SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2024 Thread

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
You know a team is well built when your two highest paid offensive players are both 30+ years old with 10 years left on contracts with slash lines of .228/.282/.354 and .213/.263/.316

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
It's been downhill in SUN DIEGO ever since these guys showed up.

sddefault.jpg

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Lol swept by the Rockies. Glad they brought me back to reality fast when I thought they had possibly gotten over the hump.

They need to Bobby Bonilla machado and Bogaerts asap.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Reds lose another series. Can't wait to get clown stomped by the doyers. This is a 100 loss team after just barely missing the playoffs last year. 20th consecutive year of a rebuild.

CJ_24

Maybe Houston should have spent more time on infrastructure and less time on being rotten CHEATERS

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
He looks so good. Hope he doesn't become Strasburg, Wood or Prior and just super good for a brief period until he wrecks his arm.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I am gonna do it this weekend I think, but not to a Padres game. I don't want to puke all that up when Machado GIDP for the 1,000th time.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
He looks so good. Hope he doesn't become Strasburg, Wood or Prior and just super good for a brief period until he wrecks his arm.
Strasburg lasted way longer than the other two and won a World Series. Obviously an unfortunate ending to his career. But I don’t think the three should be in the same sentence.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Strasburg lasted way longer than the other two and won a World Series. Obviously an unfortunate ending to his career. But I don’t think the three should be in the same sentence.

Aren't there concerns about Strasburg having issues leading a normal life due to nerve damage?

Not a question of if but when Skenes breaks. It sucks but the human body isn't built to last consistently throwing as hard as these guys do.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Cherrington can’t wait to trade Skenes for used resin bag, a half full bucket of pine tar and cash considerations

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Aren't there concerns about Strasburg having issues leading a normal life due to nerve damage?

Not a question of if but when Skenes breaks. It sucks but the human body isn't built to last consistently throwing as hard as these guys do.
Yes. It absolutely sucks.

Also I forgot how long Wood stuck around as a reliever.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I mean yeah they do. Generational talent flame throwers that had their careers ended too soon due to arm injuries. Obviously they aren’t identical but all three at their peaks were pretty close in talent and results.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
He's such a grifter. All he does is pick a player that throws hard and claims future injuries based on some pseudo mechanical analysis. He's been doing this for decades at this point.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
tigers are dogshit yet again. Shocking. 18 innings in a row without a run lmbo

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Fox has been showing the rangers angels since the padres and Braves was rained out. Cripple fight. Going into the 13th inning. Neither team can get a run home from second

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Padres prefer to only play well on the road against good teams. At home they mail it the fuck in