• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCFL II Round 1 Due by Saturday @ Noon CST

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Good game.

Nice job running that Boise style mong offense. Lot of different looks to defend...

Strange that you call it a Boise style offense. My inspiration is David Shaw. That was my first user game with my current playbook, and I learned a lot from it. By the fourth quarter, I was committing to the vertical passing game and picking my battles in the running game.

I made some changes to my playbook after the game. There really isn't a reason to run the I unless you need added pass protection against blitzes, or you want to attack the A gap. Trying to run outside was absolutely useless.

USC's front 7 is better than I remember. When my guy dropped a wide open TD, I died a little on the inside. :laughing:

If you ever want to play a rematch, send me a PM.

PSUEagle

Strange that you call it a Boise style offense. My inspiration is David Shaw. That was my first user game with my current playbook, and I learned a lot from it. By the fourth quarter, I was committing to the vertical passing game and picking my battles in the running game.

I made some changes to my playbook after the game. There really isn't a reason to run the I unless you need added pass protection against blitzes, or you want to attack the A gap. Trying to run outside was absolutely useless.

USC's front 7 is better than I remember. When my guy dropped a wide open TD, I died a little on the inside. :laughing:

If you ever want to play a rematch, send me a PM.

Interesting.

I call it "Boise-esq" because of all of the one back/no back personnel you used. Didn't really see you do much jumbo stuff out of 22/13 personnel (or 6/7 OL formations). I liked what you did in general though: you gave me some ideas going forward.

Disagree about the I, but then again I prefer to run Lead Inside Zone before going to Stretch. I should have used more 12 personnel in general though: double tight ace ("Ace Big") is the absolute hardest formation to defend IRL, IMO.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Interesting.

I call it "Boise-esq" because of all of the one back/no back personnel you used. Didn't really see you do much jumbo stuff out of 22/13 personnel (or 6/7 OL formations). I liked what you did in general though: you gave me some ideas going forward.

Disagree about the I, but then again I prefer to run Lead Inside Zone before going to Stretch. I should have used more 12 personnel in general though: double tight ace ("Ace Big") is the absolute hardest formation to defend IRL, IMO.

I guess that's part of my air raid roots when I first started getting into X's and O's. The whole premise of my offense is to stress the defense with different personnel groupings. I usually find the weakness by halftime and exploit that weakness in the 2nd half (see all the deep balls I threw). The reason you didn't see much jumbo personnel was because you did a great job of defending it. It was easier for me to run Ace Spread and force you into a nickel defense than it was to use heavy personnel.

I don't use everything each game. I find what works and keep using it until you stop it. Then, I iterate all over again.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Maybe tonight. My 8th grader is graduating so I am a lil busy right now

I thought he was being released back into your supervision. I didn't know getting out of Juvie was considered graduating.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Zona moves on 24-21.

Only 3 incompletions combined but a pick in the end zone cost fonz a chance at the win.

RamesuThe1

Sometime tomorrow evening work? Like 6 ET?

Watching the Finals tonight.

If you could play right now both of us can be done in time to watch the finals.

If not, tomorrow night would work but it'll have to be later than 6 est. more like 9