• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2024 Thread

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Show me where I ever said they didn't cheat. I've always said the way they cheated was stupid because if they got caught it was extremely traceable. It's Nutopia that has reading comprehension problems and takes that to mean "he says they never cheated!" or "he supports them in cheating!"

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Many have also said that if you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying. So their only problem really is that they cared too much - it was too much trying.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Show me where I ever said they didn't cheat. I've always said the way they cheated was stupid because if they got caught it was extremely traceable. It's Nutopia that has reading comprehension problems and takes that to mean "he says they never cheated!" or "he supports them in cheating!"
You insinuated that everyone was cheating, and then said that they shouldn't have banged trash cans (?) because it was traceable (?).

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I did once say that others were cheating (which is not approval of the Astros doing it). I soon recognized that was a knee-jerk defensive response and quickly apologized and took it back.

I stand by that the way they cheated was dumb because it's traceable. Not sure why that's a question. Are others cheating? Probably. Not saying that as an excuse for the Astros. Let's say they had cheated some other way. When the former player brought it up, what could MLB do? How would they prove it? It was the word of one person who wasn't with the team anymore. But when MLB could take the accusations and prove it happened, then they could do something with it. They didn't, which is the fault of MLB. Fans of baseball definitely didn't let them off the hook the way MLB did. But if it weren't so easy for fans to go back and say "Yeah, there are definitely bangs before big hits," then it's just hearsay and nothing would have happened. I have no doubt people and teams do what they can to get an edge. But those who find ways to not get caught can get away with it. Hitting a trash can is dumb.

So again, I shouldn't have used that others probably skirt the rules as an excuse. I've apologized for that and moved on. I do not hide or approve that they cheated for those couple of years. They did and I do not defend it in any way. They were dumb to do it and the way they did it was super dumb.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
You seem only vaguely familiar with what your own team was doing. MLB was aware of the cheating long before journalists figured it out. MLB warned teams to stop before 2019.

Other MLB teams knew what the Astros were doing and shared details to the Nationals before the 2019 series. Journalists later secured the admission and details from 5 (not 1) Astros players. It wasn't just about the bangs, they were using multiple levels of technology and multiple schemes to relay signs. The bangs only hit very publicly because Jomboy dug through hours of videos and everyone was able to watch the hilarity unfold on Twitter.

The Yankees asked MLB to investigate whistling sounds that they believed were meant to relay signs to batters in Game 1 of the 2019 AL Championship Series, but MLB said they found no wrongdoing.[28] Astros manager A. J. Hinch mocked the Yankees for the accusation, saying: "it made me laugh because it's ridiculous. And had I known that it would take something like that to set off the Yankees or any other team, we would have practiced it in spring training."[29] The Yankees also reportedly alleged that the Astros were using blinking lights beyond the center-field fences to relay stolen signs in Game 6 of the series.[30]

Before the 2019 World Series, MLB disciplinarian Joe Torre and other league officials held an unusual pre-series meeting with the GMs and managers of both teams to warn them against using cameras pointed at the dugouts or at catchers or using electronics in the dugout.[31] Multiple Nationals players were contacted by other players around the league to warn them about the Astros. One unnamed Nationals player told The Washington Post, "It was amazing, once [it was assured] we were playing the Astros, how many people were coming out of the woodwork to let us know what they were doing."[31] The Nationals developed a complex system of mixing signs to thwart any attempts by the Astros to steal signs in the World Series.[32] The Nationals went on to beat the Astros by winning four away games at Minute Maid Park.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I'm sorry you think I don't already know that.

So tell me what you want from me. Did they cheat? Yes. I think we both agree on that. Did I act like a fan and defend it at first? Yes. But I have realized that was not good behavior and I don't do it anymore.

So where else are you still upset with me? Did I not apologize the right way? Am I not admitting they cheated the way you want me to? I'm not sure what more I need to do beyond saying they cheated and that they were wrong to do it and I don't condone it in any way. But whatever you need me to do so that you can see we're on the same page, just let me know. I have no problem with it because I agree with you 100%.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
man i want abrams and wood both back. Soto went out to SD for a vacation now he's playing like a beast for that $1B contract from the yankees

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
laugh-cry.gif

Brick

we need a which teams are most FUN on MLB TV LEAGUE PASS chudfekkktor piece 2 confirm