screen game, but after I nearly had a disaster throwing a bubble screen I decided to just play it safe. I don't know what happened on that bubble screen, I had a perfect set up 3x1 with only 2 defenders out there and one of the receivers just whiffed. Could have easily been a pick 6.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I didn't get too far in depth with my offense in that one, although I did run Trap a whole lot more than I usually do. Something in your alignment vs closed 3x1 made Trap ridiculously successful. The DL was trapped perfectly and I was getting blocks at the 2nd level almost immediately.

I also worked in a lot more triple option than I usually do, either motion triple or my Trio 4WR (HB2 Slot) audible to Split Offset Triple Option series. That motion usually gets people a little confused because people hedge towards the HB side and then all of a sudden I'm in split backs. Got a few good sweeps worked in as well which is always helpful. Even got a really good Slot F Wing toss play.

I really wanted to work in some more screens in that game because the best part of my Spread-I is the screen game, but after I nearly had a disaster throwing a bubble screen I decided to just play it safe. I don't know what happened on that bubble screen, I had a perfect set up 3x1 with only 2 defenders out there and one of the receivers just whiffed. Could have easily been a pick 6.

I usually do a good job containing screens, but the buck sweep/QB power combo you used to stress the C & D gaps really killed me. Sparty has slow LBs, and the playside CB would always trade to the other side to cover the slot. The high safety would get caught in the traffic, and by that point, you would be past the marker. I was waiting for you to run to the weak side, but you never did. That would have broke the back of the D.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
@NavyHog can you possibly play like right now or in the next half hour or so? I could sneak a game in now, otherwise it'll have to be tomorrow afternoon/night some time.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Can't today.

Sorry.

I should be good to go from 3-7 PM EST tomorrow.

fonzilla

Not tonight? I wont have shit to do after 11 cst.. Wifes going out so I will be drinking some brew cursing my tv because Hannibal is a unreal tv show..

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
@NavyHog would a start time in like 30 minutes work? I could also do it after the Kentucky Derby tonight if that works. If not, tomorrow night would work too. I wasn't sure I'd be able to make that work but I could as long as it is after 6 central.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Navy and I just got disconnected. I'm still in the game but I don't think it was his fault, XBL has been acting really weird from the start and we had a ton of chop and lag in that game. When I first signed on to XBL, no one was online on my friends list and then all of a sudden it just populated.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Well a pretty brutal 3rd down drop costs UCLA the game. Wide open throw right on the money and it is dropped. Really two drops killed me, one early in the game that I dropped right into an Arkansas defender's hands for an INT and then a late drop on 3rd & Long in the 4th quarter. Would have been at least a 1st down and probably a touchdown to tie it up. Had to settle for a FG to cut it to 28-24 Arkansas. Held Arkansas to a FG to stay within a TD with a minute left but an INT ended my last minute drill pretty quick.

That drop was unreal. Dropped that thing softly right in his hands and he clanks it.

fonzilla

Well a pretty brutal 3rd down drop costs UCLA the game. Wide open throw right on the money and it is dropped. Really two drops killed me, one early in the game that I dropped right into an Arkansas defender's hands for an INT and then a late drop on 3rd & Long in the 4th quarter. Would have been at least a 1st down and probably a touchdown to tie it up. Had to settle for a FG to cut it to 28-24 Arkansas. Held Arkansas to a FG to stay within a TD with a minute left but an INT ended my last minute drill pretty quick.

That drop was unreal. Dropped that thing softly right in his hands and he clanks it.
I would have thrown my controller.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I would have thrown my controller.

I did, lucky just into the air and onto my couch.

The throw couldn't have been more perfect if I walked it out there and handed it to him. Perfectly placed, at least 5 yards of room from the nearest defender annnnnnnd clank. Wishing I had not forgotten conservative catch.

fonzilla

I did, lucky just into the air and onto my couch.

The throw couldn't have been more perfect if I walked it out there and handed it to him. Perfectly placed, at least 5 yards of room from the nearest defender annnnnnnd clank. Wishing I had not forgotten conservative catch.
I hate the ones were it bounces off your defensive players hands and you end up losing by one possession. Knowing that that int would have helped..

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
31-24 Arkansas in front of the home folks in Fayetteville. The Hogs ball control offense kept the Bruins big play offense the field with a 21-7 First Down advantage. QB Brandon Allen was 17-18, 238 yds, TD (thank you default sliders) and Alex Collins went over the century mark for the second straight with 23-129, 3 TDs.

As TX noted the drop was brutal. Another big play was when the score was 21-21 I had a 3rd-5, called a pass and everyone was covered. I started to move outside the pocket, saw that I was not going to get the first down running so I fired into double coverage for big gain. I'm sure that was another thrown controller.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
31-24 Arkansas in front of the home folks in Fayetteville. The Hogs ball control offense kept the Bruins big play offense the field with a 21-7 First Down advantage. QB Brandon Allen was 17-18, 238 yds, TD (thank you default sliders) and Alex Collins went over the century mark for the second straight with 23-129, 3 TDs.

As TX noted the drop was brutal. Another big play was when the score was 21-21 I had a 3rd-5, called a pass and everyone was covered. I started to move outside the pocket, saw that I was not going to get the first down running so I fired into double coverage for big gain. I'm sure that was another thrown controller.

Yeah that should have been a sack, then an INT and then at least a hit and drop. Somehow the throw got right in there. No idea how, I had an entire secondary surrounding that guy.

God that drop was just terrible. Good lord it doesn't get any easier than that throw. I have 5WR Trio Shallow Cross called, with the comeback hot routed to a streak just to help clear out the area specifically for the crosser. I threw a little late and led him way up the field to take away the trailing defender's angle, dropped that thing in there perfectly and was ready to turn up the field, make a move and house it and thennnnnnnnn clank. In OD play, that's not really a throw you can get away with thanks to QBA 5 and the pass D settings but with default sliders you can drop that crosser in late. It never even crossed my mind that he'd drop it. Not that wide open with no contact.

I knew once I had to settle for a FG there I was pretty much screwed. At best I hold you to a FG with maybe a minute left and need to put together an all passing panic hurry-up drive, which is what happened. At worst you march down the field for the 4th or 5th straight drive and I'm down two scores. Either way I was pretty much out of luck.