• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Mongmittee Thread

Renegade

Charge on!
Keeping track of what ESPN wants.

B1EkylzIgAEu-QD.jpg:large

B1EkESFIgAATQCF.png

B1Ej-ApIUAAoZwX.png

B1Ej33cIMAAPxXY.png

B1EjuUGIUAAJOXJ.png

bruin

haahahaahaahahaahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaahha.

Brick

Good thing they put Baylor ahead of tcu, too.

So nd is 10 when they came within a judgement call penalty of beatng #2, but ole miss is a complete fucking no show against #19 and stays in the top 4?

Jlawokay.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Notre Dame at #10

Georgia, who lost to South fucking Carolina, ahead of Arizona, who beat Oregon on the road, and Baylor, who beat TCU

ASU 3 spots ahead of Utah, despite losing by 35 at home to the same UCLA team Utah beat on the road

Oklahoma ahead of WVU despite one less win and no big wins like WVU's over Baylor

Confused-Leach.gif

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Join me in not giving a fuck about any of this

Wooly

I am not the one posting over and over in CFB threads how much he no longer cares about CFB.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations

yesss, get worked up about it.

mr-burns.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
As I've posted since this shit started LOL at anyone who thinks 19 random people picking a top 25 over the BCS. These rankings are hilarious.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I don't think the years of people arguing for a playoff over the years on this forum were "let's get 1@ jerkoffs to pick the teams." Of course this is a disaster.

Objective criteria need to be implemented. Easier said than done, but mainly because every organization involved in this from the ncaa, the conferences, the institutions themselves, and the Espn are jackasses.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I'd do this:

Sec plays round robin schedule. All 13 teams play each other. That is the one true champion to the chagrin of big 12 marketers.

All other teams give 25% of top line revenue to sec as tribute for even attempting to play the sport the sec has perfected.

All other teams are playing for 15th
place.

Importance of regular season is preserved.

Kids only play 13 games so they can concentrate on academics.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I don't think the years of people arguing for a playoff over the years on this forum were "let's get 1@ jerkoffs to pick the teams." Of course this is a disaster.

Objective criteria need to be implemented. Easier said than done, but mainly because every organization involved in this from the ncaa, the conferences, the institutions themselves, and the Espn are jackasses.

Well I didn't advocate for jerkoffs, but knowing that was the inevitable result, I did argue for a 12 team playoff, and I think it will get there eventually. Actually I think they'll go to 16, but I like 12 because you can structure incentives (1-4 get a bye, 5-8 get a home game).

You just need more teams, then the selection criteria aren't as important.

Wooly

Well I didn't advocate for jerkoffs, but knowing that was the inevitable result, I did argue for a 12 team playoff, and I think it will get there eventually. Actually I think they'll go to 16, but I like 12 because you can structure incentives (1-4 get a bye, 5-8 get a home game).

This has always been my position too, that the only way to get it even close to right is to expand enough teams to reduce your margin of error and decrease the magnitude of the argument over the last place in. Personally I like 8 teams, with home field advantage for the 1st round as the incentive, and ease of logistics (hard to schedule a possibility of 3 extra games at neutral sites and fans still attend).

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Those familiar with FCS, Div II and III, how are those playoffs structured? I'm sure it's basically a combo of conference champs plus at-large teams. I'm also sure that in those divisions, they have their own versions of the SEC where they have a plethora of strong teams while other conferences are shit.

I like an 8 team playoff because, just like the NCAA basketball tourney, it fits neatly into three weekends. A larger 12 or 16 team playoff would almost certainly require shortening the season (or moving its Week 1 to the second week of August), and for the many schools for which getting into the playoffs is about as likely as Travis selling the Trogrunner, they ain't gonna give up that extra revenue.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

The juxtaposition between this argument and @Mame YO's Obamacare argument is too good. :laughing: At this point I have no faith that the NCAA will do anything right.

The NCAA would fuck up a wet dream, so it doesn't matter if they have a 12 team tournament because somehow, some way they'll manage to make it even worse than the current setup. They'll exclude some undefeated mid major team in favor of a 4 loss SEC team and my head will asplode.